in Harold Washington College that teach Biology Edit
Farah Movahedzadeh
Professor in the Biology department
at Harold Washington College, Chicago, IL
are you Farah Movahedzadeh?
A+

12/24/2013
good
Micro 233 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: A+

Dont be late. Attendance is mandatory. Posts slides after lecture because she wants your attention. She's an amazing professor, but feels that for you to understand, she must explain it first. Frustrating, but play the game. After getting outlines, memorize every page; draw, color, whatever helps. Many ppl got A's. Her quizzes will be on the exam.

10/05/2013
233 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

labs are n very unclear even after you've read the lab manual and instructions but she doesn't bother explaining what the lab is about leaving everyone confused esp with the complicated labs. She is very serious. Make sure you don't play around in her class.

12/02/2012
1212 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

If u study u will pass

11/24/2012
good
micrort Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Farah is awesome! She is very helpful, and she has helped me get involved in other science related activities. She is sweet and fair. She is really clear on what you need to successful in the class. She is great!

11/24/2012
good
Micro233 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

To those that CARE about their education and WANT to learn- Dr. Farah is THE BEST teacher I've ever had! Micro is not an easy course. She makes it enjoyable. She is passionate about science, teaching, & her students' futures. She does everything possible to help us succeed, from challenging us to using many different types of media and resources.

08/28/2012
good
micro233 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Farah was one of the greatest professors I've had. She went above and beyond her call of duty to encourage her students and make sure that they succeeded. Whether it be staying late to help a student learn a concept, or encouraging students to visit her office hours, she was always there to give any extra helpt if needed. Highly recommended!!

08/15/2012
good
BIO121 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I consider myself very fortunate to have ended up in Dr. Farah's bio class. Her commitment to her students has opened up many doors for me. Its been 2 years and she continues to be a positive influence on my life. I am planning to get a phd in bio

08/14/2012
good

Dr. Farah was an excellent teacher. She was willing to work with her students in helping them succeed, even if they were not the typical "A" student. She was always available in her office hours to help answer questions or concerns. She wanted each of her students to do well. She kept the class entertaining by telling personal stories and jokes.

08/06/2012
good
BIO251 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I took many of my undergraduate biology courses at UIC as well as Northwestern. Bio 251 with Dr. Farah at HWC really sealed my knowledge. I was so pleased to have her as my instructor for Microbiology as well. She is really motivating, very responsive to emails. I highly recommend her as a professor.

08/01/2012
good
BIO251 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

This was one of the best classes I have ever had in college. The instructor was highly knowledgeable due to her many years in research, very approachable for help, and fair with grading. The class was taught using the project based learning method, which proved to be highly effective for creating a team learning environment. Highly recommend!