Rich Wedemeyer at Rose State College

Rich Wedemeyer

Number of ratings 90 / Average Grade:  A+ Submit a correction

2/11/14

PSYC 2103

Professor Wedemeyer is a GREAT teacher! Everything he teaches us helps us with everyday life situations. I would most recommend to take his Human Relations class. He has amazing activities that I am sure you will enjoy. :)

12/11/13

PSYC 2103

Amazing teacher and amazing class! I took Human Relations with this professor, and it was great. Keep in mind that he expects you to actually show up for the class, but otherwise, very laidback and encouraging environment.

12/10/13

psyc 2103

Great teacher and great content covered.

psyc 2313

Professor Wedemeyer is very clear on his expectations in and out of class. He uses power points and goes over every one that he assigns for the class. His demonstrations of real life counseling situations is pertinent to our career. I have had him in 4 different classes and he is fair and thorough.

Human Relations

Wedemeyer's Human Relations focuses on making us examine ourselves and how we deal with other people. He showed us various techniques that can improve of view of ourselves and our interactions with others. Some key topics were reading body language, emotions, and self improvement. We used a workbook for all our homework assignments. Great class.

Counseling

Wedemeyer gave us the inside information that he said would determine if we continued with a psychology, social worker, etc. major. He performed demonstrations of the most recognized forms of counseling including Gestalt and Rogerian. As students we also practiced various counseling techniques. The class consisted of a few tests and nothing else.

12/3/13

counseling

Great professor! He loves his job and loves seeing students learn. Would recommend taking his classes.

11/4/13

psychology

I took 3 of Rich's classes and loved them all! human relationship, human sexuality, and developmental psych. He is absolutely amazing! He knows what he is talking about and loves what he does! I would recommend any of his classes!

8/24/13

PSYC2103

The experience of have being taught by Professor Wedemeyer was just that an experience into myself and the worlds view of me. I sat like a dry sponge not realizing what I needed until Professor Wedemeyer poured into my intellect. If your considering taking Human Relations do not miss an opportunity to receive from this awesome Professor.

8/8/13

psyc2313

Wedemeyer is my all time favorite professor. He cares about what he teaches and about his students he WANTS US to move on. This is will be my third semester taking him. You do have to make every class to do well on test. Uses powerpoint and questions come straight from the powerpoints.

8/7/13

psyc2103

All of his classes are amazing. I took his Human Relations, Human Sexuality and Abnormal Psych classes last semester and I loved them. I look forward to his Intro to Counseling in the fall.

7/5/13

PSYC 2313

My favorite professor from Rose State College. He knows what he is talking about, and explains it very well. Psychology of Human Sexuality and Intro to Counseling were my most recent classes taken with thi professor. Would DEFINITELY tell people to take his class!!

5/22/13

Great Professor if you really want to learn about counseling. He will teach you what the books do not. Even though attendance was not mandatory you will still want to go because you can not get most of the stuff he gives you out of the book. I love taking his classes.

5/21/13

intro to cou

He is a great professor.very helpful. This is the 2nd class of his I have taken and he is an amazing professor.he makes sure you know everything that is important.he even goes over important items the book leaves out. I am sorry the class had to end.I really enjoyed and learned a lot.

5/21/13

Intro Counseli

The Professor is very helpful and he knows what he is talking about. He is great with the material and I think he covered everything and was able to put real life situations in the the lecture. He keeps up with his syllabus and makes sure that you understand the lecture before going on to the next. He is also very student oriented. ILOVEDhis class.

5/20/13

psyc 2103

Loved this class. Very easy, gives you everything you need to know to make an A...

5/18/13

PSYC 2213

Very interesting class, easy to understand Prof Wedemeyer's lectures. This is one of the most enjoyable easy A classes I've taken so far. Come to class and pay attention, and go over slides for tests and you will be just fine. Did not even open my textbook once to read. Everyone should take Wedemeyer if you get the opportunity!

5/17/13

psyc 2313 2656

Wonderful instructor! Very passionate about this course. I loved his class and would like to have him again. C Loper

5/14/13

This is a must take class with Professor Wedemeyer, he is open and honest with his students, he also makes learning Into to Counseling a success.

5/7/13

2413 Psy Sexual

This is an awesome course! I took it just to have fun and see what I didn't know but it's so much more then I expected. Very thorough and Rich has a way of making his courses fun and comfortable.

5/7/13

This class has insight into human sexuality. It covers everything from the physical, mental, diseases, just about everthing you can think of. Professor Wedemeyer is insightful and passionate about this subject. I strongly recommend this course for all people going into psychology or are interested in human sexuality.

