in Pennsylvania State University that teach Communication Edit
Michelle Rodino-Colocino
Professor in the Communication department
at Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA
are you Michelle Rodino-Colocino?

03/08/2014
good
Journalism 101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: A-

Kinda hard

01/11/2014
Journal 200 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: A+

Terrible

01/07/2014
good
Comm 411 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: A-

This was probably the best class I've taken in my 3 years at PSU. The material was always interesting and the quizzes aren't hard at all. You can pretty much skim through the readings and the lecture is what the quizzes are mostly based on. Journal entries are relatively easy. I highly recommend this class!

12/12/2012
good
Comm411 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Michelle is incredible. She's so intelligent and really committed to the material she teaches. As a Comm student, I admire her. She's very down to earth. Class is easy because she knows her stuff and wants students to succeed.

03/27/2011
comm411 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

She is a great teacher. to do well on the exams read over the SA thoroughly. The class is not boring and she is a fun teacher over all. this class gives you that chance to learn about interesting things.

01/07/2011
good
COMM411H Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Michelle is awesome. She's chill, down to earth, passionate and fun. Her assignments are not all that hard at all and class is usually pretty interesting. I mean we watched There's Something About Mary one class and learned about**** during another part of the semester. It's an interesting class to say the least. I recommend it, and her, highly.

11/05/2008
good
COMM405 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Very relevant to what's going on now with politics and the economy...explains in class terms in the reading that you don't understand...gets class talking

08/21/2008
good
Comm411 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Michelle teaches an awesome class. Like the others I didn't know much about war, media and culture before class and after the class I often see what we study play out. She is very passionate about what she teaches but respects everyone in the class, even if you have a totally different viewpoint. She helped me outside of class plan for grad school

07/04/2008
good
comm411 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

good class--the prof kept us moving... wanted to see that everyone understood what was going on. i had some problems at the beginning of class but she was very helpful and told me how i could do better. sometimes my group was too small but we usually found other groups to join in... i would take this prof again.

05/15/2008
good
comm411 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

enjoyable class, learned a lot, actually liked going. r-c is passionate about the subjects. you have lots to work on & turn in. i agree that media and readings were interesting. very fair about grading. tried to help us do better at the end of the semester. take all the self assessments bc questions turn up on exams, sometimes the same or modified.

05/11/2008
good
Comm411 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Prof RC used a lot of media, which kept class interesting. Her energy for the class is contagious. I was amazed at some of the things we learned. You work hard, but do not notice it because the daily assessments end up on the exams. RC works hard and expects the same from you. Very helpful to meet with and cares about students. Shows gd films

05/04/2008
good

This class was one of the most challenging and rewarding of my college career. The professor discussed extremely important issues--like the relationship between military, media, and culture, and how so much media we see is influenced by military. I had no idea before but now I see it all over. Very fair. You'll work hard but its worth it. Take!

04/30/2008
COMM411 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

This class is called "Cultural Aspects of Media." I don't think she got that message. All she did was bable on about the iraq war and all of her crazy left wing liberal ideas. Tests were ridiculous. She was always un-prepared. Take it with any other professor offering this class.

01/13/2008
COMM205 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Don't take this class with her. Her tests are ridiculous, ton of reading, breast feeds in front of students, doesn't answer questions directly. She doesn't understand that students have other classes. It would have been easy if it was my only class but I have 12 other credits. Horrendous class. Take it but not with her.

12/30/2007
good
COMM205 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Prof R-C gave us really cool readings and showed us videos in class we could relate to. The hip hop video and hip hop days were interesting. But it was hard to figure out what was going to be on the test from the hip hop day.

12/27/2007
good
comm205 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

R-C kept class fun. i'm taking her class again. The first test was hard. she asks the same questins off the review sheet. overall class not so hard. knows her stuff and will talk to you forever in her office.

12/25/2007
Comm205 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

12/18/2007
Comm205 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

The journals we kept were easy, and being only a 200 level course, the class was supposed to be too. Not in this case considering the multiple choice test we had to take with 10 different answers to choose from for each question. Not to mention most of the answers weren't in any of our lectures. Terrible, terrible teaching.

12/15/2007
good
Comm205 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

My favorite class this semester. The prof made class fun and interesting. I want to work for the organization I studied for my project.

12/11/2007
Comm205 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A