in University of California Berkeley that teach American Studies Edit
at University of California Berkeley, Berkeley, CA
are you Michael Cohen?
D

09/09/2014
AS101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: D

I'm an engineering major, so I'm not used to my grades being based mostly on opinions. I can't believe a world class university really has professors that teach and grade with such outright political bias. He has a right to an opinion, but ruining my GPA because I disagree is just wrong.

01/27/2014
good
AMER ST 10 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

One of the most engaging and charismatic lecturers I've encountered. He blows my mind every time and I truly enjoy attending his class.

03/04/2013
good
AS 101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I took a couple of classes with Michael back in 08/09 and he was by far the most engaging professor while I was at CAL. Here I am years later, a professor myself and I came here to remember those who inspired me. He is also a wonderful advocate of student parents!!!

08/25/2012
good
AFAM128 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Excellent professor. I'm so glad I got to take one of his classes during my time at Cal.

02/15/2012
good
AC101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I took his WWII class my first semester at Cal, and could not be more grateful to have had the opportunity to work with him. He is by far the most magnificent orator I have yet encountered in a professor. He is approachable, and charismatic, and takes a sincere interest in his students.

02/06/2012
good
Afro142 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Amazing Professor.

01/18/2012
good
AS101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Professor Cohen is extremely intelligent and passionate about history and current social issues. His lectures are engaging and interesting, and he picked amazing books to read for his WWII class. The tests and assignments were very fair and he gives a lot of extra credit, so I think anyone who takes this class can get a good grade and learn a lot!

01/03/2012
good
AFAM119 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Great class, very interesting material. However, Cohen kind of crapped out in the last month of the semester. He seemed far more interested in the Occupy movement than our class. Classes were canceled and the final book- the best in the class- was never even discussed. We were given little feedback on the two papers that made up our grade.

11/10/2011
AmStd101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

The guy has charisma in the classroom, I will give him that. But he's also arrogant, doesn't allow for dissent, and uses his authority and classroom as a bully pulpit for his political views. I'd rather have a teacher than a preacher. Lectures also seemed to lack any coherent organization.

05/13/2011
good
Amstd101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I've taken multiple classes with him so far and every single one was interesting. Yes, he's opinionated and to some he may seem preachy, but his passion is what makes him so engaging. The readings are somewhat dull and necessary, but his lectures more than make up for them. He's extremely knowledgeable and very helpful during office hours.

05/10/2011
AS10 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

This guy is nuts. Not in a bad way. He's super enthusiastic and usually goes overboard with his speech-like lectures. However, felt that he didn't really allow room for dissent or opinions in lecture and spent every minute pushing his own. Damn this guy is smart. I'm intimidated. Also, doesn't seem to be really involved with the rest of the class.

04/30/2011
good

This professor is amazing. He is charismatic, articulate, passionate, and absolutely on top of his game. He has a thoughtful and very through answer for any question you ask, and lectures are so interesting and informative. He also deeply cares about the educational process, and about his students.

02/04/2011
good
Afr142 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Hottest professor at Cal hands down. What a Beauty...

12/26/2010
good
as101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

MIchael Cohen is a dreamy dreamboat from heaven. Seriously, If you wanted to be educated and not just spit out on the other side of the meat grinder, this is your chance. This a refresher in truth. So much more than what I thought U.C. fees would buy. Every once in awhile there is a raging beauty from which your gaze cannot be averted from.

12/06/2010
good
AfAm119 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Best professor ever!!!! He is awesome, interesting, and a genius. He will really make you think, and probably about stuff you never thought of before. This class is super amazing too

10/19/2010
good
AfAm142 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Amazing professor, very interesting and fun class. he definitely made me think of the world in a different way for a couples months. but now i am stuck with horrible profs who are decreasing my iq by the second...

09/19/2010
good
Amer10 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Such a great professor! Keeps lectures SUPER interesting and yet still gets his points across quite clearly. And he's super hot, too bad he's married ;(

04/20/2010
good
AS101A Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

I am not an american studies major and i do not enjoy history at all, but Cohen made the subject incredibly interesting for me. There's a lot of reading but it's really interesting. I highly recommend that you take one of his classes because he's an incredible lecturer

03/08/2010
Amer10 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I only wish all of my professor had been this amazing. I wish I could have taken more courses with him.

12/03/2009
good
AS101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Amazing lecturer! Very liberal with many radical views but it was also interesting to see American history from a much different perspective. He pushed his agenda pretty hard during the strike (for it) and he's either a Marxist or an anarchist, possibly both. Very passionate, I would recommend taking his class!