in Chemeketa Community College that teach Biology Edit
Professor in the Biology department
at Chemeketa Community College, Salem, OR
are you Doug Ure?

03/23/2014
Bi 101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

After seeing all the negative reviews i felt the need to stand up for Doug. He's a good teacher. Yes alot of reading, but not that much homework. I took this as a frosh, went to every lecture and lab and field trip. I never studied for exams which he gave out study guides for. i showed up and nearly got a B The other commenters are a bunchowhiners

12/21/2013
good
BI101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

After reading all of the negative comments I had to leave one. I heard Mr. Uri was very tough. In my opinion I loved his class and I loved coming to lectures and listening to him talk. I wish I could take this class again or the ones after. Unfortunately they are not apart of my major. If you want to learn, take Uri. I still say hi to him in halls.

12/09/2013
BI 101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

By far the worst teacher I have ever had. A ridiculous amount of homework for every few points. Field trips that weren't ever discussed in lab or lecture. You never get your test or papers back on time, or if ever. He's never in his office, and never reply's to emails at reasonable times. This class is not worth taking.

12/08/2013
BI101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: A

He is good at lecturing but very disorganized and procrastinates giving us out papers and tests back when he says he will. It is finals week and we still haven't received our last test to study from or our study guide which both were supposed to be given to us a week and a half ago. Not just for this last tests but for the past ones as well

11/19/2013
BI 101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Worst professor for helpfulness; questions answered in condescending way. Obscene amounts of homework for reading material (few points), lab work & field trips required outside of class. Tests were brutal, requiring HUGE amounts of memorization from lectures, but lectures were always BEHIND. Homework not returned to study from. TERRIBLE CLASS

11/19/2013
BI 101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

The most unhelpful instructor I've had. Obscene amounts of reading, lab work, & field trips outside of the class. Tests were brutal, requiring HUGE amounts of memorization on material not covered in lectures which were continually BEHIND the syllabus. Not helpful in responding to questions & homework/labs NOT returned to study from. TERRIBLE CLASS!

07/03/2013
BIO 103 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

DO NOT TAKE HIS CLASS!!!! Ridiculous amount of homework, the tests were extremely difficult. He says you can go to him for help but trust me you will not want to. I will have nightmares about this class for a long time. Seriously do not take his class you will regret it.

06/23/2013
BIO143 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

By the end of the term we were about two chapters behind so you couldn't follow the syllabus. Lectures were lengthy and sometimes off topic and i found myself gaining far more information from the text. Homework was useless and went unchecked while tests required a great deal of detail knowledge. STUDY FROM THE BOOK! Even though he says dont!

06/19/2013
BI143 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I started out really liking Ure and this class but by the end that was not the case. I emailed him several times with no response. LOts of homework, extra lab work outside of class, and brutal tests. I did learn a ton from the book but Ure's lectures were dull and lacked interaction. The field trips were very lengthy but were educational and fun.

03/23/2013
BI101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

SO AWFUL. Awful work load, awful tests, awful lectures. Plus a 16 hour field trip & volunteer project (both on your OWN time)?? And I got an A, which should tell you how hard I had to work (no coasting in this class!) and I still have war flashbacks to this class. Save yourself the misery.