4/29/13

PSY 2103

I honestly feel like everyone needs to take this class as a requirement. It was so wonderful and Rich is especially knowledgable and cares so much about his students. One of my favorite Rose classes by far!

4/27/13

PSYC 2313

I love this class...it is informative and interesting..Rich is a caring professor and very passionate lecturer...I learned so much about myself...I encourage all to take this class. C.Davi

4/12/13

PSYC2313

Good Class he goes over slides and if you listen and take notes you will do good on the test. He is willing to help where he can. Great Professor

12/18/12

PSYC2213

Rich has by far been my favorite professor at Rose State so far. He covers the material very eloquently and always has short videos to exemplify what you're learning.Text book use was low, you could almost take the tests without reading by studying powerpoints. A term paper is required- 5 pages but you have all semester to finish. Highly recommend!

12/13/12

PSYC2103

Great Professor, Class was interesting. We did class activities. He explained things so you could understand. Tests were a little tricky but if you read, you could understand!! Would take him again and again!!! One paper. Over all I enjoyed the class!!

12/12/12

PSYC2103

I cant say enough about Professor Wedemeyer. I wish I had known about him a long time ago and I would've taken ALL my psych courses from him. I always looked forward to his class and learned soooo much. He is a wonderful teacher who cares for and respects his students and is extremely fair. I honestly was sad on my last day of class.

12/7/12

PSYCABN

Awsome teacher, just go to class, listen and you will pass

12/6/12

Dpsyc2213

Awesome professor. Very open to questions and discussions. His tests match his material, which are powerpoints.

12/5/12

PSYC2103

Rich is one of the most passionate down to earth professors I have ever had!!! The course is very helpful in all aspects of life. There is 4 tests and one paper and all the information you need is in his power points. I will be taking more of his class just because he is that great of a professor.

11/30/12

PSYCH0000

He is an awesome teacher, I've had him for several classes and I recommend them all. He really cares about what he is teaching and about his students. He makes his classes fun and informative. I've learned so much about myself and other people and enjoyed it all thoroughly!

11/28/12

PSYCH2113

loved it!!

11/13/12

psyc2322

knows what he is talking about, very passionate

11/6/12

PSYC7948

I only took this class because I needed it for my degree. I have learned so much from it, however. It has been the most amazing class I have taken thus far. The professor is amazing and delivers the material in ways that I can actually understand which is no easy task. I absolutely LOVE this class and everything I have learned this semester!!!

10/29/12

Psyc2103

He is a lot of fun. Do the work and the class is great.

8/6/12

PSYC2103

Humans Relations was very interesting! You will use the book and he requires it to be bought new. We did a ton of group activities. Participation and attendance required. 5 page term paper due at end of semester. He teaches about body language, relationships, and gives really good tips for job interviews! Very informative and very fun!

8/2/12

PSYC2413

This guy is great! Didnt use the book at all, tests come from powerpoints and lecture. If you go to every class he will bump your grade. AND he makes it fun to learn! Uses a ton of youtube, pictures, and past experiences. Had to do a 5 page paper but had all semester to complete. This was my 3rd class with Rich, will take more!

8/1/12

Psych2103

I took his human relations class. It's very interesting, he's hands on and covers information perfectly. I'd recomend him.

5/18/12

psyc0999

Loved this class! You have to participate in class but he makes it fun! You have to go to class. I will be taking more of his classes. Test pretty easy if you listen. I made 90 and above on all test. You have a paper but you get the entire semester to write it. Not hard at all!

5/17/12

psyc2213

GREAT PROF! Funny, so knowledgable, lots of youtube & other videos to illustrate concepts, concerned & helpful. Gives grade bump bonus if you come to class but not required. Uses slides, must study, but never tests on anything not covered in class. EXCELLENT prof, will go out of my way to work out my schedule so can take more classes from him.

5/16/12

PSYC2103

Best professor I've had! He is great with students and very understanding. I highly recommend you take all of his course.

5/14/12

Abnor2

I LOVED this class!! Abnormal Psych was incredible. If you show up for class, there is no reason to not understand everything. This professor is EXTREMELY class involved, VERY helpful and really enjoys teaching! HIGHLY recommend!!!!

5/10/12

PSYC2213

AMAZING professor! The best Ive ever had! He provides experience that makes the class so interesting! Tests are easy as long as you study his powerpoint slides. Have to do a 5 page term paper, no homework, no extra credit. I will be taking many more of his classes!

