Lachlan Galbraith at Paradise Valley Community College

Lachlan Galbraith

Number of ratings 19 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

7/30/12

ENG1062

I hate english and have always done poor in it but in his class if you just pay attention put up with his ridiculous humor and do what he asked you'll get a decent grade. I got a B in his class just for just completing the assignments and i know i didnt do to hot in them

5/12/12

ENG102

Dr. Galbraith is an excellent professor of English at PVCC. I just finished 102, and his class was definitely not jejune! I learned a ton about writing. He answered all questions that students had and was always available to us. If he taught another ENG course other than rhetoric, I would certainly take it.

1/27/12

ENG101

Dr. Galbraith was a strict and disciplined instructor, but if you want to learn to write, then you're in the right class. I spent an enormous amount of time studying and writing, but I think I learned a lot. You will not float through this class that is for sure, but if you do the work and the extra credit,you should do alright. The book is a must.

1/8/12

ENG101

I loved Dr. Galbraith overall because he is very helpful and he recommended me for a job i hadn't thought of before. Attendance is mandatory and he's really scary if you try to leave early or use your cell phone. We only got a 5 minute break for a two hour and forty minute class which i thought was ridiculous, but hes a great, nice teacher.

12/15/11

ENG101

This class had an incredible amount of busy work. We were not allowed to leave once our work was done. Writing papers for him was easy but we had to submit several different processes for credit. Glad to be done with English.

11/18/11

ENG101

After reading the reviews online for Dr. Galbraith, I was really worried to take his class. However, I found he actually wasn't too bad; yes, he can be monotone and he's a stickler for citations and not plagiarizing, but if you put in the effort and do the work, you'll do fine! Also, I do find that I really improved due to his high standards.

11/3/11

Eng101

Worst englsih class i have ever taken. I used to enjoy writing, but after this class, I hate it. He is rediculous with citation requirements. minimum 3 per paragraph! Do not take this class. You will regret it!

11/2/11

eng101

he is so boring and monotoned . really strict and rude

8/20/11

ENG101

I did not like his teaching methods at all?

8/4/11

ENG102

he's the worst teacher i have ever had. he's better off being a history teacher.

11/23/10

Eng101

He's horrible. All he does is talk. and talk. and talk. and talk. I don't even know what he talks about half the time because he lulls me to sleep. He acts as if we know absolutely nothing and keeps explaining easy stuff as if we're dumb. And...I get it...plagiarism is illegal. Ok.

11/5/10

ENG102

He's actually a decent professor, but I believe that you'll have to be good at writing essays to get a good grade for his class. He has a final which covers 100 vocabulary words every high school graduate should know. The final is an easy A (if you study) and will probably boost your grade up a bit.

5/11/10

ENG102

I had read reviews about Dr. Galbraith prior to enrolling in his class. I did not feel comfortable based on all the negative reviews I read about him. But he's actually not that bad. If you do a good job on all the essays, you'll get a good grade. He has a lot of classes that are not necessary where he gives useless powerpoints, but he's good.

4/27/10

Eng102

This teacher is very hard. I don't understand what he teaches. Gives low grades for good work.I even went to LSC for help and did extra credit but he still failed me. He gives a horrible final which I do not see the point of. Not recommended to anyone. Do not take this class you will regret it.

12/15/09

Eng101

I worked hard in his class, if you think your good at writing essays, in his class you will suck, he's terrible doesn't help at all I tried to arrange a meeting with him it seems he doesnt like confrontation. This class is very hard dont take it with him. He teaches nothing you do in class, he rambles about history..which you dont do in class.

12/1/09

ENG102

Rude cinile i would not recommend this class to anyone who is not an expert in history ans plagerism because that's what he bases his lesson's on

10/31/08

eng102

He is a good teacher, and can be intimidating at first, but it seemed to me that after a lot of people dropped his class, it got easier. He did require you to do work, but who doesnt?? He is not the funny type, although he will be nice to you if you are willing to participate in his class.

8/7/08

ENG101

Dr. Galbraith is a very tough teacher.He is intimidating and does not allow any fun or horseplay in his classroom. He knows alot about English,but seems to have a hard time getting that across in an interesting way.He'll like you if you're good,but is awful if you're not.He expects lots of hard work and is very strict about tardys and missed class

2/4/08

Eng102

He is absolutely the worst professor/teacher I have ever met.

More English professors at Paradise Valley Community College