in Ohio University that teach Journalism Edit
at Ohio University, Athens, OH
are you Mark Tatge?

11/07/2011
good
JOUR439 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Sorry to see Tatge go. His biz journalism class was awesome. Nothing else like it here and that's too bad.

10/28/2011
good
Jour233 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Best prof. I ever had. Best class at Scripps. Sorry to see him leave. Student who posted about J231 must be smoking Crack (probably one of our PR students - they are as dumb as rocks). Tatge didn't teach the j231. I wish he had. He is awesome

09/06/2011
good
JOUR416 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I had Prof. Tatge for Economics Reporting and tried to sign up for his business reporting class this coming year only to learn that he had left Scripps. He will be sorely missed. He was one of the best teachers I had at OU - I am very disappointed that they didn't fight to keep him here at Scripps.

05/27/2011
good
JJ Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

If you are serious about becoming a journalist, then you should take Tatge's classes. If you are just trying to get by and get your degree, than don't bother. He is the real deal.You learn a lot and he does not cut breaks. Let's be honest, you don't really get breaks in the journalism world so take it seriously.

02/24/2011
JOUR233 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

You know, I think it might be more helpful to have Tatge for a higher level class, because he really has no sympathy for Journalism beginners. My info-gathering class started off with 60 and now it's down to around 40. He's a very tough grader and is difficult to approach. Seems to make up silly rules for students he doesn't care for.

02/01/2011
Jour233 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Tatge has tons of experience and knows his stuff, but he was a pain in the butt to deal with. He said you could stop by office hours for help but when I did he was very vague. He also forgot to add one of my projects into my grade and claimed it was my fault, lowering my grade from a B to a C+.

11/19/2010
good
JOUR411 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Tatge is a really nice guy, but this a very hard course. I worked my butt off for a B. You must go to class and read the book! The tests are hard even if you study. The only downside is he really rushes through the material, probably because there's so much. This class will be better when OU's on semesters.

11/13/2010
good
Jour233 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Great class. Great professor. I felt like a real reporter. Assignments challenging, but I was never bored.

11/03/2010
JOUR233 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Tatge's class is relatively easy if you do the assignments and is helpful if you approach him in person, but he is a prick. He is very biased and thinks he's hot sh*t because he worked at Forbes. He uses worse grammar than my stoner advertising teacher.

07/06/2010
good
Jour430 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Tatge knows his stuff. But some students expected things to be handed to them which didn't make any sense and caused a lot of awkward moments in class.