in Harold Washington College that teach Biology Edit
Farah Movahedzadeh
Professor in the Biology department
at Harold Washington College, Chicago, IL
are you Farah Movahedzadeh?
A+

12/24/2013
good
Micro 233 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: A+

Dont be late. Attendance is mandatory. Posts slides after lecture because she wants your attention. She's an amazing professor, but feels that for you to understand, she must explain it first. Frustrating, but play the game. After getting outlines, memorize every page; draw, color, whatever helps. Many ppl got A's. Her quizzes will be on the exam.

10/05/2013
233 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

labs are n very unclear even after you've read the lab manual and instructions but she doesn't bother explaining what the lab is about leaving everyone confused esp with the complicated labs. She is very serious. Make sure you don't play around in her class.

12/02/2012
1212 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

If u study u will pass

11/24/2012
good
micrort Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Farah is awesome! She is very helpful, and she has helped me get involved in other science related activities. She is sweet and fair. She is really clear on what you need to successful in the class. She is great!

11/24/2012
good
Micro233 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

To those that CARE about their education and WANT to learn- Dr. Farah is THE BEST teacher I've ever had! Micro is not an easy course. She makes it enjoyable. She is passionate about science, teaching, & her students' futures. She does everything possible to help us succeed, from challenging us to using many different types of media and resources.

08/28/2012
good
micro233 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Farah was one of the greatest professors I've had. She went above and beyond her call of duty to encourage her students and make sure that they succeeded. Whether it be staying late to help a student learn a concept, or encouraging students to visit her office hours, she was always there to give any extra helpt if needed. Highly recommended!!

08/15/2012
good
BIO121 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I consider myself very fortunate to have ended up in Dr. Farah's bio class. Her commitment to her students has opened up many doors for me. Its been 2 years and she continues to be a positive influence on my life. I am planning to get a phd in bio

08/14/2012
good

Dr. Farah was an excellent teacher. She was willing to work with her students in helping them succeed, even if they were not the typical "A" student. She was always available in her office hours to help answer questions or concerns. She wanted each of her students to do well. She kept the class entertaining by telling personal stories and jokes.

08/06/2012
good
BIO251 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I took many of my undergraduate biology courses at UIC as well as Northwestern. Bio 251 with Dr. Farah at HWC really sealed my knowledge. I was so pleased to have her as my instructor for Microbiology as well. She is really motivating, very responsive to emails. I highly recommend her as a professor.

08/01/2012
good
BIO251 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

This was one of the best classes I have ever had in college. The instructor was highly knowledgeable due to her many years in research, very approachable for help, and fair with grading. The class was taught using the project based learning method, which proved to be highly effective for creating a team learning environment. Highly recommend!

07/11/2012
good
MCROB233 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I enjoyed having Dr.Farah as my instructor. She seems tough, and her exams aren't easy, but she truly cares about the subject she teaches and her students. She's a generous grader, and a pleasant person. Her thorough teaching of the material helped me to succeed in the course and her enthusiasm about microbio made me excited about the subject too.

07/10/2012
Micro233 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

I don't mind being challenged by an instructor but she was hands down the worst professor I have ever encountered. I felt like it was a humongous waste of time and effort.

07/05/2012
MICRO233 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Mrs.Farah was excited about the subject, but failed to teach it in a way that the students would understand. WORST instructor I've had.

05/12/2012
good
Micro233 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

She's awesome. She's fair in grading. I'm fortunate enough to only have to 'study' a grain of work to pass. Posts lectures on blackboard, hw done online.Due tomorrow?Do tomorrow! Winged her class w/ no text.Mandatory groupings for lab, use charts in your reports. Wished she would've gone more in depth in certain subjects though. A++ will take again

05/08/2012
good
micro233 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

The class is a lot of work, but what college-level science course isn't? Dr. Fara is extremely helpful and fair. She is very organized and even posts her lectures on Blackboard.

04/18/2012
good
micro233 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Dr Farah is extreamly fair. She helps all her students and wants us 2 achieve the best. She pushes us to do the best we can. She is the best teacher I have had. I would recomend anyone at any level to take this instructo.

12/29/2011
good
BIOLO114 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

She's a great professor that tries her hardest to help all her students. She also tries to make it interesting.

12/12/2011
good
MicroKLQ Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Farah is for sure passionate, Dr. Farah really cares about her students. However she puts everyone in groups which is not the best thing to do. I also found that her quizzes may not coinside with the pp lectures she tells you to study. Overall she is a nice person.

11/10/2011
good
a1 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Dr Farah is a great teacher. She cares about her students and is the best teacher i have ever had!!!! :)

01/13/2011
good
bio121 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Farah is a great teacher and an amazing person. She is very passionate about her work and it shows. She wants you to learn and cares about her students.