in Broward College (all campuses) that teach Computer Science Edit
at Broward College (all campuses), Fort Lauderdale, FL
are you Joseph Metts?

05/13/2014
good
CGS1060 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: A

Very cool teacher, interested in what you have to say. Makes participating in class very fun and easy. I loved the final for his class. Take him!. I took the 6 week course blended.

05/07/2014
good
CGS1060c Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: A

Class took 6 weeks, blended: 1 day a week in class, work was to be done online on D2L. Super easy class, if you do the training modules. SamAccesCode2013 required! Mr. Metts is very approachable, and always offers help. He's very generous with letting you make up work. I didn't use the book and passed with 100% by using the SAM training alone.

02/13/2014
good
ISM 3432 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Metts is a great professor. He is super laid back and friendly. I had him for 2 classes at the same time, both were accelerated classes (only 8 weeks). The classes were software QA and network security. The material was challenging in both classes, but his style of teaching made it fun to learn. He really knows what he's talking about.

12/20/2013
good
cgs1060c Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Greatest teacher! He helps so much in class! Gives feed back. I hate computers but his teaching made it fun & interesting doing his projects on SAM. Just buy the SAM code . No need for a book .

12/12/2012
good
cgs1060 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

He is a great teacher. He cares. He'll review. He helps. Even during test if needed. Down to earth and extremely easy to talk too. The only thing is his voice. It can get monotone so make sure your self motivated everyday. Outside of that one thing great teacher. OOO YEAAAA, "GET.... THE.... BOOK"

06/26/2012
good
cgs1060 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Great Teacher, very helpful, and definately an easy class. I highly Recomment Mr. Metts

06/20/2012
good

MR. METTS IS VERY HELPFUL AND WILL TELL YOU HOW TO GET YOUR WORD DONE THE PROPER WAY. HE WANTS YOU TO SHOW THAT YOU ARE MAKING AN EFFORT THE REST IS HISTORY.HE WILL ACCCEPT LATE ASSIGNMENTS FROM YOU .HES ONE THE NICEST TEACHER THERES AT BROWARD COLLEGE WHEN IT COME TO (CGS1060)TAKE MY WORD FOR IT EASY A

07/19/2011
good
CGS1060 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

This Prof. is great! I took an online class with him and everything was extremely easy. He gives you plenty of extra credits so you can do good in the class, very laid back and very easy to get an "A" if you do the assignment! I recommend it!

06/10/2011
good
CGS020 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

my dawg!! yall know yall frontin on mr. metts cuz he was on point with everything when it came to homework, projects, in class assignments, and especially the notes. keep it up mr. metts!!!

04/25/2011
componli Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Read the previous comments, unfortunately they are all true.

12/18/2010
CGS1060 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

I would not recommend this professor to anyone. Like all the other comments said before, he does not respond to email, and he waits till the last minute to grade for work. I got an C in the class,but I deserved a B. I am not even sure if he graded all my work. Work computer prof at that school.

12/17/2010
cgs1060 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

I took this class online due to the previous comments on the site. never again am i doing that! Ive never seen so many 100's on my work but in the end, I end up with a C. doesnt answer your email, always have some type of excuse. he still didnt grade work so i know im suppose to have a B. i know there have to be better profs. then him

12/17/2010

This man doesnt reply to any messages, he takes forever to grade the assignments, you never know your grade in the class, it was the worst online class i have taken, with hard work i earn an C in the class.

12/14/2010
cgs1060 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Tomorrow will be the due date to inform the grades to the office in BC and we do not know yet how we did in his class. I do not know why he does that. We are worry and desappointed. All professors gave us our grades but Prof. Metts does not care about us.

12/13/2010
cgs1060 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Do you want a terrible headache? The professor does not reply any email. He does not care about the students at all. He gives us 4 projects, 7 discussions, 10 homeworks, 1 research paper and tricky midterm and final. You will take the final without any clue about which grade you need to earn because he does not give you your grades.

12/10/2010
cgs1060 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I have no idea how I am doing in his course. I am completly lost. No answer from him.

11/01/2010
cgs106 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

this is the worst online class i have ever taken in my life

10/19/2010

I wish these negative reviews were here before I switched from another teacher to him. This is the worst professor I have ever had in my entire life. No communication at all & hard quizzes on material not even in the book that make up 60% of your grade. I never thought a intro computer class would be like this. he better curve everyone's grade...

10/17/2010
CGS1060 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I am disappointed. This class should be an interesting class, but it isn't at all. We have to study very long chapters without any clue about what is really important to learn for the quizzes. One research paper, alot of writings that does not help us for the quizzes.

10/16/2010
CGS1060 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I have been in his online class for 3 months. This class is a nightmare. He does not reply e-mails. He just gives us a lot of homework asking us to write paragraphs. There is a research paper (4-5 pages) We have no clue about the midterm and final quizzes. He give us 30 min to answer more than 30 tricky questions in the midterm exam. Terrible!!!