5/1/12

PSYC2103

Professor Wedemeyer is truly one of the most knowledgeable teachers I have had the honor of choosing. His manner of teaching is so enjoyable and he has quite a sense of humor. I took human relations because I wanted to learn how to relate to peole better. I didn't need the course but it was the best decision I ever made! Thank you Rich :)

5/1/12

Psych1103

The one class you MUST take! There is a focus on how to maintain all human relations, those with your partner, children, family, friends and even random people you interact with.

4/7/12

PSYC2703

Rich is the most helpful teacher ever!

4/5/12

PSYC2103

Very fun, very funny. Easy tests, easy homework. Very helpful. I plan to take him for human sexuality. He's just awesome!

2/13/12

Psyc2103

I wish I could take this class all over again. It was fabulous! I've never had a professor like Prof. Wedemeyer: he really loves his work and wants his students to succeed. He's incredibly knowledgable and entertaining. You won't be tempted to text while he's talking :) Just the best!

2/13/12

Hum2413

Some teachers just go through the motions. This professor is passionate about his subject. His clarity and specific instructions are very welcome. My best class this year.

2/7/12

Psyc2103

Human Relations is the most interesting class. It really is thought provoking and helps me to understand myself and others better. How people relate to one another. The professor is outstanding and is very knowledgable, witty and entertaining. I highly recommend this class.

2/3/12

HUMANRELA

The only downside I personally had with this professor was that I waited until my last semester to have a class with him! He's great! Very easy to understand, makes class interesting, and isn't afraid to answer your questions-very open! He will also work with you if you are having any problems! Highly recommended.

1/9/12

PSYC0001

Very cool. Very Smart. Will take him agian in the future.Learned a great deal about myself and others while takling this course.

1/8/12

psyc2103

Very insightful!! Great Professor and very informative.

PSYC2213

This was an awesome course. Professor Wedemeyer kept each stage of development intriguing by showing either interesting or extremely funny videos. This class provides a better understanding of how our mind and body development impacts who we are and become over the years. I highly recommend taking this class and instructed by the best.. WEDEMEYER!

PSYC2103

Mr. Wedemeyer is an exceptional professor and was very knowledgeable while instructing the Abnormal Behavior class. This class, normally not offered at the undergraduate level, is fascinating and highly recommended. I felt privileged to have taken this class in advance and by an extraordinary individual.

PSYC2103

Professor Wedemeyer is an amazing instructor who not only makes learning interesting but fun. His Human Relations class teaches you to see relationships and life in a totally different prospective than you ever had before. I highly recommend taking this class not only because of his teaching style but for your own personal gain!!

PSY2103

In order to pass this class you MUST attend class. There is no way you can pass without being in class, participating is also essential. The test questions are from the lectures and class discussions. Bonus questions are from the text.

PSY2413

He is such an awesome teacher. I have had him for several classes. My advice for you, "Go to EVERY Class". He gives out valuable information that will be on the test. The lecture will allow you to recall the information easily. The Bonus questions will come from the text book.

PSY2313

WONDERFUL Professor. Attendance is HIGHLY suggested. The majority of the information on the test will be from his lectures. The bonus questions and few questions will be from the book. Really enjoyed the class.

12/15/11

Psyc2103

I loved his class and knowledge of the subject. You truly learn a lot in class because it is stuff you deal with daily. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

12/14/11

Psyc2413

IF you're lucky enough to need a class that this man teaches, then jump on it as soon as you can. I don't care if it means you have to switch the rest of your classes around this. This is THE best professor I have had yet due to his knowledge of the subject and his willingness to help you.

12/13/11

PSYC2103

He is an amazing professor & I learned so much in this class, it was extremely interesting! I loved it! But he is very strict when it comes to attendance and tardiness. He does not like to be interuppted by a student walking in late. He is fair and as long as you attend class there is no reason why you shouldn't make an A.

12/12/11

Hum0001

He is very understanding, and interesting. I loved his class. I actually learned alot from him. He doesnt like people to miss class or be late but thats it. If you show up and pay attention it's an easy and interesting class. Ill be taking him again next semester

12/12/11

HUM0001

This class was great, MR. Wedemeyer himself is great. I have taken 3 of his classes now and everyone has been very informative and fun. I have enjoyed every class just as much as the other's with him. He is very smart and knows what he is teaching about. Great professor if you have the chance to take one of his classes DO IT!!!!!

12/11/11

Psyc2103

This professor is extremely intelligent. The class kept my interest, and I learned valuable life skills. I am more successful in my relationships because of the material I learned in the class. The professor wants his students to succeed and provides the tools necessary for success. I highly recommend this class and professor.

