Karol-Sue Reddington at College of DuPage

Karol-Sue Reddington

Number of ratings 15 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

12/21/11

Piano100

Music is very difficult to learn&teach.It's not to be looked as a random subject with an outline & guaranteed A. Music is not a concrete object where we can assume we "know" & we don't need to put in the effort, time,& even sacrifice to getting a true understanding. This class w. give you tools & guidance but you need to work & teach yourself too.

12/19/11

Music100

I like this professor, she teaches at a faster rate then most- but you learn a lot more then any other teacher because shes thorough. You cannot be lazy- expect to practice and study...and you'll be fine.

12/19/11

Music100

Just work hard, folks...she was helpful, but she expects you to work. I liked her...after the semester I got an A-. I did better then I thought.

Music100

You need to work hard, my friends! Do you think Mozart or Beethoven functioned on the piano practicing once a week or for one hour? To get a good grade, give your brain a chance to work on the piano! I've learned a great deal from Dr. Karol Sue Reddington. She is true & wants you to learn the material. I did well because of the work I put into it.

Music100

This professor can truly be your best friend, work hard, get your music together, and do practice- this helps with everything! YOU NEED TO BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE WORK YOU PRODUCE!Don't play the blame game and think taking a class is magic-the magic comes through you & what you do.This is what Dr. Reddington has tought me I'm so grateful. THANK YOU!

Music100

I am so grateful for this professor! She gives you a taste of reality of what all musicians go through, with training, learning, and being professional. I love her for that, because so many teachers only baby us & NOT TEACH US ANYTHING!This professor is the best of quality & thoroughness in training & preparing you!I wb taking all her classes! :)

Music100

I don't know what the fuss is about with those who give this professor a bad rating. She has taught me more about music then any other professor and teacher who have only wasted time on nonsense and stupidity. This professor is legit! I love her!Shes real and will teach you the very best!

Music100

Dr.Reddington is a wonderful professor, she is thorough,friendly, and expects you to perform as a student, she is helpful and wants the best from you. Work hard and do not be lazy. I did this and recieved a high grade. I give her two thumbs up. :)

9/13/11

MUS100

She is the smartest, best teacher ever in the entire world.

1/23/11

MUSIC2271

Dr. Reddington is a performer, above all. She should really not be teaching. For non-piano majors, who are the majority of her students, her curriculum is too rigorous and her expectations are too high. If you don't meet her wild standards, she just sighs, plants her hand in her face, and walks away without helping you. Difficult and intimidating.

1/20/11

Music1171

Talk about unreasonable. She expected way too much for a level 1 course! Some people in this class have never played piano before and she expected them to perform like her who has been playing for years. Completely unreasonable.

11/29/10

Music1171

She has completely unreasonable expectations and expects students to practice for hours a night like they don't have other lives. Her grading is unreasonable and if you don't do something her way, then it's the highway. Avoid her if possible.

5/9/10

Music1171

You will not like her if you are lazy, or are a music major who doesn't really care about piano. But, if you love and want to learn piano, she will help you learn it well, and at a faster pace than most other teachers.

2/25/09

Piano1

Don't take her class!

10/20/07

Piano2271

Oh man, it's been rough. Still in the class and the class as a whole can't wait for the semester's end...Very unclear and a bit ridiculous in expectations. We AREN'T piano majors, so our time should mostly be spent on OUR instruments...but she expects like 6+ hours a week out of class and it's a 1 credit course!!!

More Music professors at College of DuPage