John Fradel at Florida State University

John Fradel

Number of ratings 270 / Average Grade:  B+ Submit a correction

7/24/14

GEA 1000

Fradel ROCKS! He is an incredible teacher, the best I've had. This guy is really nuts. He has been everywhere even the bizarre places and has amazing stories to tell. Very entertaining. Love the clicker questions.

7/14/14

gea4500

Fradel is the most knowledgeable and entertaining professor at this university. He is hilarious without trying to be. His enthusiasm and his travel stories make paying attention very easy. I always like coming to class. I like how he uses movies to teach. I would highly recommend him for this class. Tests are not easy and you do have to study.

6/23/14

GEA4500

Grade ReceivedB+

brilliant teacher with an excellent mastery of his subject. Is very funny and makes class interesting. attendance not mandatory but you get extra credit for going. The tests arent hard you just need to memorize an huge amount of material. if you have an interest in traveling and cultural geography then this is a great class but not an easy A.

6/14/14

gea4500

Awesome dude, amazing class. straightforward and very funny!

5/20/14

gea 1000

Awesome class! This man can teach. He made the least interesting topic into a lecture I looked forward to everyday. He is hilarious and has no problem whatsoever helping you out. He loves what he is teaching and it shows. You absolutely HAVE to take Fradel if you are taking Geography.

5/9/14

Grade ReceivedC

This guy is amazing. He's really crass and raucous sometimes but just go with it he's great.It's only a level 1000 course, but he goes out of his way to make it a 4000 when it comes to tests

5/8/14

geo4930

Fradel is the best professor at FSU. Took him for all 4 of my required Geography courses. Attendance is optional, but if you do show up its a lot of extra points! I've never had a professor teach me so much!

5/1/14

GEA1000

I'm graduating this semester, I took Fradel spring of 2012. To this day, he has been the best professor I have ever had. All of the negative ratings are most likely from people who never showed up for class and waited until the hour before exams to study. He's difficult, but a great professor.

4/21/14

GEO 1000

Fradel is crazy and strict. Will throw countless people out of the room for using a phone etc. But if you listen to the lectures and take notes he is actually very interesting. By going and listening to every lecture you will easily succeed.

4/10/14

GEA 4635-0001

He's the best teacher I've ever had. I've never learned in any class than I did in this one. You NEEED to take it if you have the opportunity.

4/10/14

GEA 4635-0001

He's the best teacher I've ever had.

1/6/14

GEA 2210

FRADEL IS THE MAN

1/6/14

GEA1000

Fradel is the worst professor at FSU. He put things on the final that we had never covered in class. You have to know 100+ cities, countries and regions for each test, and pictures that correlate with the cities. The only way I made a B was because he dropped my lowest grade. If this class becomes your life, an A might be possible--but I doubt it.

1/3/14

GEA1000

Personally, I didn't like him at all. He was rude and egotistical. Not the most helpful teacher and you may as well not even buy the textbook. Expects you to remember everything he says. I had to drop this class.

12/23/13

GEA2210

I absolutely love this teacher! I took him this past fall and I was extremely nervous, to say the least. I got a 62 on my first test and I went and talked to him about it. He was really helpful and we talked about how I could improve my grade. There are 4 test including the final and these were my grades: 62, 92, 92, and 96! Study and attend class!

10/31/13

gea 1000

This is the best class that I ever had. Every class is like a live session of the Colbert Report. The guy is hilarious. Tests are hard but it helps a lot if you go to see him.

10/17/13

GEA 2210

He is incredibly offensive and rude. His tests are impossible and his lectures are useless.

10/10/13

GEA1000-03

Fradel will keep you interested in the material, and always seems to have a relevant story.

8/18/13

GEA 1000

Personally I thought he was awful. Very unhelpful as a teacher and rude as a person. Avoid him.

8/6/13

GEA 1000

He is a good professor, very knowledgeable and funny. You will learn a great deal on the class, but you need to take good notes, even the smallest detail will come up on the test. Just study and memorize the pictures!!!

More Geography professors at Florida State University