12/8/11

psych3217

Awesome class with an awesome professor. If you show up you will get an A.

12/8/11

psyc2103

This was a great class because of Rich, he has a way of making you think outside the box, he really enjoys teaching and it shows, I really got a lot out of his class. he is strict but absolutely fair. with everyone.

12/2/11

psychPSYC

The best professor that I've had so far at Rose State. I've recommended his class (Human Sexuality) to several people- even those that attend other colleges, because of the level of excellence that he provides as a professor. I look forward to taking other classes from him. If you have the opportunity to take a class from him, do it.

11/22/11

psyc113

Mr Rich is awesome and I really enjoyed his class. He did'nt make me feel like I shouldnt be in college. He really enjoys what he does, and that is awesome. He's on your side.

8/4/11

psych2413

If you want someone who loves what he does and cares enough about his students to make them love it too, this is your guy!

7/28/11

PsychSex

Mr Wedemeyer is one of my favorite teachers. He is extremely helpful and will answer ANY question you have, even if it is off topic. His way of teaching is quick and easy but thorough. Most tests are true or false and if you attend class regularly you will more than likley pass with an A or a B.

7/26/11

PSYC2413

This is his Human Sexuality course.He is one of the best teachers i have had at Rose.This class was very informative and very interesting in many different areas such as: Male and Female anatomy, Basics of sex,Sexual Communication, STI's, Commercialized sex, atypical sexual behaviors, and many others.I encourage anyone to take it.

6/27/11

PSYC2213

Best Professor I have ever had. He really loves teaching and learning, and he is extremely helpful when you need him. His tests are very easy as long as you look over all the material, and his lectures are really good too. You can tell he really loves his job, and if you're taking any Psych class, He is the best. :)

5/20/11

Hum2413

I LOVED his class! He LOVES his class and that is what best about him, he loves his job and having a professor like that is very rare! His tests are fairly easy if you listen 25 questions all T/F. One thing he does not like is you to be late its very disturbing while he is IN THE ZONE of his teaching :) I highly recommend this professor!!!

12/1/10

Best psychology professor ever

10/28/10

psyc1113

Awesome guy! He really makes you understand what is in the book. Enjoyed his class, and will be taking more of them in the near future. He lets you know what will be on the test. I would of done better if I only applied myself more. My fault not his.

8/11/10

PSYC2214

Just finished another course with this professor, Human Sexuality. I really have nothing but good things to say about him and the class. I learned so much. I came in thinking I knew a lot about the subject, but it turns out to be a much more involved and complex subject. I reaaly like the way the class gets you to think for yourself.

8/3/10

hum2413

Really, really great teacher!! Knows his stuff and teaches VERY well. If you take ANY psych classes TAKE HIS!!! :D

7/25/10

PSYC2103

Human Relations. This is a very unusual class. It's like learning the most important stuff you aren't going to see anywhere else. All about relationships and how to have them. Professor is outstanding.

7/15/10

PSYC2413

Prof. Wedemeyer, Rich, as he asks us to call him, is one of the best professors I've have had thus far. This the third class I've taken with him, and I prefer to take my Psych classes because of his teaching style.

12/29/09

PSYCHum

So easy to get a hold of. He was always in his office when I needed him.

11/5/09

DEVPS010

Great Teacher. Really know's his stuff. Had lots of fun in class. Weird quirky guy but really fun.

11/5/09

DEVPS010

7/23/09

Psyc2103

He really cares about his students!

7/23/09

PSYC2103

He is a very nice professor. I learned alot in his class, and am still in touch with him. He really enjoys teaching!

5/4/09

psyc2213

He is an excellent teacher!! I highly, highly recommend him to anyone. You can only miss 4 classes but it's an easy A for sure!

1/19/09

psych2213

Tests on what he teaches in class which is great. Makes it interesting. His enthusiasm is contagious. Show up, learn the age chart, and you'll do really well. I got a high A without using the book much at all.

1/5/09

Intro3479

Excellent Teacher. 90% of test questions come from his lectures. 3 test, 25 questions each.Watch films and You Tube videos.

5/7/08

DEVELPSYC

Excellent professor. Tests are 25, True/False questions. If you understand each age group, you will do great. There is just something about the way he teaches that makes you really think. GREAT CLASS!

7/28/07

psyc1113

Very great professor! Will be taking more of his classes(not required, but enjoyed!) this fall!

More Psychology professors at Rose State College