in Florida State University that teach Geography Edit
are you John Fradel?
B+
01/09/2015
good
MiddleEast Taken for Credit: Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: A-
"Tests? Not many" "Skip class? You won't pass." "Inspirational"

I have done four classes with him and I think that Middle East is his best. If you are looking to take another class with Fradel I highly recommend it. He is able to give lots of first hand experiences and stories that really made it interesting. We had live video conferences with students in Egypt, Lebanon and Gaza. Also the movies were really

12/24/2014
good
GEA1000 Taken for Credit: Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A
"There for you" "Hilarious" "Participation matters"

This is a great class but it is not easy. Fradel is a riot. He may be a Communist CIA agent with links to Alqaeeda. :-) DO NOT bring your cell to class or come late. If your late, it is better not to come.

12/15/2014
good
gea1000 Taken for Credit: Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: A-
"Hilarious" "Would take again" "Tests are tough"

The dude is a legend. His lectures are funny and informative and he makes you see the world through different lens. Easily one of the best teachers I have ever had and definitely the one I remember most. Don't be late to class. .

11/17/2014
good
gea1000 Taken for Credit: Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

have to pay attention, very clear with good teaching methods. if you do your work you should pass.

11/06/2014
good
GEA4500 Taken for Credit: Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: A-
"Would take again" "Tests are tough" "Hilarious"

Easily my favorite professor at FSU. Ive taken him on 3 occasions (1 1000 level class, 1 2000 level class, and 1 4000 thousand level class). In each course he makes you study in order to pass but the class is so worth it. He has been all over the world and knows a lot about everything. Hilarious man but he'll put you in your place. Amazing!

08/29/2014
good
gea4500 Taken for Credit: N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: A-

What more can I say about this guy. Take and Learn.

08/25/2014
good
gea 1000 Taken for Credit: N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Undoubtedly a hard class, but Fradel is such an interesting and knowledgeable professor that it's worth taking him. Has a very blunt yet humorous outlook on class material.

07/24/2014
good
GEA 1000 Taken for Credit: N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Fradel ROCKS! He is an incredible teacher, the best I've had. This guy is really nuts. He has been everywhere even the bizarre places and has amazing stories to tell. Very entertaining. Love the clicker questions.

07/14/2014
good
gea4500 Taken for Credit: N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Fradel is the most knowledgeable and entertaining professor at this university. He is hilarious without trying to be. His enthusiasm and his travel stories make paying attention very easy. I always like coming to class. I like how he uses movies to teach. I would highly recommend him for this class. Tests are not easy and you do have to study.

06/23/2014
good
GEA4500 Taken for Credit: N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: B+

brilliant teacher with an excellent mastery of his subject. Is very funny and makes class interesting. attendance not mandatory but you get extra credit for going. The tests arent hard you just need to memorize an huge amount of material. if you have an interest in traveling and cultural geography then this is a great class but not an easy A.

06/14/2014
good
gea4500 Taken for Credit: N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Awesome dude, amazing class. straightforward and very funny!

05/20/2014
good
gea 1000 Taken for Credit: N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: A

Awesome class! This man can teach. He made the least interesting topic into a lecture I looked forward to everyday. He is hilarious and has no problem whatsoever helping you out. He loves what he is teaching and it shows. You absolutely HAVE to take Fradel if you are taking Geography.

05/09/2014
good
GEA1000 Taken for Credit: N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: C

This guy is amazing. He's really crass and raucous sometimes but just go with it he's great.It's only a level 1000 course, but he goes out of his way to make it a 4000 when it comes to tests

05/08/2014
good
geo4930 Taken for Credit: N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: A

Fradel is the best professor at FSU. Took him for all 4 of my required Geography courses. Attendance is optional, but if you do show up its a lot of extra points! I've never had a professor teach me so much!

05/01/2014
good
GEA1000 Taken for Credit: N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I'm graduating this semester, I took Fradel spring of 2012. To this day, he has been the best professor I have ever had. All of the negative ratings are most likely from people who never showed up for class and waited until the hour before exams to study. He's difficult, but a great professor.

04/21/2014
good
GEO 1000 Taken for Credit: N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Fradel is crazy and strict. Will throw countless people out of the room for using a phone etc. But if you listen to the lectures and take notes he is actually very interesting. By going and listening to every lecture you will easily succeed.

04/10/2014
good
GEA 4635-0001 Taken for Credit: N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

He's the best teacher I've ever had. I've never learned in any class than I did in this one. You NEEED to take it if you have the opportunity.

04/10/2014
good

He's the best teacher I've ever had.

01/06/2014
good
GEA 2210 Taken for Credit: N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: A

FRADEL IS THE MAN

01/06/2014
GEA1000 Taken for Credit: N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Fradel is the worst professor at FSU. He put things on the final that we had never covered in class. You have to know 100+ cities, countries and regions for each test, and pictures that correlate with the cities. The only way I made a B was because he dropped my lowest grade. If this class becomes your life, an A might be possible--but I doubt it.