in Austin Community College that teach English Edit
1.7
1.4

05/06/2014
good
ENGL 2328 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

If you take Myung's course you will have to work VERY hard to get a good grade. That being said, I would recommend him because, after all, aren't we all in college to learn?! Make this class a priority, go to his office hours for feedback on essays and on your grades, ask what you did wrong, work hard, and I guarantee you will learn so much!

03/25/2014
ENGL 1302 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Do not take this class you will be beaten down until you write exactly what he wants you to, if you can figure that out. Not clear. Harsh. Talks in circles about nothing.

02/19/2014
ENGL 1301 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

By far worst professor I've come across. He has high expectations, and I understand that. But he gives the most vague, elusive instructions. When you turn your work in it's wrong. WHY? Because he doesn't clarify what he wants. Don't understand how he has high expectations for us when he doesn't even do a good job at teaching. Don't recommend him.

12/03/2013
good
Engl 1302 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Professor Myung has gotten a bad reputation strictly because he's not an easy professor. I had to work hard for my grade, but no doubt he made me a better writer. I actually loved him, and I'm planning on taking him next semester for American Lit. If you're lazy, don't take him. It's as simple as that.

10/30/2013
English 1301 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

By Far the WORST teacher I have ever had! He does not clarify any directions what so ever and does not like to help out his students at all. Everytime I ask a question, he seems frustrated and is very vague on his answers. Def. does not care to educate his students...just merely there for a paycheck. DO NOT TAKE!!!!

08/05/2013
ENGL 1301 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Probably the worst professor I've ever had. he doesn't care about your grade. he doesn't clarify assignments. halfway through the semester there were maybe 10 out of like 25 students left. he is rude and many times late to class. DO NOT TAKE HIM!

08/02/2013
ENG1301 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

I really believe he deliberately wants to give his students a hard time. This class should be your number one priority.

07/23/2013

He is the worst teacher i've ever had! Yes, you have the chance to re do papers but, while you're re doing one, you're getting behind in the others. He also gives you dates he grades papers, and gives you them back weeks late (he forgot or didn't have time). I passed up until the department exam and he failed me!!!!! He is terrible, DO NOT TAKE!!!

04/18/2013
Engl 1302 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

He is a really tough grader, even when you correct things multiple times and go in for office hours he's very vague on what he wants. Most of my class dropped in the end there was just 10 of us left. DONT TAKE HIM!!! Not and easy A by far!!!!

04/12/2013
ENGL1301 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Professor Myung is difficult and sometimes his instructions are not very clear. He does allow you to rewrite your papers for a higher grade. Once you figure out what he wants in your paper, you'll learn how to get around his tough grading.

01/11/2013
ENGLENGL Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

This teacher was an extremely difficult person. He would not ever tell me what I did wrong exactly on my papers and didn't like repeating himself...which was no help. I seriously don't recommend this teacher...but, if you are up for the challenge then go for it my friend, and tell me how you achieved it. Well good luck, your going to need it.

11/26/2012
ENGL2327 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

I must say I can not believe that this college kept him on the staff, he is rude and VERY unclear on what he wants. I have passed all my english classes at my past universities and they haven't been this hard. I strongly recommend that you pass this class up even if you are a good writer.

11/13/2012
ENGL1301 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Worse teacher ever. It makes me wonder how he can drop 3/4 of the class and still think he's doing a fine job at teaching. Just today, another 3 were withdrawn. I took both AP ENGL classes in high school and still think this is worse. His assignments are fine, but his essay grading is ridiculous and he doesn't even tell you what you did wrong.

10/09/2012
eng1301 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

He's very hard; and sometimes seems unwilling to deal with anyone who doesn't appear to be getting it; I welcome a challenge but this guy's incredible. He's not for the average student. Think your smart? I dare you to take this guy's class.

09/21/2012
eng1301 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

He is the worst teacher I've ever seen in my life and the school should fire him ASAP.

08/17/2012

there is alot of group work where we try and help eachother on papers, this doesn't at ALL help us understand what he wans exactly in his papers. when asking a question, he basically asks it back, never fully answering it. beginning of clas had around 25, last day of class we had 9 people!!

07/31/2012
good
ENGL1302 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I loved him! He prepares his students for harder english courses. His assignments make it necessary for the student to learn! Thats what we're in collge for. I'm in a lit. class now and am so grateful to him for improving my reading and writing skills so much!

07/10/2012
Engl1301 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

I don't see how this guy still has a job. Class started with 30 and ended with 7. Worst professor. I suggest you take Serge Breathe! He's amazing for ENGL 1301. Myung will make your life a living hell. I hope he gets fired.

05/17/2012
ENGL1302 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

If you are looking for an easy A class, then this isn't the one for you.Myung has high expectations for essays and the essays themselves are time-consuming. If you aren't strong in writing and you just need an English class, skip over this one. However, if you are majoring in something dealing with writing or language, this class will challenge you

02/28/2012
ENGL1301 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Pointed; sometimes rude. Does very little to explain his criteria and doesn't explain grades given well. Class started with nearly 30 and was down to 6 after the first month. Would not recommend.