Mark Skorick at Brookhaven College

Number of ratings 53 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

6/14/14

Govt 2305-25401

Grade ReceivedWD

This professor was not a good one. If you are in a short term class, that does not mean unload all the chapters onto your students. He was not helpful. He spent more time sending harassment emails instead of lending a hand and assisting the students. I recommend no one take this class with this professor. I definitely did not enjoy the class at all

6/3/14

GOVT 2305

Despite such a challenging class, I enjoyed his lectures. They were engaging and inspiring. He is really dedicated and knowledgeable about his major. He is willing to give hard-working students opportunities to gain good grades as long as they show him their progress. Above all, I am one of his "fans" !

3/26/14

GOVT - 2305

If you are a very organized person then this class will be fine. Everything is laid out well but he goes a bit overboard on his policies. I forgot to post a 100 word response on a discussion board and it resulted in me receiving a 50% on the project. In my opinion that is just ridiculous. If that drops me from an A to a B I will be livid

12/26/13

GOVT2306

People here give a bad review that scare you off or you get that kid who is a kiss ass which wont help unless you are a kiss ass yourself. Yes he is a hard teacher, but he gives you all the tools to succeed. No I didnt make an A on the class but I didnt fail either. He has tought me the most out of all professors iv had He is an incredible teacher.

12/17/13

GOVT 2305

Very hard class! Took online. 14 chapter tests, 30 questions in 30 minutes. Chapters are around 40 pages long, very detailed. Essays and discussion boards have to have citations. Can't use text book for references. Crazy!! If you are going to major in government, go for it. Don't forget the POTUS. This class was tough!! Earned a "B"

8/10/13

GOVT 2305

Howdy Ags! Apparently a bunch of us took Skorick this summer since he is a former student! WHOOOP!!! Anyways, Skorick's online 2305 was super organized and clear, but it wasn't as easy as some of the other online courses you can find. My roomate took his 2306 and said it was the same

7/30/13

govt 1302

Tough but fair. Amount of work was what I expected for a summer course. I would take him again

7/29/13

GOVT 2305

Top-ranked professor! Very clear and focused. Apparently people expect to have everything handed to them these days. He's not easy, but he's not horrible either. Just like any other quality college class, you do the work and you get the grade you deserve. I got an A and I worked my butt off. I was so proud of myself to get an A in his class!

7/17/13

Govt 2305

I took this class during the summer. The teacher made this class hard and tedious. The reading of the book was quite easy, the quizzes were too difficult, with two tries, I still only made C's and I am an A student. Discussion boards are difficult,pointless, and add an essay and end of semester project. STAY AWAY FROM THIS PROFESSOR.

7/9/13

GOVT 2302-26405

If you're only taking this class to fulfill your core classes and this is not going to be part of your life-long career & doesn't interest you--STAY AWAY, FAR AWAY! This goes beyond understanding the basics, concepts, and ideas. The workload is unnecessary for a basic. Trust me, I took this during the summer; too much work for any semester.

7/4/13

GOVT 2302

Okay, so I practically made this thread to make his easiness rankings go up guys. He is very easy, however, if you do all of the work. A bit strict and by the book, but that is because of the phD. You can make an A; he does offer extra credit too! good luck Take him online!!!!!!! Breeze to pass the class!

6/21/13

GOVT 2305

He's a really great teacher. Very, very passionate. He made Govt interesting and fun!

5/29/13

GOVT-2301

Dr. Skorick is passionate about his classes and expects the same from his students, rightfully so. I greatly appreciated his unbiased dedication to the importance of government in our society as well as historically throughout the world. Do yourself a favor and take his class...but be prepared to earn your grade and participate. Bill Michel

5/9/13

GOVT 2302

Great professor. Highly recommend you take this one or Prof. Din at Brookhaven. Both are A++++

5/5/13

Govt 2305

This class was the most challenging I took in 3 yrs at Brookhaven. You have to actually work to pass. Doesn't take attendance, but if you miss class you fall behind FAST. I felt like his class gave me INSANE confidence in my ability to finish college, unlike other courses here. I wish I'd had more professors like Skorick, esp. early on. LOVE him!

1/5/13

govt1301

LOVED this professor! No classes were ever boring. Tests not that hard as long as you study and take notes. HE DOES GIVE RANDOM POP QUIZZES but they are normally open note so just be prepared and you will be ok.

12/23/12

GOVT1302

Highly recommended! I already took 1301 and 1302 with him. His online class is extremely well-organized and he posts in the board in a timely manner. You can expect a good feedback which helps you to improve. A lot of work but you will learn about politics for sure.

11/19/12

GOV2302

He is very smart, knows what he is teaching. A little challenging but that is what makes the class interesting. I would definitely recommend him

8/23/12

GOVT2302

I took both 2301 and 2302 both are hard and challenging but you learn alot. He is very funny and smart

7/25/12

GOVT2302

Stellar professor. Extremely intelligent and good sense of humor. Solid communication, feedback, and course organization. Nice to FINALLY have an online course where you actually are challenged and do more than read a book and take some tests.

More Government professors at Brookhaven College