in Minneapolis Community and Technical College that teach English Edit

08/27/2014
English 1110 21 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: B

She made us sit in class when I could have done this stuff at home

05/29/2014
COS126 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: A+

Not cool. Avoid at all costs.

04/03/2014
good
English 1111 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: A+

One of the best English Prof I have ever had, she is REAL.

11/26/2013
good
engl 1110 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: A

I admire Shannon for having topics worth discussing.

05/21/2013
good
ENGL 2215 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Shannon was awesome! Super helpful and insightful. Don't take this class if you're not into reading critically and writing. Heavy work load, but totally worth it!

05/21/2013
good
English 2215 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

The Intro to Fiction Writing course I took with this teacher gave me a lot of insight on how I write my stories as well as introduced different kinds of genres written by other students. She introduced many different types of authors to give us a sense of pace and writing style to draw inspiration from. Overall, great class.

05/19/2013
good
Eng1111 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

She is awesome, if you like to learn, read and write take this course. She is very flexible and understands you have homework in other classes. You can miss class as long as you do extra credit to make up for class points that you could miss. As long as you read you will do well. DONT fall behind in homework. She doesn't dock you for lateness...:)

01/15/2013
good
jour1000 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

She is very helpful and willing to be flexible with your schedule. Course was very easy as long as you actually did your work. She is very open about her own beliefs and WILL share them with you. Turn your work in on time and she'll love you.

12/14/2012
good
JOUR1000 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Mass Comm is a fantastic class to fill your Art requirement. Gibney leads some great discussions and is pretty loose when it comes to deadlines.

12/13/2012
good
JOUR1000 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

This was a great course, Gibney was awesome. Always there to help students, and teaching methods keep everything fresh and exciting.

10/31/2012
good
jour1000 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Overall a good class. She is a good teacher and the class was fun. I did get the feeling she didn’t like me but did not grade me based on that. She very helpful likes what she teaches and cares about the students. She is opinionated based the other reviews has become more open minded. Takes forever to grade assignments that is my only complaint.

12/05/2011
ENGL1110 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

She can fall behind but she is always giving updates on how the class will go. you are allowed three days of absence. Pretty easy going with lots of videos.

12/02/2011
good
ENGL1110 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

She is a great teacher, and although she really likes to focus on racial prejudice in books, but that is okay, because she really enjoys that and at the same time I learned about English. She is really intelligent and aware and offers A LOT of extra credit!

07/14/2011
ENGL2213 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

I just finished an intro to creative writing course online with this teacher. I have taken other online courses, this was the worst. She did not teach at all, just gave us readings. Its an intro course but the workload & expectations were way higher than necessary. Take the course with her if you already creatively write, not to learn how.

01/16/2009
good
Eng1110 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

She was awesome and such a cutie!

01/16/2009
good
ENGL1110 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

She was the best teacher I ever had! Absolutely brilliant, and also kind and caring. I highly recommend her to anyone who is looking to really improve their writing skills. I think that the only people who didn't like her were not very open-minded, and did not want to put the work in.

08/19/2008
ENGL1110 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I agree she talked about racism and diversity way too much. I thought I was taking english, not racism 101. It irritated me because I really like english, but I felt like I learned way more about english in HS classes than in this one because all she talked about was racism, barely anything to do with improving writing. The class was super easy tho

05/07/2008
ENGL010 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

She talks a lot about ethnic and racism but less about English. I felt like I had to agree with what she saying or else she singled me out. For one of my papers, she bashed me out and ripped me a new one. Lots of homework for an online class. I would not recommend her. I'm sure she's a great person, I feel that she needs to be more open minded too

04/15/2008
good
ENGL1110 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

She is very intelligent and very caring. Yes, she's opinionated and talks about diversity, but why is that bad? I am better at writing papers after taking the class, and for the record, the homework is definitely doable, no more than average.

03/25/2008
ENGL1110 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

DO NOT take this class with her. First of all I had more homework in this class than my other 3 classes combined. Second off this is not an English class, it's basicly just a way for her to stand on a soap box and preach about racial inequality.