in San Jose City College that teach English Edit
Jan Adkins
at San Jose City College, San Jose, CA
are you Jan Adkins?

12/20/2013
engl335 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: A

Super easy class, but horrible teacher! We've been working on our final assignment for the last 5 weeks of class. She checked everyone's topic, and said mine was good. One week before the due date for that final, she told me it was not what she wanted and I needed to start from 0. Rude to students, and very disorganized.

08/08/2013
good
English 335 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

She is a very good teacher if you really want to learn. She tends to be mean in the begginingm. If you participate, do your homework and ask for help/ the right questions she will help you. It's not an easy class. She those require a lot of work. She is easy at times. Overall, even though I didn't pass the class for personal reasons, I learned alot

11/22/2011
Eng335 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I was very excited to start school and learn more. But in my opinion,she wasn't very clear on assignments assigned to us for homework.She skips around a lot instead of staying focus on one chapter at a time.If I didn't reg. late for class or have to take an evening class I would have never choose her.So I suggest picking another professor.

06/07/2011
good
Eng1B Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

I took English 1B with Mrs Adkins last Spring 2011. I hate English and I would not have taken it if it wasn't required. Mrs Adkins made the class challenging and bearable at the same time. I highly recommend her if you truly want to improve in your English. She's not an easy teacher. There will be lots of work, but just keep up with the homework!

05/05/2009
Eng1B Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

I took her for 1A and 1B last year. Class was interesting but focused mostly on works within the text, no outside reading. Essays were hard and there were many timed writings. Not a very fun class.

12/17/2008
eng1a Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

not clear at all.

12/09/2007
eng1a Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

I felt Ms. Adkins went through the material way too fast in the beginning, but she slowed down at the end. Overall, course was okay. Homework load wasn't too bad, expect to have a lot of reading assignments. She doesn't explain very well on how she wants us to write but if you read the sections in the book carefully, you'll manage to do okay.