in University of California Berkeley that teach American Studies Edit
at University of California Berkeley, Berkeley, CA
are you Michael Cohen?
D

09/09/2014
AS101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: D

I'm an engineering major, so I'm not used to my grades being based mostly on opinions. I can't believe a world class university really has professors that teach and grade with such outright political bias. He has a right to an opinion, but ruining my GPA because I disagree is just wrong.

01/27/2014
good
AMER ST 10 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

One of the most engaging and charismatic lecturers I've encountered. He blows my mind every time and I truly enjoy attending his class.

03/04/2013
good
AS 101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I took a couple of classes with Michael back in 08/09 and he was by far the most engaging professor while I was at CAL. Here I am years later, a professor myself and I came here to remember those who inspired me. He is also a wonderful advocate of student parents!!!

08/25/2012
good
AFAM128 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Excellent professor. I'm so glad I got to take one of his classes during my time at Cal.

02/15/2012
good
AC101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I took his WWII class my first semester at Cal, and could not be more grateful to have had the opportunity to work with him. He is by far the most magnificent orator I have yet encountered in a professor. He is approachable, and charismatic, and takes a sincere interest in his students.

02/06/2012
good
Afro142 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Amazing Professor.

01/18/2012
good
AS101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Professor Cohen is extremely intelligent and passionate about history and current social issues. His lectures are engaging and interesting, and he picked amazing books to read for his WWII class. The tests and assignments were very fair and he gives a lot of extra credit, so I think anyone who takes this class can get a good grade and learn a lot!

01/03/2012
good
AFAM119 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Great class, very interesting material. However, Cohen kind of crapped out in the last month of the semester. He seemed far more interested in the Occupy movement than our class. Classes were canceled and the final book- the best in the class- was never even discussed. We were given little feedback on the two papers that made up our grade.

11/10/2011
AmStd101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

The guy has charisma in the classroom, I will give him that. But he's also arrogant, doesn't allow for dissent, and uses his authority and classroom as a bully pulpit for his political views. I'd rather have a teacher than a preacher. Lectures also seemed to lack any coherent organization.

05/13/2011
good
Amstd101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I've taken multiple classes with him so far and every single one was interesting. Yes, he's opinionated and to some he may seem preachy, but his passion is what makes him so engaging. The readings are somewhat dull and necessary, but his lectures more than make up for them. He's extremely knowledgeable and very helpful during office hours.