in Brookhaven College that teach Government Edit
Professor in the Government department
at Brookhaven College, Dallas, TX
are you Mark Skorick?

06/14/2014
Govt 2305-25401 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: WD

This professor was not a good one. If you are in a short term class, that does not mean unload all the chapters onto your students. He was not helpful. He spent more time sending harassment emails instead of lending a hand and assisting the students. I recommend no one take this class with this professor. I definitely did not enjoy the class at all

06/03/2014
good
GOVT 2305 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Despite such a challenging class, I enjoyed his lectures. They were engaging and inspiring. He is really dedicated and knowledgeable about his major. He is willing to give hard-working students opportunities to gain good grades as long as they show him their progress. Above all, I am one of his "fans" !

03/26/2014
good
GOVT - 2305 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

If you are a very organized person then this class will be fine. Everything is laid out well but he goes a bit overboard on his policies. I forgot to post a 100 word response on a discussion board and it resulted in me receiving a 50% on the project. In my opinion that is just ridiculous. If that drops me from an A to a B I will be livid

12/26/2013
good
GOVT2306 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

People here give a bad review that scare you off or you get that kid who is a kiss ass which wont help unless you are a kiss ass yourself. Yes he is a hard teacher, but he gives you all the tools to succeed. No I didnt make an A on the class but I didnt fail either. He has tought me the most out of all professors iv had He is an incredible teacher.

12/17/2013
GOVT 2305 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Very hard class! Took online. 14 chapter tests, 30 questions in 30 minutes. Chapters are around 40 pages long, very detailed. Essays and discussion boards have to have citations. Can't use text book for references. Crazy!! If you are going to major in government, go for it. Don't forget the POTUS. This class was tough!! Earned a "B"

08/10/2013
good
GOVT 2305 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Howdy Ags! Apparently a bunch of us took Skorick this summer since he is a former student! WHOOOP!!! Anyways, Skorick's online 2305 was super organized and clear, but it wasn't as easy as some of the other online courses you can find. My roomate took his 2306 and said it was the same

07/30/2013
good
govt 1302 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Tough but fair. Amount of work was what I expected for a summer course. I would take him again

07/29/2013
good
GOVT 2305 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Top-ranked professor! Very clear and focused. Apparently people expect to have everything handed to them these days. He's not easy, but he's not horrible either. Just like any other quality college class, you do the work and you get the grade you deserve. I got an A and I worked my butt off. I was so proud of myself to get an A in his class!

07/17/2013
Govt 2305 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

I took this class during the summer. The teacher made this class hard and tedious. The reading of the book was quite easy, the quizzes were too difficult, with two tries, I still only made C's and I am an A student. Discussion boards are difficult,pointless, and add an essay and end of semester project. STAY AWAY FROM THIS PROFESSOR.

07/09/2013
GOVT 2302-26405 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

If you're only taking this class to fulfill your core classes and this is not going to be part of your life-long career & doesn't interest you--STAY AWAY, FAR AWAY! This goes beyond understanding the basics, concepts, and ideas. The workload is unnecessary for a basic. Trust me, I took this during the summer; too much work for any semester.

07/04/2013
good
GOVT 2302 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Okay, so I practically made this thread to make his easiness rankings go up guys. He is very easy, however, if you do all of the work. A bit strict and by the book, but that is because of the phD. You can make an A; he does offer extra credit too! good luck Take him online!!!!!!! Breeze to pass the class!

06/21/2013
good
GOVT 2305 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

He's a really great teacher. Very, very passionate. He made Govt interesting and fun!

05/29/2013
good
GOVT-2301 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Skorick is passionate about his classes and expects the same from his students, rightfully so. I greatly appreciated his unbiased dedication to the importance of government in our society as well as historically throughout the world. Do yourself a favor and take his class...but be prepared to earn your grade and participate. Bill Michel

05/09/2013
good
GOVT 2302 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Great professor. Highly recommend you take this one or Prof. Din at Brookhaven. Both are A++++

05/05/2013
good
Govt 2305 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

This class was the most challenging I took in 3 yrs at Brookhaven. You have to actually work to pass. Doesn't take attendance, but if you miss class you fall behind FAST. I felt like his class gave me INSANE confidence in my ability to finish college, unlike other courses here. I wish I'd had more professors like Skorick, esp. early on. LOVE him!

01/05/2013
good
govt1301 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

LOVED this professor! No classes were ever boring. Tests not that hard as long as you study and take notes. HE DOES GIVE RANDOM POP QUIZZES but they are normally open note so just be prepared and you will be ok.

12/23/2012
good
GOVT1302 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Highly recommended! I already took 1301 and 1302 with him. His online class is extremely well-organized and he posts in the board in a timely manner. You can expect a good feedback which helps you to improve. A lot of work but you will learn about politics for sure.

11/19/2012
good
GOV2302 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

He is very smart, knows what he is teaching. A little challenging but that is what makes the class interesting. I would definitely recommend him

08/23/2012
good
GOVT2302 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I took both 2301 and 2302 both are hard and challenging but you learn alot. He is very funny and smart

07/25/2012
good
GOVT2302 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Stellar professor. Extremely intelligent and good sense of humor. Solid communication, feedback, and course organization. Nice to FINALLY have an online course where you actually are challenged and do more than read a book and take some tests.