in University of Massachusetts that teach Education Edit
at University of Massachusetts, Amherst, MA
are you Theresa Austin?

06/08/2013
good
ed611 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

helpful if you ask for itworks with a ta is pre3ety helpful too

05/16/2012
EDU611 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Disorganized. Frustrating. She randomly adds assignments. Majority of students were confused throughout the semester as to what she wanted. Our "collaboration" with Canadian teachers was poorly managed, little information was given to go on. She is condescending when talking to group, nice one on one. Don't take class if you don't have to.

04/06/2011
educ611 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I feel disrespected by this prof. She is disorganized, inefficient, all while being condescending. I get the feeling she is full of herself and her importance. Also concerned with racial issues, as she seems to favor the asian students. Previous demeaning comments about less intelligent people show you the caliber of students who respect he.

08/26/2010
good
educ611 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

great community of learning friendly, yet challenging. made the course a place for learning difficult items.she's a great role model

08/05/2010
good
ed611 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

She knows how to help you question your assumptions.I thought I knew a lot about testing. But she began with some questions and this helped me be more open to finding answers. Some others want THE answers but I enjoyed inquiry & learned more than expected. I loved how she challenged us. She didn't just give a model to imitate. We created our own.

06/30/2010
good
Ed611 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Loved the course's sense of community and collaboration. She made it open and to discuss very difficult ideas. I thought I was not going to do well in such a class. But I learned so much.The assignments were open-ended and lots of feedback. No grading until end. People shared ideas in assignments helping make final project manageable &meaningful.

06/14/2010
good
ed611 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

great use of technology.weekly agendas were great. we teleconferenced with Canadian students and teachers.Really cool discussions.Assignments built into projects. loved the choices and collaboration.nothing due until end. everything treated as working drafts, thinking pieces-great for learning methods.lots of feedback given

06/09/2010
good
educ611 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

awesome course! I hated testing but learned a lot.She helped explain things and went out of the way to give clear feedback. The weekly assignments fit into course projects. Genious!Loved group research-would defintely take her course.Great collaboration.Be ready to bust your a..but worth it

05/09/2010
EDUC611 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Where is my rating? Posted 2 weeks ago and it's gone! This prof is the most disorganized and baffling teacher EVER. Could not keep things straight, changed assignments midstream, missed several classes, some topics in class seemed completely irrelevant. No grading till the end, no idea how well you were doing in class, incorrect syllabus, STAY AWAY

02/10/2010
EDU611 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

We had a meeting about a very important paper I sent weeks in advance. She show up late, cut our allotted time short, and it seemed like she was reading it for the first time. Took over a month of emailing and calling to even get a meeting. I get that she's busy, but this wasn't isolated incident. So disorganized, don't waste your time.

12/14/2009
good
EDUC611 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

if you are a slacker, don't take this course.She'll work your... & you'll thank her for it later. One of the most meaningful classes I have taken. It made me think about testing in a different light.I think her fault is that sometimes she lets some less capable students dominate the class with their needs-though helpful for review-they slow it down

09/03/2009
good

she helps a lot, but demand s a lot.Expects cooperation and treats even mentally challenged students (we had 2 in our class) to perform better.

07/28/2009
EDUC611 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Knowledgeable teacher but completely disorganized and always at least 15 minutes late to class. Hard to follow her notes, directions, and agendas. Not very culturally responsive teaching practices.