Ricardo Jara at Golden West College

Ricardo Jara

Number of ratings 12 / Average Grade:  B+ Submit a correction

3/25/14

AP Chemistry

Dr. Jara is knowledgeable and if you would take you time to talk to him you will learn beyond the scope of the class. He loves chemistry and made me love it to. I'm not saying he's easy because he is not. He will make you think critically which is something that frustrated me but it something today's youth needs.

11/17/13

Chem 110

First half of semester is easy, second half becomes difficult. Unit quizzes every week with a lengthy packet to complete. Midterm and Final are multiple choice. Difficult if you cannot commit time to this class, but doable.

7/10/13

CHEM 110

Chemistry is not my favorite, but got an A in his class. He gave hints of what will be on the quizzes, exams; so come to the class, pay attention, and you should get an A.

1/26/12

Chem110

Take Jara, his class is not mandatory but i don't suggest to skip class or you will be lost when coming back to class. He doesnt really teach but he will take the time with you to understand or clarify it. also, his extra credit helps a lot!! If you do well in his HW and quiz you will be ok

12/23/10

CHEM110

I go to CSUF, but needed this class. I never have had a teacher that didn't actually teach. He started teaching during the second part of the semester which is also when my grade picked up a lot. Do well on the labs and do the extra credit. I did awful on quizzes and ended up with an 85%.

7/5/10

Chem110

If I could turn back time, i would take this class with Professor Almy. They are all hard, but Jara is the hardest one. I tried my best: doin homework, goin to the tutor center, but guess what I got C. thank you so much for ignorin ur students Mr. Jara !

7/5/10

Chem110

I have no idea if he could even be a good teacher since I learned everything by MYSELF.I am getting an B bc I work my %^& off.I would NOT recommend taking him .His lectures are useless which is why nobody goes. Coming from a UC, maybe I was spoiled with some amazing chem profs so when I compare my prior chem prof to Jara, i think Jara is terrible

6/8/09

Chem110

He's a very good professor! Nice and approachable. B is easy, work for your A. You wont regret taking him!

5/29/09

Chem110

Take chemistry with jara!!!.... it is a hard subject but with his extra credit, a B is definetly possible and work a little bit harder for an A.

5/13/09

CHEM110

Great professor. He knows his stuff, is straight forward. Very friendly, even jokes around. Totally approachable. Extra credits left and right. And most importantly, he is very human and understanding.

11/25/08

chem110

hey you guys like independ studying you should do this. He doesn't lecture. He just lets you listen to the audio and figure things on your own. If you have question you may ask but remember to line up after 20 other student. This guy was useless. but if you take him have fun

6/5/08

Chem110

sooooo easy a B so i say go for him

More Chemistry professors at Golden West College