in Winthrop University that teach Speech Edit
Professor in the Speech department
at Winthrop University, Rock Hill, SC
are you Karen Bair?

01/06/2011
SPCH201 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

terrible professor. I am no better of a speaker now than I was when I walked in class on the first day. she is too focused on spending the class period doing ridiculous stretching and voice exercises that we never got everyone's speech in. she's very unorganized and will not answer your questions. she's a nice person but awful professor.

10/22/2010
SPCH201 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

WORST TEACHER EVER. Don't bother asking questions, she will not answer you. She will ramble on needlessly about topics unrelated to class. You will hate yourself by the end of the semester for signing up with her. Pick another professor, don't do this to yourself.

04/21/2010
Speec201 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Never used the textbook, though she said we "had to buy it". It wasn't as easy as I expected, I legitimately had to work on my speeches, but it wasn't too bad. And I did actually improve, and get over my fear of public speaking. She's a crazy one, easy to make fun of. Tests are ridiculously hard for this class. Overall not the worst class.

03/08/2010
good
Spch101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

She's not the greatest prof... but who is? I came into the class with a good attitude and instantly made an impact on her which is why I feel she likes me and my speeches. Her grading is okay, not too harsh, but we haven't even mentioned the book in class. However she confuses my deep voice with monotone, you just have to clear some stuff up.

03/04/2010
SPCH201 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

ok so this lady is crazy,rude, and needs to retire. she doesnt like to hear what other people have to say and she just talks on and on.....she made us buy the book and we didnt even use it SO DONT BUY IT...but if u want a class that you are sure you will pass THEN TAKE HER because it is possible to make a B or A as ling as you do what she wants

03/04/2010
SPCH101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

OMG THIS LADY NEEDS TO RETIRED!! SHE HAS ISSUES....if your looking for a speech teacher then take her cause the class is pretty easy but DONT BUY THE BOOK...she made us by it and we didnt use it....also she is rude and doesnt like to listen to other people..our class didnt like her but you dont have to worry about failing

10/28/2009
good
SPCH201 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

She's...interesting. A nice lady outside of class but not the best professor. Pretty easy class.

06/23/2009

Quite possibly the craziest and unorganized professor to walk the Winthrop campus. Don't waste your time with her. You'll never get your speeches back. She assigns the worst topics to give speeches on. Her grading is all over the place, as well as her head. You'll fall asleep during class because she's so boring. Worthless.

03/13/2009
SPCH201 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

She is crazy. Everything you do in her class is out of order and so confusing. I did well and got an A but it took a lot of work. A very hard grader on speeches and warm ups .. a waste of time! Do not take her!

05/23/2008
good

this class was easy, real easy. Just do well on your speeches and you will get an A, like I did