Veronica McKissic at Houston Community College (all campuses)

Veronica McKissic

Number of ratings 24 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

11/17/11

DEVREAD

2Cool,2Cool,2 Cool!Please teach more subjects. I need more teachers to bring it home otherwise I am zzzz after the first 5mins.

10/25/10

GUST1270

Great motivator,coach and of course professor.Sometimes an assigned course is the greatest class! She is straight.She has a failure proof buddy system.She urges a chapter a week&quiz.Best part,she gives you notes, she plays relatable videos.The class makes learning exciting again.She will probably jump the ladder of success fast so grab her NOW

4/29/10

GUST1270

If you like an active class. You will love this lady. She appears difficult but she cares for her students alot. She makes EVERYONE helps everyone. If you are looking for a reason to fail do not waste your classmates time.

12/12/09

GUST1270

From day one you know what to expect. When you realize that this is college and not an extension of high school you will enjoy the class. Be sure to read, be prepared for class discussions and don't expect her to hold your hand and baby you throughout the semester. Group projects aren't bad, but you see that you have to work with "special" folk!

11/2/09

GUST1270

i had a problem having to take the class to begin with but after i let that go. I started actively "doing" the book as she saids and I am having a good time. 1 problem-2 group assignments. I hate lazy crybabys in my group. other than that just try-you'll get it.

7/30/09

gust0312

AT FIRST YOU THINK THIS IS THE EASIEST CLASS, BUT THEN YOU REALIZE IS A LITTLE HARDER THAN U THINK.. BUT AT THE END U END UP KNOWING HOW MUCH U CAN PUSH URSLEF OF GETTING THING RIGHT

7/8/09

GUST1270

To each its own. I loved every minute of this class! I wish she more consider teaching more classes. Hint, Hint, if you ever read this Ms. Mack!

5/25/09

GUST1270

I freaking love the lady! I'll use this info forever!

5/23/09

gust1270

I Love her! I could've pushed for the A but I (l)earned a strong B. Do your work or dont complain about failing. She'll give you a free push not pass. The class is easy to catch and fun if you are a naturally chilled person like me.

2/11/09

GUST1270

She taught extra little tips that might PO a hungover freshman. Our whole class became good friends as we completed those mandatory networking assignments. Every semester afterwards I laughed when I realized I am actually using her tips but I never complained. I just did what I had to do to graduate and somehow I learned something from her. This is

1/22/09

gust1301

She was very helpful. Gets to the point very understanding.

12/25/08

GUST1270

She is a get of your seat, not monotone teacher. 99% of our class loved her-I can?t speak for those who should not be in college in the first place. My first college course & OMGhow lazy some people are. I think because she looks like brainy cutesy college girl people want to get over-ya know?

10/9/08

ENGL1270

One the first day of class. Ms. Macks told one angry ful.You think all professors are what?. Fine,for one semester I'll be yo ___ but you will pass my class! I knew she was straight up from that moment on. Its real easy. Everybody who tries to do something passes. Don't play yo self with excuses!

GUST1270

2ndclass with MACK-KEEZZZZ!1stday of class, she asked us what do we expected of her.We LOL&gave her30ruleslike we expect you to be hear,we expect you to dress nice,we expect to learn something new,2have fun,&1free meal. She calmy said&I expect the same things from you all. Everytime an issue came up she would read1ofOUR rules.NJOY MACKNCHEEZ!

Gust0170

If you are looking for a person to baby you.U R not ready4 this class. I am lazy but she told us I could give you all A's but will suffer l8r.So please do not always search for the easy teachers. I think its like U are admiting that U have a very low self esteem. Also I made BFF friends in her class and we still ask McKissic for advice.GREAT LADY

GUST1270

yo business? If the answer is yes McKissic is NOT the one. She is by the book but she cares. She gave us all the information we needed before each test and some people got mad because they would fail all of them! She expected us to act like college students. On the other hand, of all my professors SHE supported my family through an unexpected death

9/3/08

gust1270

Everything is on line so if you donot like online classes this class will not be right for you.Do not spend your money on the book will not use it much. Be there on time or don't bother going to class. Always try to turn your work on time. Very demanding and doesn't teach much. Good luck if you choose her.

7/23/08

GUST0170

Thank God a professor who doesn't allow others to smooch their way to an "A"! McKissic is an awesome professor! I had two kids in high school and a married on the rocks-she looked at me face to face and basically told me it was time to let go of the excuses and find solutions to my situations. She helps you if you help YOurself&Go to class on time!

4/30/08

GUST1270

Do you work! Dont be afraid to work with others..best "A" you will ever earn. She is "thinker". We were never ever bored ever in this class! She does not allow people to piggy back off one another. I love & would take 100 more classes with her. She knows her stuff!

4/24/08

GUST1270

I love Ms. M! She will help you a lot IF you help yourself. She is not one for self pity! I have a couple classmates that do nothing & she has creatively found a way to allow them to sink themselves. When we do group (which she encourages)-I hate being the only person working so I appreciate any professor who is not afraid to confront the lazy crew

More English professors at Houston Community College (all campuses)