Michelle Rodino-Colocino at Pennsylvania State University

Terrible

1/7/14

Comm 411

Grade ReceivedA-

This was probably the best class I've taken in my 3 years at PSU. The material was always interesting and the quizzes aren't hard at all. You can pretty much skim through the readings and the lecture is what the quizzes are mostly based on. Journal entries are relatively easy. I highly recommend this class!

12/12/12

Comm411

Michelle is incredible. She's so intelligent and really committed to the material she teaches. As a Comm student, I admire her. She's very down to earth. Class is easy because she knows her stuff and wants students to succeed.

3/27/11

comm411

She is a great teacher. to do well on the exams read over the SA thoroughly. The class is not boring and she is a fun teacher over all. this class gives you that chance to learn about interesting things.

1/7/11

COMM411H

Michelle is awesome. She's chill, down to earth, passionate and fun. Her assignments are not all that hard at all and class is usually pretty interesting. I mean we watched There's Something About Mary one class and learned about**** during another part of the semester. It's an interesting class to say the least. I recommend it, and her, highly.

11/5/08

COMM405

Very relevant to what's going on now with politics and the economy...explains in class terms in the reading that you don't understand...gets class talking

8/21/08

Comm411

Michelle teaches an awesome class. Like the others I didn't know much about war, media and culture before class and after the class I often see what we study play out. She is very passionate about what she teaches but respects everyone in the class, even if you have a totally different viewpoint. She helped me outside of class plan for grad school

7/4/08

comm411

good class--the prof kept us moving... wanted to see that everyone understood what was going on. i had some problems at the beginning of class but she was very helpful and told me how i could do better. sometimes my group was too small but we usually found other groups to join in... i would take this prof again.

5/15/08

comm411

enjoyable class, learned a lot, actually liked going. r-c is passionate about the subjects. you have lots to work on & turn in. i agree that media and readings were interesting. very fair about grading. tried to help us do better at the end of the semester. take all the self assessments bc questions turn up on exams, sometimes the same or modified.

5/11/08

Comm411

Prof RC used a lot of media, which kept class interesting. Her energy for the class is contagious. I was amazed at some of the things we learned. You work hard, but do not notice it because the daily assessments end up on the exams. RC works hard and expects the same from you. Very helpful to meet with and cares about students. Shows gd films

5/4/08

Comm411

This class was one of the most challenging and rewarding of my college career. The professor discussed extremely important issues--like the relationship between military, media, and culture, and how so much media we see is influenced by military. I had no idea before but now I see it all over. Very fair. You'll work hard but its worth it. Take!

4/30/08

COMM411

This class is called "Cultural Aspects of Media." I don't think she got that message. All she did was bable on about the iraq war and all of her crazy left wing liberal ideas. Tests were ridiculous. She was always un-prepared. Take it with any other professor offering this class.

1/13/08

COMM205

Don't take this class with her. Her tests are ridiculous, ton of reading, breast feeds in front of students, doesn't answer questions directly. She doesn't understand that students have other classes. It would have been easy if it was my only class but I have 12 other credits. Horrendous class. Take it but not with her.

12/30/07

COMM205

Prof R-C gave us really cool readings and showed us videos in class we could relate to. The hip hop video and hip hop days were interesting. But it was hard to figure out what was going to be on the test from the hip hop day.

12/27/07

comm205

R-C kept class fun. i'm taking her class again. The first test was hard. she asks the same questins off the review sheet. overall class not so hard. knows her stuff and will talk to you forever in her office.

12/25/07

12/18/07

Comm205

The journals we kept were easy, and being only a 200 level course, the class was supposed to be too. Not in this case considering the multiple choice test we had to take with 10 different answers to choose from for each question. Not to mention most of the answers weren't in any of our lectures. Terrible, terrible teaching.

12/15/07

Comm205

My favorite class this semester. The prof made class fun and interesting. I want to work for the organization I studied for my project.

12/11/07