Susan Silcott at Columbus State Community College

Susan Silcott

Number of ratings 13 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

3/21/13

COMM 1105

I thought she was a great teacher. I don't know why there are bad reviews. She gives back awesome reviews for every outline and speech done for her class. She answers any questions that I have emailed her in a timely manner. I took the class online. Easiest speech class I think I could have taken. Do the work and you get the points.

6/5/11

COMM105

Easily the most boring teacher of all time at Columbus State. Lectures directly from the book, and demands you pay for membership to a site so she can use the books grading/quizzes/everything. Gives no feedback on speeches. Might as well buy the book and read it yourself.

12/25/10

asc190

she was very nice, and helpful. i felt bad for her though cuz no one likes the asc classes.

12/11/09

Comm105

Not helpful at all. Returns emails three days later; mind you this is an online class. She was constantly changing the schedule-you had to double check with her all the time. She didn't know how to use the online program half the time. Not a good teacher at all; be prepared to teach yourself

12/5/09

COMM105

She's understanding when it comes to personal problems. The only problem I have with this teacher is that she doesn't comment on your assignments at all. She also doesn't realize that you're taking an ONLINE class. You don't have an audience to do your speech in front of.

11/18/09

COMM110

I took this class in 8 weeks instead of the regular 12. I liked it this way. If I had taken this class with this teacher for the full quarter I would not have made it through. She does not communicate well at all and never really tells you want she wants then takes points off when you do not do it the way she wants. Not a good communicator at all!

6/15/09

comm110

i took the online class unknowing that i would need an audience of 5 adults to do all speeches in front of or lose % of grade. this should have been mentioned before i took the ONLINE class. also didn't use the blackboard site, used another site that was difficult and unfamiliar to teacher. no return emails on her end.

3/15/09

comm121

I took this class fall quarter and be very careful when you decide what group you are going to be in. The reason I say this is because my group was horrible. She was a very good teacher though

2/12/09

comm105

This is the most confusing class I have ever taken. I am in her online class and she is very unclear as to what her expectations are. For example, the speech parameters/topic. The website is disorganized and if you email her you will likely not get a response for a week. Assignment due dates are also very unclear. I DO NOT RECCOMMEND THIS TEACHER

2/10/09

comm110

Susan does not do a very good job on helping the class to understand what she wants. The whole time I was in the class it was like a fake class with a fake interest and a lot of bs when you gave your speach, but that is what she wanted... very confusing. If you go to class you will get an A but beware if you do not like groups.

12/3/08

Comm110

She was an ok teacher. It was very wasy and somewhat intersting. But she is not very clear about she wants out of asignments and projects. She is organized but jumps around from one thing to another.

3/19/08

comm115

Easy class and interesting

10/21/07

com105

WOW! I cannot believe Ms. Silcott is not on here. We as a class had so much fun and honestly I still have relationships with most of them. It was a sad day when class ended and yeah I am talking about a speech class! She ROCKS

More Communication professors at Columbus State Community College