in Indiana University Bloomington that teach Religion Edit
are you Constance Furey?
B
12/13/2014
good
REL-R389 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A
"Gives good feedback" "Respected by students"

Great Prof. Discussions and readings deal with difficult subject matter, yes, but half the fun is looking at your peers in confusion and soldiering on. Prof. Furey is readily available to help you puzzle through things and genuinely cares for her students. She wants your feedback and looks to adjust her teaching methods and materials in response.

09/23/2014
good
REL-A300 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A
"Respected by students" "Amazing lectures" "Inspirational"

Take everything she teaches. Do not leave IU without taking one of her courses.

06/02/2014
REL-R389 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: A

Professor Furey is a delightful person, but I thought that the material she chose for her class was far too complex for an undergraduate course and that her class seemed to require a great deal of prior knowledge. She is very eager to help her students, but a professor's assistance can only go so far under such circumstances.

04/23/2014
good
REL-C300 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: A+

Absolutely incredible learning experience. She's the reason I'm a religious studies major!

01/01/2014
good
A300 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: A

Life-changing

01/01/2014
good
S300 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

She will change your life. I wasn't at all interested in religious studies until I took her class, and now I plan on taking everything else she teaches. She's a generous grader, very willing to provide extracurricular help, and has immense knowledge of the subject matter. Plus, great sense of humor! Take whatever she's teaching.

04/18/2013
good
REL-A 450 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Professor Furey is the best professor at IU. She allows the class to discover the key material on their own and does an amazing job guiding the discussions. I always leave class with a smile and a sense of "Wow!" I have taken half a dozen classes from Prof. Furey, and if I could I would take more.

04/11/2013
good
A202 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

She is an excellent professor, one of my favorites so far. She spends time getting to know each student and is willing to go the extra mile to help anyone. She is passionate and leads incredibly in depth discussions that really push your mind to advance further. Even if you are not majoring/minoring in religious studies, sign up!

02/15/2012
good
REL450 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Professor Furey is amazing at fostering class discussions and at explaining key concepts. So smart and compassionate and dedicated to her students. Really just an all around amazing teacher.

09/22/2011
good
REL450 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I have never experienced such enlightenment each time I have left a class. Absolutely fantastic professor - teaching is obviously her calling in life.

04/25/2011
good
REL133 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Amazing Professor! She explains everything clearly and prepares you well for her exams. Makes lecture interesting! I am taking another class with her next semester because she is so wonderful.

04/18/2011
good
REL133 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I thought she was crazy not allowing laptops in class, but it is the best idea and helps you focus. She explains everything and tells you whats on the test ahead of time.

03/23/2011
good
RELR133 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Great prof - probably my favorite teacher at IU so far. Persuaded me to be a religious studies major just by having an awesome lecture. Can't wait to take more classes with her!

12/12/2008
good
REL330 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Professor Furey is the best teacher I've EVER had. She stimulates fantastic discussion, grades fairly, and is an all around amazing person. I loved taking her course and am taking another one with her next semester just because she was that awesome.

11/04/2007
good
Rel180 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Awesome teacher...gets you interested in the subject. Loves to talk during office hours. A++ teacher.