in Saint Paul College that teach Computer Science Edit
at Saint Paul College, St. Paul, MN
are you Darren Pearson?

07/07/2014
good
DGIM 2560 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: A

I don’t know where the negative comments come from. Darren is an educated. He wants you to succeed. He cares about the students. He sets the groundwork for what the workforce will expect from us. He is keen to keep up with the future of design and encourage us to stay relevant, too. Darren allows us to use our interests for projects.

07/07/2014
good
DGIM 2520 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

He puts academics first. He will always help the students that are helping themselves. Darren is fair in his grading. He wants you to succeed. Darren sets the groundwork for what the workforce will expect from us. He is keen to keep the program relevant. He encourages us to use our creativity and passions for projects.

06/17/2014
good
2521 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Darren is an excellent professor who creates assignments that challenge students. I had 5 classes with him & he was always ready to give extra help to anyone who would ask. His goal is student success. DGIM 2521 was a new class with new software so there was no textbook. Darren generated all class materials & we had fun, interesting assignments.

05/15/2014
good
DGIM 2520 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: A

I have had Darren as an instructor for many classes. He was an excellent professor each and every time. He has a vast and growing knowledge for the course subjects. His passion and knowledge for the lessons were inspiring and contagious. He went above and beyond the call of duty for his students. I highly recommend any courses taught by Darren.

08/30/2013
good
DGIM2587 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: B

Very good teacher he actually cares if you do well in his class unlike some instructors. Very easy to get in contact with him outside of class if needed aswell.

05/11/2013
good
DGIM2520 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Darren inspired me to go farther and be confident in my decisions. He allowed creative freedom with all assignments. I highly recommend him as a teacher.

05/06/2013
good
dgim 2520 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Darren is very help-full. Very clear and easy to understand. He is laid back and very organized with his classes. He helps people with problems in class and out of class. He is also very concerned with how you do after your classes are over. I have taken about 7 of his classes and highly recommend him as a teacher.

08/15/2012
good
DGIM0000 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Darren is an amazing teacher in absolutely all respects. His classes are quite captivating and the content is very useful and informative. He has always been extremely helpful when I have questions, even when they are about classes that he doesn't teach! Overall, I highly recommend Mr. Pearson because he really cares about his students. Fantastic!

08/13/2012
good
dgim2560 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Darren is a great teacher. His classes are engaging and easy to follow. He knew what he was talking about and was available to help out even after class. I would go to spc all over again just to take his classes.

07/09/2012
good
DGIM2560 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Great teacher - knows his topics well and is very helpful. Would recommend his classes to anyone interested in graphics (even non-majors). I have taken 5 of his classes and not been disappointed.

06/26/2012
good

I don't agree with the harsh comments towards Darren. He always helps his students, he knows web development and is very smart regarding the material he teaches. Take it from a former student: he knows his stuff. I would highly recommend his classes to anyone.

01/12/2012
good
DGIM1443 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I really don't know what the negative comments are from because this guy is very helpful! He always made sure everyone was caught up and understood, as the class I took had a wide variety of computer skills. He even makes sure to write on the board as he thinks people remember things better rather then using a powerpoint.

01/04/2010
good
CSCI1450 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Darren is a very good guy who will help any student who requests it. He is thorough in his teaching and if you like Computer Science he will teach you many tricks to make learning fun. He is not a hard grader but doesn't allow slackers.

11/16/2009
good
DGIM2586 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Darren is by far the best teacher I've ever had. More than willing to stay after class, and he is always happy to answer questions. The bad reviewers must be confused with LeRoy Chandler, because Darren is the best.

08/28/2009
good
CSCI2475 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Wow, I can't believe the harsh comments about this guy! He wasn't THAT bad! You want a bad instructor, try taking a class with LeRoy Chandler (also at SPC). Makes Pearson look like Einstein!

09/09/2008
csciweb Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Well here I am taking a web class from a guy who has never even built a website by himself. I should have read the other comments here. I am dropping this class and filing a complaint. The school shouldn't assign a prof who doesn't know the material. We are only talking HTML here.

08/02/2008
Csci2442 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

This professor was not qualified to teach this course. He simply outlined the textbook and presented the material on the board in class. I think the college will refund tuition if it is pointed out the course was taught poorly by an unqualified instructor. He seems like kind of a burn-out. I think I will also go to another college.

07/22/2008
cist2 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

It is because of this teacher that I changed schools. If this institution has instructors like this, they don;t need my money. He didn;t know the subject matter at all, read directly from the text in class, and couldn't answer even half of the questions posed by students. To add real insult to injury, he gave everyone the impression that he knew wh