Michael Cohen at University of California Berkeley

Michael Cohen

Number of ratings 34 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

1/27/14

AMER ST 10

One of the most engaging and charismatic lecturers I've encountered. He blows my mind every time and I truly enjoy attending his class.

3/4/13

AS 101

I took a couple of classes with Michael back in 08/09 and he was by far the most engaging professor while I was at CAL. Here I am years later, a professor myself and I came here to remember those who inspired me. He is also a wonderful advocate of student parents!!!

8/25/12

AFAM128

Excellent professor. I'm so glad I got to take one of his classes during my time at Cal.

2/15/12

AC101

I took his WWII class my first semester at Cal, and could not be more grateful to have had the opportunity to work with him. He is by far the most magnificent orator I have yet encountered in a professor. He is approachable, and charismatic, and takes a sincere interest in his students.

2/6/12

Afro142

Amazing Professor.

1/18/12

AS101

Professor Cohen is extremely intelligent and passionate about history and current social issues. His lectures are engaging and interesting, and he picked amazing books to read for his WWII class. The tests and assignments were very fair and he gives a lot of extra credit, so I think anyone who takes this class can get a good grade and learn a lot!

1/3/12

AFAM119

Great class, very interesting material. However, Cohen kind of crapped out in the last month of the semester. He seemed far more interested in the Occupy movement than our class. Classes were canceled and the final book- the best in the class- was never even discussed. We were given little feedback on the two papers that made up our grade.

11/10/11

AmStd101

The guy has charisma in the classroom, I will give him that. But he's also arrogant, doesn't allow for dissent, and uses his authority and classroom as a bully pulpit for his political views. I'd rather have a teacher than a preacher. Lectures also seemed to lack any coherent organization.

5/13/11

Amstd101

I've taken multiple classes with him so far and every single one was interesting. Yes, he's opinionated and to some he may seem preachy, but his passion is what makes him so engaging. The readings are somewhat dull and necessary, but his lectures more than make up for them. He's extremely knowledgeable and very helpful during office hours.

5/10/11

AS10

This guy is nuts. Not in a bad way. He's super enthusiastic and usually goes overboard with his speech-like lectures. However, felt that he didn't really allow room for dissent or opinions in lecture and spent every minute pushing his own. Damn this guy is smart. I'm intimidated. Also, doesn't seem to be really involved with the rest of the class.

4/30/11

AS10

This professor is amazing. He is charismatic, articulate, passionate, and absolutely on top of his game. He has a thoughtful and very through answer for any question you ask, and lectures are so interesting and informative. He also deeply cares about the educational process, and about his students.

2/4/11

Afr142

Hottest professor at Cal hands down. What a Beauty...

12/26/10

as101

MIchael Cohen is a dreamy dreamboat from heaven. Seriously, If you wanted to be educated and not just spit out on the other side of the meat grinder, this is your chance. This a refresher in truth. So much more than what I thought U.C. fees would buy. Every once in awhile there is a raging beauty from which your gaze cannot be averted from.

12/6/10

AfAm119

Best professor ever!!!! He is awesome, interesting, and a genius. He will really make you think, and probably about stuff you never thought of before. This class is super amazing too

10/19/10

AfAm142

Amazing professor, very interesting and fun class. he definitely made me think of the world in a different way for a couples months. but now i am stuck with horrible profs who are decreasing my iq by the second...

9/19/10

Amer10

Such a great professor! Keeps lectures SUPER interesting and yet still gets his points across quite clearly. And he's super hot, too bad he's married ;(

4/20/10

AS101A

I am not an american studies major and i do not enjoy history at all, but Cohen made the subject incredibly interesting for me. There's a lot of reading but it's really interesting. I highly recommend that you take one of his classes because he's an incredible lecturer

3/8/10

Amer10

I only wish all of my professor had been this amazing. I wish I could have taken more courses with him.

12/3/09

AS101

Amazing lecturer! Very liberal with many radical views but it was also interesting to see American history from a much different perspective. He pushed his agenda pretty hard during the strike (for it) and he's either a Marxist or an anarchist, possibly both. Very passionate, I would recommend taking his class!

11/19/09

AS101

Very interesting guy, definitely has some radical opinions, but presented in an intelligent and insightful way. I don't necessarily agree with everything he says, but its difficult not to due to how charasmatic he is. I signed up for this class to handle my AC req, but its turned out to be one of the most interesting classes Ive taken here at Cal

More American Studies professors at University of California Berkeley