in Indiana University Bloomington that teach Literature Edit
at Indiana University Bloomington, Bloomington, IN
are you Scott Herring?

12/06/2012
good
ENDL354 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Herring was always incredibly well prepared for class and a fair grader. Classes were interesting and he's really personable and fun to have in class.

11/29/2012
good
ENGL249 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

One of the best classes I've ever taken. He prepares well for each meeting and makes the readings worth it--none of them are "busy work". We had some of the most meaningful discussions as a class and I learned so much beyond what was covered in the texts. Highly recommend this class to anyone.

11/29/2012
good
ENGL249 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Such a great teacher. Gets everyone involved. Grading is very fair. Lectures are interesting and he has a great sense of humor.

08/05/2012
good
eng389 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

The best professor I have had at IU so far. Extremely knowledgeable in his field, and he makes class interesting and thought-provoking. It felt like he really connected with everyone and was very approachable. He is also really hot but don't let it distract you from the fact that he's an awesome teacher.

11/13/2011
good
ENGL202 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I cannot say enough good things about Professor Herring. He is brilliant, and his lectures blow my mind every single time. They are genius. He assigns interesting and wonderful readings and relates them to us in a relevant way. He is hilarious and witty and you will get as much out of this class as you put into it. Read, participate, and enjoy.

08/14/2011
good
ENGL111 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Absolute best dude ever. Tough and expects good work but is such a good professor that you'll find yourself doing excellent work because you learned so much and maybe because you actually want to do right by this guy. Hilarious. Do the readings, if only to make class even more enjoyable.

05/28/2011
good
ENGL389 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

The best... there's nothing else to say!

04/30/2010
good
ENGL389 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I love this man. His class totally changed my life. Just do the readings and talk in class and you will win. He is a lot of fun, definitely one of the best profs at IU.

08/26/2009
good
ENGE304 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Phenomenal. Easily one of my favorite professors.

05/06/2009
good

Really great teacher. He is hilarious, intelligent and makes the most boring literature interesting. His lectures always went by so quickly. Take his course!!

05/05/2009
good
ENG142 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

He was my favorite professor so far. Super funny and knowledgeable. I actually enjoyed going to his class. Very in touch with pop culture and literature. Loves buzzwords and participation.

04/27/2009
good
ENGL142 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Dude. I seriously had the biggest crush on him ever. Then, during the last class of the semester, he mentioned how he has a boyfriend. GOD. DAMNIT. Personal feelings aside, he is the most amazing teacher ever! He makes a boring subject interesting. Oh, and he's freaking hilarious.

04/23/2009
good
ENG354 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Scott is my favorite professor at IU. I look forward to taking more of his classes in the future. I took so much out of class every single meeting. The worst part about the class is that every 50 minute meeting went by too quickly to savor. You seriously don't notice the passage of time in Scott's class.

04/13/2009
good
ENG354 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Hilarious and fun. If you have a chance, you should definitely take a class with him!

11/17/2008
good
ENGL371 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

He's the wittiest, most intelligent, fun, and approachable professor I've ever had at IU. (He also has fantastic hair.) I've taken away more from his class lectures than from any other professor's. Take any/all of his courses.

10/15/2008
good
ENGL358 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Best class I've ever taken! You want to come to class to hear what this Professor says!!

04/14/2008
good
ENGE304 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

This was an awesome class. Scott is incredibly intelligent and his lectures are epic. I always left class with a new idea and a smile on my face. A serious must-take for anyone interested in American literature.

10/29/2007
good
LIT358 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

best professor i've ever had. I am obsessed with him, is so nice, hilarious, and very understanding and approachable.