Darren Pearson at Saint Paul College

Number of ratings 14 / Average Grade:  B Submit a correction

8/30/13

DGIM2587

Grade ReceivedB

Very good teacher he actually cares if you do well in his class unlike some instructors. Very easy to get in contact with him outside of class if needed aswell.

5/11/13

DGIM2520

Darren inspired me to go farther and be confident in my decisions. He allowed creative freedom with all assignments. I highly recommend him as a teacher.

5/6/13

dgim 2520

Darren is very help-full. Very clear and easy to understand. He is laid back and very organized with his classes. He helps people with problems in class and out of class. He is also very concerned with how you do after your classes are over. I have taken about 7 of his classes and highly recommend him as a teacher.

8/15/12

DGIM0000

Darren is an amazing teacher in absolutely all respects. His classes are quite captivating and the content is very useful and informative. He has always been extremely helpful when I have questions, even when they are about classes that he doesn't teach! Overall, I highly recommend Mr. Pearson because he really cares about his students. Fantastic!

8/13/12

dgim2560

Darren is a great teacher. His classes are engaging and easy to follow. He knew what he was talking about and was available to help out even after class. I would go to spc all over again just to take his classes.

7/9/12

DGIM2560

Great teacher - knows his topics well and is very helpful. Would recommend his classes to anyone interested in graphics (even non-majors). I have taken 5 of his classes and not been disappointed.

6/26/12

DGIM2560

I don't agree with the harsh comments towards Darren. He always helps his students, he knows web development and is very smart regarding the material he teaches. Take it from a former student: he knows his stuff. I would highly recommend his classes to anyone.

1/12/12

DGIM1443

I really don't know what the negative comments are from because this guy is very helpful! He always made sure everyone was caught up and understood, as the class I took had a wide variety of computer skills. He even makes sure to write on the board as he thinks people remember things better rather then using a powerpoint.

1/4/10

CSCI1450

Darren is a very good guy who will help any student who requests it. He is thorough in his teaching and if you like Computer Science he will teach you many tricks to make learning fun. He is not a hard grader but doesn't allow slackers.

11/16/09

DGIM2586

Darren is by far the best teacher I've ever had. More than willing to stay after class, and he is always happy to answer questions. The bad reviewers must be confused with LeRoy Chandler, because Darren is the best.

8/28/09

CSCI2475

Wow, I can't believe the harsh comments about this guy! He wasn't THAT bad! You want a bad instructor, try taking a class with LeRoy Chandler (also at SPC). Makes Pearson look like Einstein!

9/9/08

csciweb

Well here I am taking a web class from a guy who has never even built a website by himself. I should have read the other comments here. I am dropping this class and filing a complaint. The school shouldn't assign a prof who doesn't know the material. We are only talking HTML here.

8/2/08

Csci2442

This professor was not qualified to teach this course. He simply outlined the textbook and presented the material on the board in class. I think the college will refund tuition if it is pointed out the course was taught poorly by an unqualified instructor. He seems like kind of a burn-out. I think I will also go to another college.

7/22/08

cist2

It is because of this teacher that I changed schools. If this institution has instructors like this, they don;t need my money. He didn;t know the subject matter at all, read directly from the text in class, and couldn't answer even half of the questions posed by students. To add real insult to injury, he gave everyone the impression that he knew wh

More Computer Science professors at Saint Paul College