in University of Pittsburgh that teach Mathematics Edit
Christopher Lennard
at University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA
are you Christopher Lennard?
A+

04/09/2014
good
MATH 0235 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: A+

The best lecturer I've had. He is hilarious and a great guy. I looked forward to his lectures every day and always left feeling enlightened. It is a unique, difficult class; it is taught entirely through proofs, going into all the theory of calc 1 and 2 you could ever want. He is a very fair grader, however, and wants you to do well.

12/19/2013
good
Math 0235 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Pr. Lennard may very well be the best professor I have at Pitt. Probably the best teacher I will ever have. Every time I left his class I felt enlightened; I would go so far as to say his class completely changed my outlook on the subject in a positive way. The class is tough but if you do the homework you will be able to succeed.

04/03/2013
good
MATH 0235 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

By far the best and most interesting teacher I have ever had. He wants you to succeed and is very helpful and encouraging one on one. Lectures were kept interesting by his math jokes and creation of and naming of symbols for lots of theorems. Recitations were extremely helpful. DO THE HOMEWORK. Tests are almost exactly the same as the homework

10/25/2012
good
MATH0235 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

He's the best professor you'll have! He's funny all the time. Aussie <3 He's pretty easy to follow if you pay attention. The exams are exactly the same as the homework so DO THE HOMEWORK. Don't wait until the very end because the homework is pretty challenging. Do the homework and you will...starts with P and ends with DONKEY... Right, PASS.

10/02/2012
good
Math0235 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I would highly recommend this class for math majors or anyone looking for a more in-depth treatment of calc. Yes, it is hard, but he does give generous extra credit on tests and it is a very rewarding class. I thought he was a fantastic lecturer and he is very helpful in office hours.

06/20/2012
calc0235 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

1.you do not learn the things you'd learn in regular calc I and II 2.passionate, nice, enthusiastic 3.smart man, and good at explaining things one on one 4.lectures weren't too good, because it's easy to get lost, and once you do, you can't catch back up (this material has to be learnt at your own pace). people just go to lecture to get the notes

01/19/2012
MATH0235 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Leannard's Honors Calc I class was extremely difficult and required A LOT of outside of class work and time. If you will put forth the effort, the class is worth it. If not you'll either fail or end up withdrawing

01/04/2012
good

Take a class by Chris Lennard! He makes class interesting by telling jokes you'll roll your eyes at by the end of the semester, jumping around the classroom and learning students' names. Attending reciation will test your discipline, and homework is difficult, but exams are not too difficult if you study. Stick with it - half the class dropped out.

12/20/2011
good

Excellent professor, extremely clear in lecture, gives a very fair grade. The class is a lot of work but is very worthwhile. You learn a lot and will enjoy doing so. There is ample opportunity for extra credit on his exams (24% of each exam is bonus credit). Best professor I have ever had. I recommend this class to anyone interested in math.

03/23/2011
good
MATH0235 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

By far the best professor I have ever had. Every class I came out feeling enlightened. I attended class not because I had to but because I wanted to. His exams are slightly hard but he gives choices which allows you to choose one of two options for each of the two problems. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!