in University of Houston that teach Languages Edit
Christina Voulali
Professor in the Languages department
at University of Houston, Houston, TX
are you Christina Voulali?

11/11/2013
FREN 1501 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

It's easy if you know a thing or two about French. (I recommend getting on that the summer before) However, even if you do prepare, the tests are all ORAL. Anything is fair game. She moves fast with little explanation or aid for these, because the classes have a lot of students. The quizzes and homework are a breeze, but the tests will slip you up.

04/23/2013
good

Ms. Voulali is a great professor! She tries her best to ensure that everybody in the class understands before she moves on. She is very patient and explains difficulties very well. Always willing to help even if this means staying after class. Of course as with any foreign language, you have to do a lot of studying on your own.

02/18/2013
FREN1501 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Not helpful. There is only one tutor for the entire department. She moves too fast. I think I would be better off teaching myself the language than I would being taught by her. But unfortunately, class is mandatory, she takes attendance. I honestly prefer not going to class unless there is an exam. 'cause I have completely lost interest in going.

11/13/2012
good
FREN1501 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

She is very very nice. However, if you know nothing about french I dont recommend. She goes very quickly which is difficult learning a new language. Pay attention, participate, ****do the reviews****, and go to class, should be fine.

06/08/2012
good
Fren1501 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Well, if you have just a little background of French, then you should be fine :) Ms. Voulali is a very sweet and nice lady who is always willing to help. It's just that sometimes she goes very fast on the lecture. If you have some knowledge on French, take her; but if you don't, I don't recommend much.

05/10/2012
good
Fren1501 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

She is GREAT!!! Love her! EASIEST CLASS EVER!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! I love French and I love her!

05/10/2012
good
FREN1501 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Really sweet and helpful. I hate the language but she made it bare-able and fun. Grades generously.

04/15/2012
good
Fren1502 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Very nice will help you out if you need it. You can t make lower than a C.

08/08/2011
FREN1501 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Hard to follow lectures sometimes, but overall what she presents in class is what's on the test. Must have books and attend class to get an A. I missed classes but got A's on tests and quizzes and made a B+. I definitely signed up for the next section of this class with her and will come to class more this semester to get the A.

05/02/2010
good
FREN1501 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Ok,I can understand how people with no French background could find this class quite difficult. I would be willing to bet that others who have rated (me included) have taken at least some French in the past. With background, the class is quite manageable and taught in an organized manner. Without any, be willing to work hard to keep up.