in University of Michigan that teach Anthropology Edit
are you Milford Wolpoff?
A+

04/29/2014
good
Anthrbio 475 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: A+

This class was really interesting. Prof Wolpoff is kind of intimidating at first, but he's really friendly and loves when you go to office hours. His lectures are kind of hard to follow, but only the big ideas will be on the exam. They are also entertaining since he has so many stories about all of the anthropologists you learn about.

04/20/2013
good
Anth365 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

He is very enthusiastic and willing to help you. His lecture slides are sometimes hard to understand, but if you are confused you can just ask him and he is willing to answer all questions. You can really tell he loves his field and he makes this class interesting.

11/07/2012
good
Anth365 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Professor Wolpoff is one of the best professors I have ever had and is by far my favorite Professor for seminars. I highly recommend his grad level class seminars, they are really interesting and he provides so much interesting information. Taking 365 is a prereq, also enjoyable, but I would definitely recommend taking the seminars!

01/26/2012
anbio365 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Having a background in human evolution would make this class much easier. He used a lot of advanced terms and scientific names without explaining. I was always confused in lecture. I had to decipher his slides and learn a lot on my own. The actual info was very interesting once I figured it out though! Discussion is great. Readings arent necessary.

12/11/2011
good
Bio365 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Very enthusiastic and is a leader in the anthrobio field. But if you don't have a general interest in the topic it can be a little difficult and uninteresting.

12/04/2011
ANTHR365 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Wolpoff is hands down my favorite professor at U-M. He is fun to listen to, with good and interesting stories that add to the content of his lectures. The books are a bit hefty and hard to get through - they are quite dense, but overall it's a good experience from start to finish.

07/18/2010
good
abio569 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I really liked him as a professor. He did get off on tangents at times, but I think he made up for it in his grading. I took a grad level class with him and I got an A.

03/11/2010
good
anth365 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I took a few classes with Wolpoff during my undergrad and he was my favorite professor at UofM. The class is not difficult as long as you study prior to the exams. Lectures were enjoyable and interesting!

12/30/2009
good
Anthr365 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Wolpoff is tough and his lectures are disorganized but i really enjoyed the class. It was very interesting and I learned a lot! Just be prepared to work hard for an "A"! I had a great GSI too so that helped a lot! I'd recommend 365 if you are an Anthrbio major/minor.

11/26/2008
ANTHR365 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I was very excited to take this class, but I regret it. His lectures are ridiculous, CANNOT follow them. Lab did not help at all, it is a class of its own. Though he seems like a great person, always happy and wanting you to ask questions. But people are so lost they don't know what to ask. Only thing I understood was HIS theory of evolution...