in Wright State University that teach English Edit
Andrew Strombeck
at Wright State University, Dayton, OH
are you Andrew Strombeck?

03/19/2014
good
ENG 3050 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: A

Whoever said he was insanely gorgeous was right!! He's a very good teacher and his feedback on essays is super helpful. By the end of the year he said my writing "sparkled" -- & I am definitely a better writer for taking this class!

04/19/2013
good
ENG 3060 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

He is tough. He has high expectations, especially when it comes to essays. He can be a little frustrating, but it is worth the challenge in the end. He gives TONS of feedback on papers and is always available to talk. He is a very nice guy and is so obviously passionate about his field. He's pretty quirky and funny. If you're motivated, take him.

12/10/2012
good
ENG3060 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Best prof I've had at WSU. Excited about the texts, funny, challenging (in a good way). Will definitely take another class with him!

07/13/2012
good
ENG357 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I took a second class with Dr. Strombeck and was incredibly sad when the quarter ended. He is brilliant, passionate about the material, and, oh, did I mention brilliant? His insights into texts make it impossible to do anything but fall in love with the texts. He's enthusiastic and inclusive and I absolutely love his classes!

05/31/2012
good

His class is no walk in the park. He is a tough grader. BUT he is passionate about the material, and if you are too, you'll do fine. Plus, it doesn't hurt that HE IS INSANELY GORGEOUS!

01/18/2012
good
ENG204 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I learned so much in this class!! He really opens your mind to a more optimistic view on a wide variety of topics, even when I entered the class slightly opinionated. He always has a sense of humor about the literature; not to mention he's pretty good looking, making the class that much more interesting. :)

09/22/2011
good
ENG301 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Strombeck knows what he's talking about. Pretty good feedback on papers, a decent grader, not too tough not to easy. Sometimes the questions that he asks are slightly vague or incredibly murky, making them hard to answer. Something I noticed, when he's thinking about what he's going to write on the board he clicks his tongue, :P.

08/20/2011
good

If passion for the material were a criteria, Dr. Strombeck would score an 8 out 5. He is enthusiastic, approachable, and encourages thoughtful discussion. He made taking a gateway course over SUMMER term interesting and manageable. Still, one must WORK for an "A;" it is not a foregone conclusion. (Which makes that "A" all the more satisfying.)

07/06/2011
good
Eng301 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Excellent teacher, interesting lectures. Really really hard grader, you have to work for an A in his class for sure.

03/20/2011
good

I enjoyed this class in the beginning until I received my first grade from him -- a C. English is easy for me. He's too hard of a grader to be a general education class. It should have been an easy A.