Mark Tatge at Ohio University

Mark Tatge

Number of ratings 25 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

11/7/11

JOUR439

Sorry to see Tatge go. His biz journalism class was awesome. Nothing else like it here and that's too bad.

10/28/11

Jour233

Best prof. I ever had. Best class at Scripps. Sorry to see him leave. Student who posted about J231 must be smoking Crack (probably one of our PR students - they are as dumb as rocks). Tatge didn't teach the j231. I wish he had. He is awesome

9/6/11

JOUR416

I had Prof. Tatge for Economics Reporting and tried to sign up for his business reporting class this coming year only to learn that he had left Scripps. He will be sorely missed. He was one of the best teachers I had at OU - I am very disappointed that they didn't fight to keep him here at Scripps.

5/27/11

JJ

If you are serious about becoming a journalist, then you should take Tatge's classes. If you are just trying to get by and get your degree, than don't bother. He is the real deal.You learn a lot and he does not cut breaks. Let's be honest, you don't really get breaks in the journalism world so take it seriously.

2/24/11

JOUR233

You know, I think it might be more helpful to have Tatge for a higher level class, because he really has no sympathy for Journalism beginners. My info-gathering class started off with 60 and now it's down to around 40. He's a very tough grader and is difficult to approach. Seems to make up silly rules for students he doesn't care for.

2/1/11

Jour233

Tatge has tons of experience and knows his stuff, but he was a pain in the butt to deal with. He said you could stop by office hours for help but when I did he was very vague. He also forgot to add one of my projects into my grade and claimed it was my fault, lowering my grade from a B to a C+.

11/19/10

JOUR411

Tatge is a really nice guy, but this a very hard course. I worked my butt off for a B. You must go to class and read the book! The tests are hard even if you study. The only downside is he really rushes through the material, probably because there's so much. This class will be better when OU's on semesters.

11/13/10

Jour233

Great class. Great professor. I felt like a real reporter. Assignments challenging, but I was never bored.

11/3/10

JOUR233

Tatge's class is relatively easy if you do the assignments and is helpful if you approach him in person, but he is a prick. He is very biased and thinks he's hot sh*t because he worked at Forbes. He uses worse grammar than my stoner advertising teacher.

7/6/10

Jour430

Tatge knows his stuff. But some students expected things to be handed to them which didn't make any sense and caused a lot of awkward moments in class.

7/6/10

Jour430

Assignments were challenging, but fun. It was great to go and learn how other magazines work. Tatge is very smart. He knows what he is talking about.

6/25/10

Jour430

Tatge is the best professor at Scripps. He makes you work hard, but I feel I learned more in his class than anything I have taken so far. Under that gruff exterior is a nice guy who really knows his stuff.

3/18/10

Jour441J

A lot of people will give bad reviews to Professor Tatge because this class was very difficult and he tells it like it is. People who say otherwise are used to being spoon fed their grade and coasting through courses. I won't get as high a grade, but I never learned this much before.

2/7/10

Jour441

This professor is ridiculously hard. He doesn't give As and thinks a C is a good grade. He is funny but it doesn't make up for how hard he grades. He will crush your dreams about magazine writing. Enjoy.

10/26/09

jour233

This is a hard class the assignments take a while to do. He is a fair grader and very approachable. Attendence is madatory but class is fairly interesting.

10/25/09

JOUR233

This class made me feel like a reporter, going to the court house and searching for documents online. Meet him after class - he will remember you and it may come in handy later on. I respect him as a teacher and as an individual. Take this class! You'll learn a lot. He has great stories too.

9/7/09

JOUR233

Really easy class. Assignments are tedious, but easy. But Tatge is a real jerk. I missed class twice, once with a valid excuse passed by him, the other was the last day and I overslept. He wouldn't let me turn in the last two assignments because he said I was rarely in class and rarely contributed. I ended up with a C+ when it shouldve been A-

2/13/09

Jour411

Even though the material could be boring, he made it more enjoyable with humor and videos. So glad I took this class with Tatge.

11/25/08

Jour411

Tatge has a good sense of humor and lots of practical experience dealing with media law. His funny stories made an otherwise dull class very enjoyable.I would highly recommend him to other students.

9/8/08

JOUR411

Thought I would hate this class, but I loved it. Tatge is a great - tough, but fair. I know he's a visiting prof, but I hope Scripps keeps him around. We need more teachers like this.

More Journalism professors at Ohio University