Jessica Magnani at St. Petersburg College (all campuses)

Jessica Magnani

Number of ratings 31 / Average Grade:  B- Submit a correction

7/11/14

ENC1102

Class was organized, the quizzes, Mid-term and Final are very easy. The essays on the other hand were a bit of a challenge, probably because it was a short summer semester, didn’t have much time. Dr. Magani was helpful. if you email her later in the afternoon, she’ll respond the next day. So all in all, I do recommend her.

7/7/14

ENC 1102

I took Professor Magnani for Comp 1 and 2 online. She is a pretty easy going teacher. She gives samples of her past students work to help guide you on your papers. She will help you, but make sure you email her early enough because she is a little slow on responding and grading. Other than that not a bad teacher.

4/27/14

AML1600

Grade ReceivedB-

She's a very tough grader and expects you to be able to at least to a grad level, so if you are not into writing too much would not recommend. She has a Doctorate in Literature so her expectations are extremely high!!

12/18/13

ENC 1102

Grade ReceivedD

She waits to grade your work til the very end of the week. Do NOT take her online. The highest grade i got(A) in her class was on a few short story multiple choice test. Other than that she loves giving C grades.

12/9/13

ENC1102

Never knew when she graded stuff, and when she does, she grades hard without much feedback. I only used the Norton Intro to Lit book although another book was recommended. If I were you, don't buy the Little, Brown Handbook. Didn't enjoy the class, but composition is not my favorite subject.

12/6/12

ENC1102

She is ok. The class is a little boring. There is a fair amount of homework. The final is 8 pages! She will give you a chance to submit and correct your work before the final grade is applied.

11/5/12

ENC2410

Rude and not helpful at all. Never checks emails and offers to assist even after class. oh and dont bring your laptop no allowed to use in class.

12/6/11

LIT2110

DR. MAGNANI IS A GREAT TEACHER, SHE IS HIGHLY INTELLIGENT AND ASSISTS IN ANY WAY SHE CAN, HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! AND SHE IS GORGEOUS!

9/28/11

ENC1102

Not enjoyable at all. I sit there and she expects us to know what the writings are about. Hey I'm only supposed to come to class, not enjoy it. You have to really take notes about what she thinks about the writings or else you will be lost on how to write the papers. It's either her way or the highway.

8/10/10

ENC1101

This professor is amazing! I took her for comp 1 and chose her again for LIT2110. She's very helpful & willing to assist you when needed. Do the reading & participate in class & you will have no problem passing. She requires use of MLA format for all essays. I will recommend her to anyone who is looking for a great professor!

4/19/10

LIT2110

Be prepared to read, write and discuss in class. It is, after all, the purpose of taking it. She is informative and very helpful when you ask. She will expect you to follow MLA and stresses this whenever you write an essay/paper to be turned in. If she feels no one is reading, she will give a quiz. Would definitely take her again.

4/15/10

ENC1101

This lady is a whack job!! She has so many degrees that she just assumes everyone should know what the hell she talks about. If its not the answer she wants to hear your wrong. If your not advanced in writing it is not good enough. She teaches World Lit and 1102 and one 1101 class I think she is teaching us 1102 I would not recommend her!!

4/2/10

ENC1102

A lot of what she says goes right over my head so I could not understand some things she meant. So if you get confused easily then do not take her. If you don't like to speak out and express her self then you will not enjoy this class. She is very smart and is a great teacher, but she was just not for me.

3/31/10

ENC1101

Comp 1, papers have to be 4-5 pages, final 6-8 pages, your rough drafts are peer reviewed, alot of analyzing short stories,work in groups to answer questions about short stories. She goes by syllabus. If you do not mind this stuff then take her.

3/28/10

Comp102

I took her for Comp 2 and at first I didnt like her teaching style, but after a while I really enjoyed her class. I really struggled with this class, but she was very helpful whenever I asked any questions.

10/19/09

ENC1101

Very helpful, very understanding. Clear with directions.

9/14/09

ENC1102

She didn't show up for the first two or three lectures and I felt as if the assignments were irrelevant and not very interesting. I decided this class wasn't for me and dropped it and I'm very happy with my new Composition II class that I'm currently enrolled in.

6/13/09

enc1102

Shes is easy but a stickler on papers and grades. If you dont get her attention the first few days she hates you. Wrote a paper, got a F on it because i didnt site one sentence....come on? If you are shy and dont feel the need to talk when learning, then do not take her. Calls you out in class and makes you look like a fool. Same stuff everyday

6/11/09

COMP1

Prof. Magnani is nothing short of inspirational. I have had her for Comp. I Hon, Comp. II Hon., and World Lit. I Hon. I have yet to receive a grade lower than "A" in her class. If you need help--she's there. If emotionally you are struggling--she is there. Anyone would be a fool not to take her. She is extremely bright and engaging. TAKE HER.

6/8/09

Fantastic!

More English professors at St. Petersburg College (all campuses)