Doug Ure at Chemeketa Community College

Doug Ure

Number of ratings 58 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

3/23/14

Bi 101

After seeing all the negative reviews i felt the need to stand up for Doug. He's a good teacher. Yes alot of reading, but not that much homework. I took this as a frosh, went to every lecture and lab and field trip. I never studied for exams which he gave out study guides for. i showed up and nearly got a B The other commenters are a bunchowhiners

12/21/13

BI101

After reading all of the negative comments I had to leave one. I heard Mr. Uri was very tough. In my opinion I loved his class and I loved coming to lectures and listening to him talk. I wish I could take this class again or the ones after. Unfortunately they are not apart of my major. If you want to learn, take Uri. I still say hi to him in halls.

12/9/13

BI 101

By far the worst teacher I have ever had. A ridiculous amount of homework for every few points. Field trips that weren't ever discussed in lab or lecture. You never get your test or papers back on time, or if ever. He's never in his office, and never reply's to emails at reasonable times. This class is not worth taking.

12/8/13

BI101

He is good at lecturing but very disorganized and procrastinates giving us out papers and tests back when he says he will. It is finals week and we still haven't received our last test to study from or our study guide which both were supposed to be given to us a week and a half ago. Not just for this last tests but for the past ones as well

11/19/13

BI 101

Worst professor for helpfulness; questions answered in condescending way. Obscene amounts of homework for reading material (few points), lab work & field trips required outside of class. Tests were brutal, requiring HUGE amounts of memorization from lectures, but lectures were always BEHIND. Homework not returned to study from. TERRIBLE CLASS

11/19/13

BI 101

The most unhelpful instructor I've had. Obscene amounts of reading, lab work, & field trips outside of the class. Tests were brutal, requiring HUGE amounts of memorization on material not covered in lectures which were continually BEHIND the syllabus. Not helpful in responding to questions & homework/labs NOT returned to study from. TERRIBLE CLASS!

7/3/13

BIO 103

DO NOT TAKE HIS CLASS!!!! Ridiculous amount of homework, the tests were extremely difficult. He says you can go to him for help but trust me you will not want to. I will have nightmares about this class for a long time. Seriously do not take his class you will regret it.

6/23/13

BIO143

By the end of the term we were about two chapters behind so you couldn't follow the syllabus. Lectures were lengthy and sometimes off topic and i found myself gaining far more information from the text. Homework was useless and went unchecked while tests required a great deal of detail knowledge. STUDY FROM THE BOOK! Even though he says dont!

6/19/13

BI143

I started out really liking Ure and this class but by the end that was not the case. I emailed him several times with no response. LOts of homework, extra lab work outside of class, and brutal tests. I did learn a ton from the book but Ure's lectures were dull and lacked interaction. The field trips were very lengthy but were educational and fun.

3/23/13

BI101

SO AWFUL. Awful work load, awful tests, awful lectures. Plus a 16 hour field trip & volunteer project (both on your OWN time)?? And I got an A, which should tell you how hard I had to work (no coasting in this class!) and I still have war flashbacks to this class. Save yourself the misery.

3/14/13

BIO 102

I was not too happy with this class. Doug is nice and all but his clarity on class topics was not what I would have wanted it to be. He's a really hard grader and apart from that he doesn't lecture well for the tests he hands out. I regret taking this class with him.

3/14/13

BI102

I regret taking this class with this instructor. He makes you feel so stupid whenever you ask a question.

3/10/13

BIO102

His lecture class was alright, got of the topic most of the time and with not even an hour for class. Annoys me how little points we get for doing chapter homework. Most chapter assignments assigned were more than 5 pages and only 3 points.

12/7/12

BIO153

He is a really nice teacher. I went to his office multiple times to get help. He spent a lot time explaining concepts to me, and he really seems to want us to understand, But this class was very difficult and half the class dropped. he packs a lot of material into a sort amount of time. i would recommend having a study group. it saved me.

12/3/12

Bio101

Doug has so much excitement for Bio, but does not teach it well. He goes through power points for lecture. The redeeming quality for this class is that you do not have to do well on the 4 tests he gives. as long as you turn in everything you can pass with a c. and they drop the lowest lab scores as well as an option for extra credit each week.

6/12/12

BI143

He is extremely knowledgeable but doesn't do a great job at actually teaching the material. The amount of material was overwhelming, a lot of the material was repetitive, the tests were hard and there was an overall lack of organization to the class. I did learn a lot, however I feel like the class could have been more interesting.

1/1/12

bio101

compared to the other biology teachers at ccc, he is over the top when it comes to difficulty. honestly he is very straight foward. but it is very hard.

12/8/11

BI101

He was always extremely helpful and not at all burnt out, rather the opposite. There were multiple occasions where other students and I would stay after class for nearly an hour talking to him. He always explained things in detail and was VERY encouraging. You really have to work to get a good grade, but it's worth it. I'm taking him again for 102.

11/30/11

bi103

I'm surprised to see so many negative comments. Unlike many classes, I feel like I actually learned a thing or two. His tests are tough and you have to do the readings. However, you can makeup tests and labs and earn E.C. If you have a question he loves to help. I would take him again.

6/7/11

BI103

I think this class should have had a pre-req for 101 or 102 to be completed first. This instructor has an extreme skill at making you feel completely inept. There is a lot of homework that you will spend hours doing, homework that is not checked for accuracy - then you only receive minimum points, oh yeah, and these are what you supposed to use f

More Biology professors at Chemeketa Community College