Cameron Airhart at Houghton College

Cameron Airhart

Number of ratings 42 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

6/26/13

HIST101

Awesome prof, very helpful. He's got a reputation as a tough teacher, and he is, but he's also the best lecturer around. Very helpful, if you ask him questions.

5/23/13

Hist324

Amazing teacher, and phenomenal lecturer.

5/23/13

History 324

Great. Difficult but invaluable classes, and incredible teaching.

5/8/13

HIST 325

I have taken close to nine courses with Dr. Airhart, and every single one has been fantastic.

4/22/13

Hist 101

Good professor, great class, but you will have to work hard

2/1/13

101A

Airhart's the Man. Even when he harassed me about taking notes in class. I don't quite understand the reputation he has in ho-town - he's entertaining, and he keeps things pretty clear and interesting in the course. One time I had to talk to him about a grade, and he sat me down and chatted with me for an hour about my plans for my major.

1/20/13

HIST1

The best history class I've ever taken; he's a formidable intellect and a creative thinker. You'll learn more than you will from most other classes you take. I know whereof I speak--I'm now a full professor at this country's top university. Take his courses!

10/2/12

HIST201

Doesn't have the time for his students.

6/5/12

He's no joke. Be ready to commit to Western Civilization

5/17/11

HistFilm

I took Dr. Airhart's Historiography through Film this semester, and while there was a lot of reading and the course was challenging, I found him to be extremely fair and when his students show interest in the material, he is phenomenal. I learned so much. Highly recommend him - I changed my major to take more classes with him :)

12/14/10

Hist295

Sure he can be a bit arrogant,but that's what makes him great. And for those who say he has limited knowledge, they obviously do not have a clear grasp of history.

1/5/10

INTS152

Ferociously intelligent. If you take an Airhart class, you will be subjected to difficult inquiry, but if you work at it, you will learn in meaningful and deep ways. I highly recommend every Houghton student take an Airhart class, though they should probably take care to structure their schedule according to the added difficulty and workload.

10/14/09

HIST101

Dr. Airhart is symbolizes what is wrong with Houghton College. Pretentious, elitist, but with nothing to show for it. He doesn't get what Houghton is about. Do yourself a favor and take someone, anyone, else. Like so many others, he ruined my freshman year.

2/19/09

HIST102

Very harsh grader on essays, but it has made me a smarter writer. You won't pass his class without learning a great deal. Very interesting lectures. He keeps me awake!

2/8/09

HIST101

Difficult professor. Often took time out to angrily lecture anyone he noticed nodding off. Tests are essays, no multiple choice. If the material interests you, take Airhart. You'll learn lots. If you're just doing it to fulfill a requirement, look elsewhere because you will become frustrated. I just took it to fulfill a requirement.

2/5/09

London

Arrogant - but so extremely intelligent and well read that he has a right to be. This man is one of the best lecturers I've ever heard. You'll work hard, but you won't fall asleep in class. I'm not a big personal fan of him (I find him abrasive), though I know many people who are.

9/22/08

HIST101

Cameron might not be eveyone's favorite teacher, but I think that is based on someone's willingness to learn. I think that he is brilliant and I can't wait to go to the rest of his classes. He makes the one subject that I dislike, interesting and easy to learn. Hopefully, I'll have more classes with him.

7/25/08

HIST101

After Western Civ 1 & 2, I'm taking History of Rome with him next semester! One of the best teachers in Houghton, in my opinion. Very hard but very helpful. Willing to talk outside of class to help with understanding & interest. Fast paced but you learn to keep up; amazing lecture skills; brilliant & knows his stuff.

5/8/08

EXTREMELY hard prof. especially the combined class but you learn alot and he drives you to work hard. You truly have to earn whatever grade you get but it means so much more when you do well.

12/3/07

WesCi101

Class is SO hard. The hardest Western Civ class at Houghton and its only 2 credit hours! Not worth it! Drop the class! He is nice though.

More History professors at Houghton College