in University of Nevada- Reno that teach Humanities Edit
at University of Nevada- Reno, Reno, NV
are you Alison Harvey?

05/19/2014
good
CH201H Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Although her class is rather difficult as Dr.Harvey is a fairly strict grader, I do not believe it ever became unreasonable. She's definitely well-prepared and willing to discuss with students during office hours. Only criticism for this class is that the requirement for an A is a bit high; students need a 94+% to receive an A.

09/20/2013
CH 202 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

I took this class online and compared to my instructor for 201, Alison is an extremely hard grader. She doesn't give you a lot of credit for the detail you put into the assignments. She is constantly looking for every detail to be explained. She gives you a lot of feedback, which is helpful, but I would recommend another teacher.

12/22/2012
good
CH202 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Harvey replaced my teacher a third of the way through Fall 12. She was great, helpful, and clear. As long as you keep up with the reading you'll be fine, and if you don't, well, that's not her fault. Class discussions were a little slow but if you participate (mandatory) it goes a lot smoother. Definitely recommend.

08/01/2012
ch202 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I took this class online and during summer to make it worse. There were too many books to read plus 3 long assignments do a week. Her exams are very hard and require too much detail. I would not recommend Harvey if you have a full schedule on your hands.

06/09/2012
CH201 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

She can get a little off tangent, but the discussions are decent. I think the grading is a little too critical. ONCE, I repeat ONCE, I got a 10/10 on a weekly response. I put the most effort into this class last semester, but it was the only class I didn't get an A in (B+).

10/13/2010
ch201 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

I originally had Swingrover(little crazy but good) for this class, but Harvey took over. She was very strict and assigned lots of extra reading on top of the books we already had to read. I would NOT recommend her, way too difficult, teaches the class like its the only one youre taking and not like its a lower division core class nobody cares about

05/28/2010
CH201 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Professor Harvey took over my class part way through the semester and I noticed the huge difference. The lectures went to being completely full to entirely empty. She tends to drone on and it's hard to stay awake in her class. Definitely would NOT suggest her, but she is a nice lady.

05/18/2010
CH201 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Out of a ~120 person class, maybe 30 showed up on a daily basis. Lecture is mind-numbingly slow, tedious, arduous, ambiguous, and almost always runs late. She likes to throw in additional readings on top of what is required and test them heavily. If you get her for lecture, just don't go and you'll be fine. If you get her for discussion...drop

05/02/2010
good
Eng303 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Very good teacher. Knows her stuff and was always prepared. Lots and lots of reading. Gave me a good understanding of lit. theory and even made me like the subject.

04/10/2010
CH202 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

I had her for class and discussion. You only need to know how to do 2 things to ace this class, read and write. If you try to fake your way through it you will fail. However, if you do the reading and can write a decent paper you are fine.

04/08/2010
CH201 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I'm usually pretty fair when it comes to rating teachers, and I don't mind hard work... but this class with Harvey is ridiculous! She is sooooo boring, and so far almost 2/3 of the tests are things that weren't even talked about in lecture... it's just random stuff! AVOID AT ALL COSTS!

11/18/2009
CH201 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

She is horrible. She arrives late and her lectures are boring and most of the material in them isn't even on the test. I would suggest never to take a class from her!!

05/28/2009
CH202 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Ugh. Do not take her. Worst lecturer-all over the place. Her essay questions were disasters. Way too many books too which some were only used for the dumb pictures. Showed up late on several occasions then kept us late. Has to constantly look at paper when she lectures. was frusturated on several occasions with her grading of my papers.

03/27/2009
ch202 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I unfortunately had her as both a teacher and a discussion leader, and she assigns her disc. groups an essay a week- on top of the 5 essays she assigns in class. she lectures poorly, even with the outline, and the amount of reading is absurd. she had us buy one book for the pics in it because she thought we'd like the pics. 11 books for this class!

01/25/2009
good

Harvey was my favorite teacher last semester. Her lectures were loaded with interesting content and her no-nonsense critiques of all writing assignments were well thought out and helpful. This was not an easy class but Harvey always prepared a lecture guideline which was posted on WEB CAMPUS prior to lecture.

12/12/2008
CH201 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

This class is really a waste of time. Harvey tries really hard, but its really all missed placed. SO MUCH READING! her tests are extremely different and useless.

12/08/2008

do not take this class from her. absolutely terrible.

12/05/2008

she tries to hard in all the wrong places. Paper topics are too long and over the top and she assigns way too much reading. Don't take her class if you don't have too.

07/08/2008

I would highly recommend taking ANY other professor for CH than her, if possible. I did ALL the readings, sometimes more than once because I realized quickly that this class was going to be difficult with her. It felt like she was out to get every student in her class! I hated this class with her and many of my classmates agreed.

11/26/2007
ch202 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

In my academic career this is the worst class I have ever taken. This professor is ridiculous; she assigns more reading than all four of my upper division courses combined. Her lectures are confusing and hard to follow and her exams often do not reflect the material she lectures on. Also, this instructor has no sense of punctuality; she shows up