in Houghton College that teach History Edit
C
1.7

12/06/2014
good
HIST 101B Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A
"Get ready to read" "Tough Grader" "Skip class? You won't pass."

Dr. Airhart is amazing. Most definitely, this is one of the most challenging classes that I've ever taken. His consistency and high expectations have really pushed me to be a better student and better thinker. If you're willing to learn, I would highly recommend Dr. Airhart to any student with a brain.

11/04/2014
Western Civ Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: C+
"Get ready to read" "Skip class? You won't pass." "Tough Grader"

Airhart makes you work very hard for a good grade. It was frustrating studying super hard and getting Cs and not even knowing why.

09/15/2014
good
HUM 401 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: A

Such a man.

06/26/2013
good
HIST101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Awesome prof, very helpful. He's got a reputation as a tough teacher, and he is, but he's also the best lecturer around. Very helpful, if you ask him questions.

05/23/2013
good
Hist324 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Amazing teacher, and phenomenal lecturer.

05/23/2013
good
History 324 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Great. Difficult but invaluable classes, and incredible teaching.

05/08/2013
good
HIST 325 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

I have taken close to nine courses with Dr. Airhart, and every single one has been fantastic.

04/22/2013
good
Hist 101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Good professor, great class, but you will have to work hard

02/01/2013
good
101A Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Airhart's the Man. Even when he harassed me about taking notes in class. I don't quite understand the reputation he has in ho-town - he's entertaining, and he keeps things pretty clear and interesting in the course. One time I had to talk to him about a grade, and he sat me down and chatted with me for an hour about my plans for my major.

01/20/2013
good
HIST1 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

The best history class I've ever taken; he's a formidable intellect and a creative thinker. You'll learn more than you will from most other classes you take. I know whereof I speak--I'm now a full professor at this country's top university. Take his courses!

10/02/2012
HIST201 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Doesn't have the time for his students.

06/05/2012
HIST101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

He's no joke. Be ready to commit to Western Civilization

05/17/2011
good
HistFilm Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I took Dr. Airhart's Historiography through Film this semester, and while there was a lot of reading and the course was challenging, I found him to be extremely fair and when his students show interest in the material, he is phenomenal. I learned so much. Highly recommend him - I changed my major to take more classes with him :)

12/14/2010
good
Hist295 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Sure he can be a bit arrogant,but that's what makes him great. And for those who say he has limited knowledge, they obviously do not have a clear grasp of history.

01/05/2010
good
INTS152 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Ferociously intelligent. If you take an Airhart class, you will be subjected to difficult inquiry, but if you work at it, you will learn in meaningful and deep ways. I highly recommend every Houghton student take an Airhart class, though they should probably take care to structure their schedule according to the added difficulty and workload.

10/14/2009
HIST101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Airhart is symbolizes what is wrong with Houghton College. Pretentious, elitist, but with nothing to show for it. He doesn't get what Houghton is about. Do yourself a favor and take someone, anyone, else. Like so many others, he ruined my freshman year.

02/19/2009
HIST102 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Very harsh grader on essays, but it has made me a smarter writer. You won't pass his class without learning a great deal. Very interesting lectures. He keeps me awake!

02/08/2009
HIST101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Difficult professor. Often took time out to angrily lecture anyone he noticed nodding off. Tests are essays, no multiple choice. If the material interests you, take Airhart. You'll learn lots. If you're just doing it to fulfill a requirement, look elsewhere because you will become frustrated. I just took it to fulfill a requirement.

02/05/2009
good
London Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Arrogant - but so extremely intelligent and well read that he has a right to be. This man is one of the best lecturers I've ever heard. You'll work hard, but you won't fall asleep in class. I'm not a big personal fan of him (I find him abrasive), though I know many people who are.

09/22/2008
good
HIST101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Cameron might not be eveyone's favorite teacher, but I think that is based on someone's willingness to learn. I think that he is brilliant and I can't wait to go to the rest of his classes. He makes the one subject that I dislike, interesting and easy to learn. Hopefully, I'll have more classes with him.