in University at Buffalo (SUNY Buffalo) that teach Philosophy Edit
are you John Corcoran?
1.9

11/09/2013
good
Phil 585 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

John's course was unforgettable.Competence in logic did not come easily to me. In John's class, I was engaged and challenged. He was a masterful logician and teacher. As a person, John was unfailingly encouraging, patient, and supportive. I might never have become competent in logic if I encountered a less willing and less able teacher.

11/07/2012
good
Logic517 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

John is a teacher and an awesome person. Bring your brain. Prepare for a journey that will change your life. John helps you remember the full breadth of your question with a dynamic tour of philosophy through logic that tasks your breath away. John inspires intellectual curiosity and his class notes are priceless. Thanks John you changed my life.

11/03/2012
good
LIN414 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Socrates' "the unexamined life is not worth living" has a corollary - clarity and honesty. John Corcoran teaches people how to think: Clearly, not skipping steps; honestly, uncovering every assumption. He changed my life as a result.

08/06/2012
good
PHIL615 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

John is a spectacularly good teacher. His writing is as clear as I have ever encountered, and he always makes time for clarifying difficult issues. I am a better thinker for having had him as my teacher.

08/03/2012
good
Phi517 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

John has a near madness for clarity, rigor, and economy of thought and expression that is highly contagious. I didn't appreciate until I published my first paper in an elite philosophy journal just how much John had done for me.

01/06/2011
good
PHI517 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Before this course, I had close to no adequate understanding of logic. During the course, I was more confused about logic than before taking his class. However toward the end, after altering my study habits, John has proved to be the most important teacher thus far in my education. In the past I had no interest in logic, now I believe it vital.

12/19/2010
good
PHI517 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

If easy means you don't have to work, he's hard. If easy means he starts at the beginning, says exactly what he means, and is truly invested in helping you succeed, John is the easiest professor I have studied with. John's classes taught me to consider every word I type/say. My LSAT increased 18 points to a 177 after John's classes. Many thanks!

12/08/2010
good
PHIL519 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

John is a delight to work with. Logic is very dear to him and this comes through in his teaching. He knows his stuff too.

10/24/2010
good
PHIL517 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

John C has shaped my intellectual foundations for both precise writing and clear thinking more than any one else in my academic training. His ability to explain logical and philosophical concepts in deceptively simple common language is unmatched in my experience, and is an ideal towards which I always strive. Forgot my grade, but it's irrelevant!

09/28/2010
good
PHI517 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Best course I have taken. It is good preparation for a graduate student wishing to teach logic. Clear terminology used precisely. The central concepts are well covered. I would also recommend it to those who have taken mathematical logic courses and want to relate what they have learnt to philosophy. Watch out! It is deceptively simple.