Farah Movahedzadeh at Harold Washington College

Number of ratings 33 / Average Grade:  A+ Submit a correction

12/24/13

Micro 233

Grade ReceivedA+

Dont be late. Attendance is mandatory. Posts slides after lecture because she wants your attention. She's an amazing professor, but feels that for you to understand, she must explain it first. Frustrating, but play the game. After getting outlines, memorize every page; draw, color, whatever helps. Many ppl got A's. Her quizzes will be on the exam.

10/5/13

labs are n very unclear even after you've read the lab manual and instructions but she doesn't bother explaining what the lab is about leaving everyone confused esp with the complicated labs. She is very serious. Make sure you don't play around in her class.

12/2/12

If u study u will pass

11/24/12

micrort

Dr. Farah is awesome! She is very helpful, and she has helped me get involved in other science related activities. She is sweet and fair. She is really clear on what you need to successful in the class. She is great!

11/24/12

Micro233

To those that CARE about their education and WANT to learn- Dr. Farah is THE BEST teacher I've ever had! Micro is not an easy course. She makes it enjoyable. She is passionate about science, teaching, & her students' futures. She does everything possible to help us succeed, from challenging us to using many different types of media and resources.

8/28/12

micro233

Dr. Farah was one of the greatest professors I've had. She went above and beyond her call of duty to encourage her students and make sure that they succeeded. Whether it be staying late to help a student learn a concept, or encouraging students to visit her office hours, she was always there to give any extra helpt if needed. Highly recommended!!

8/15/12

BIO121

I consider myself very fortunate to have ended up in Dr. Farah's bio class. Her commitment to her students has opened up many doors for me. Its been 2 years and she continues to be a positive influence on my life. I am planning to get a phd in bio

8/14/12

micro233

Dr. Farah was an excellent teacher. She was willing to work with her students in helping them succeed, even if they were not the typical "A" student. She was always available in her office hours to help answer questions or concerns. She wanted each of her students to do well. She kept the class entertaining by telling personal stories and jokes.

8/6/12

BIO251

I took many of my undergraduate biology courses at UIC as well as Northwestern. Bio 251 with Dr. Farah at HWC really sealed my knowledge. I was so pleased to have her as my instructor for Microbiology as well. She is really motivating, very responsive to emails. I highly recommend her as a professor.

8/1/12

BIO251

This was one of the best classes I have ever had in college. The instructor was highly knowledgeable due to her many years in research, very approachable for help, and fair with grading. The class was taught using the project based learning method, which proved to be highly effective for creating a team learning environment. Highly recommend!

7/11/12

MCROB233

I enjoyed having Dr.Farah as my instructor. She seems tough, and her exams aren't easy, but she truly cares about the subject she teaches and her students. She's a generous grader, and a pleasant person. Her thorough teaching of the material helped me to succeed in the course and her enthusiasm about microbio made me excited about the subject too.

7/10/12

Micro233

I don't mind being challenged by an instructor but she was hands down the worst professor I have ever encountered. I felt like it was a humongous waste of time and effort.

7/5/12

MICRO233

Mrs.Farah was excited about the subject, but failed to teach it in a way that the students would understand. WORST instructor I've had.

5/12/12

Micro233

She's awesome. She's fair in grading. I'm fortunate enough to only have to 'study' a grain of work to pass. Posts lectures on blackboard, hw done online.Due tomorrow?Do tomorrow! Winged her class w/ no text.Mandatory groupings for lab, use charts in your reports. Wished she would've gone more in depth in certain subjects though. A++ will take again

5/8/12

micro233

The class is a lot of work, but what college-level science course isn't? Dr. Fara is extremely helpful and fair. She is very organized and even posts her lectures on Blackboard.

4/18/12

micro233

Dr Farah is extreamly fair. She helps all her students and wants us 2 achieve the best. She pushes us to do the best we can. She is the best teacher I have had. I would recomend anyone at any level to take this instructo.

12/29/11

BIOLO114

She's a great professor that tries her hardest to help all her students. She also tries to make it interesting.

12/12/11

MicroKLQ

Dr. Farah is for sure passionate, Dr. Farah really cares about her students. However she puts everyone in groups which is not the best thing to do. I also found that her quizzes may not coinside with the pp lectures she tells you to study. Overall she is a nice person.

11/10/11

a1

Dr Farah is a great teacher. She cares about her students and is the best teacher i have ever had!!!! :)

1/13/11

bio121

Dr. Farah is a great teacher and an amazing person. She is very passionate about her work and it shows. She wants you to learn and cares about her students.

More Biology professors at Harold Washington College