in Santa Barbara City College that teach Mathematics Edit
at Santa Barbara City College, Santa Barbara, CA
are you Jared Hersh?

05/12/2014
good
Math100 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Jared is a great teacher! Quizzes everyday but you only turn them in if you think they will help your grade, he helps you review for tests and provides tones of worksheets so you can do extra practice. Hw is not mandatory and he has a pretty laid back personality. Highly recommend taking him!

04/17/2014
good
Math 138 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

AMAZING! If you have a chance take his 137& 138 class. He is the only teacher I have ever had who could make a 9 unit math class fun

02/13/2014
good
Math 137 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Hands down, greatest teacher i have ever encountered. Amazing professor. Clear, fair, funny, direct, helpful and friendly !!

02/05/2014
good
MATH 100 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Jared makes math seem extremely simple. As someone who has struggled my whole life with math, I appreciate this! If you go to class and pay attention-you're solid. He has you practice what he is talking about immediately so if you have any questions ask right then and there, he will never make you feel stupid! If you struggle with math, take him!!

12/25/2013
good
138 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Jared is a great teacher. He explains everything thoroughly and helps you out when needed. His attitude is always good and he tries to make the class fun (even with cheesy jokes).

12/14/2013
good
Math 138 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Awesome teacher. Keeps class fun and has good sense of humor. Very available for outside help and doesn't make you feel like your wasting his time. That's huge for me. If you like math, he's your guy.

11/21/2013
good
Math 150 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Best math teacher ever. Coolest guy you'll meet. I've never met a man with such a love for cats, but no ability to draw them. Take his class!

10/26/2013
good
MATH 150 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I loved math with Hersh! His lectures are concise and very understandable, and his classwork packet helps to get extra practice on the material. He's a fair grader and will give partial points if you at least try to work out the problem. Math seemed like a breeze when I took him for Calculus! I will definitely retake him if I have the opportunity.

09/25/2013
good
Math 127 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Best math teacher I have ever had- I had to retake this class (different teacher the first time) and was worried about how well I would do in his class- WOW. I ended up with a B+ in the class, coming from a D previously- I certainly credit him.

07/25/2013
good
Math-150 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Of all the math teachers I've had, he is by far one of the most helpful and understanding. He uses various methods to keep students interested, and the class really bonded well with each other and the teacher - which says a lot. He does a good job explaining the material and is honest about what you need to know and what is just "interesting."

05/14/2013
good
MATH100 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Pretty good teacher. A couple of short quizzes every week along with a little homework each night on Aleks. If you show you know the material, he wont mark you down for missing assignments online. Overall great teacher. If you want a good grade and to actually learn something, I recommend taking his class.

01/08/2013
good
Math130 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

He assigns homework but it does not count against you if you don't do it. Also on tests and quizzes even if you end up with the wrong answer but understand the concept he still gives most of the points. Overall he is a great teacher and actually made me enjoy calculus

12/03/2012
good
Math130 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Great teacher! I hated math before taking his calculus 1 class, and now I really understand and like it! Take this teacher if you have the chance!

05/29/2012
MATH100 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

I didnt' like him. He doesn't go step by step in a problem because he expects you to already know the stuff. He also comes off cocking and annoying. The only good thing I can honestly say about him is that he doesn't assign that much homework.

05/14/2012
good
Math100 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

I hated math all my life. Jared provides packets for the lectures which provides clarity. his daily quizzes test you on the hw. Showing him respect and asking for help when you need it are essential. Don't be afraid to ask questions. I got the first A in Math because of him, I strongly recommend Jared Hersh.

04/26/2012
good
Math110 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

I took Jared for LC 110/120. I hated math and always had but he made my transition to college easier. It is a hard class and requires hard work but if your willing to do homework daily, daily quizzes and study, you will do well. Hard work pays off! Take him. I never missed a class because I wanted to learn( and he covers around 3 sections per day)

12/03/2011
good
MATH160 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I had Hersh for Math 160 a couple of years ago and he is easily one of the best math professors I have ever had. I have since transferred to UCLA and taken at least 5 more math classes and still haven't found a teacher who was as clear, helpful, and enthusiastic as Hersh. Really wonderful teacher!

09/15/2011
good
MATH130 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

One of the best math teachers I have ever had. He loves his job and will help you with your questions. Its a math class make sure to do all the homework on time!

05/19/2011
good
MATH130 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Jared is a fun professor and the layout of his lecture notes are very helpful and make it so much easier to just get right into the topic.

04/20/2011
good
math100 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

very good teacher great outlines of lectures..goes step by step to help you understand each problem naturally!