Veena Prabhu at California State University Los Angeles

Veena Prabhu

Number of ratings 43 / Average Grade:  B+ Submit a correction

6/19/14

MGMT 307

Talks way too fast and rushes through slides when teaching. I didn't learn anything in this class. She gives 3-4 mini assignments in class/take home, with 2-group projects, 2-midterms and 1-final for a night class that meets once a week. If you are lucky you won't have to do your presentation on the same day as your midterm. Group are assign by her

4/2/14

MGMT 307

She talks way too fast, difficult to understand her most of the time. I couldn't focus. She gives 2 midterms back to back & of course a final. Gives you a study guide & 10 multiple choice questions to review - that could possible be on the exams (but they aren't!) - her exams are multiple choice, but are all trick questions. Take another professor!

4/1/14

MKT 307

Grade ReceivedC+

You could do the project in one day if you have a good leader. I however thought I was a good leader in my group, keeping everyone in check and encouraging them to do better- which is what the class is about. Funny thing is that I got a low grade. She'd rather us do better on the tests than the project. She also talks REALLY FAST. Too much info!!!

3/29/14

Mgmt 307

Best professor at CSULA. Very motivated speaker, makes lectures interesting. Truly cares about her students. A bit of work involved in class but nothing was hard. Highly recommend to take her.

3/24/14

MGMT 307

Dr. Veena is the sweetest professor you'll find at CSULA. She's understanding; however her class is very demanding in time. Team activites/paper, 2 Midterms, 1 final & Case Analysis. Too much information, but her energy & positive attitude make lectures interesting. STUDY & READ the chapters. Highly Recommend!

2/5/14

HNRS 220

One of the most inspiring professors I have ever had. She is fair and believes in compromise and is willing to help if she sees that you are struggling. Always be prepared for her class and have the reading completed. Her midterms and tests are mostly writing but it covers only the things that the class has discussed. TAKE HER COURSE

9/11/13

MGMT 471

She is a nice professor. 3 tests, 2 group presentations, and 1 group project. The tests are multiple-choice and essay. The class is not hard, but you have to work hard to do good.

7/30/13

MGMT473

She is an inspiring professor. I admire her so much.

6/20/13

MGMT 473

She is a great motivator

6/7/13

Very knowledgeable professor, holds various degrees. Helpful and very approachable. You will learn great deal by taking her classes.

MGMT 474

I LOVE VEENA! This is my 3rd class with her, and I would take her again anytime, anyday! She is the best teacher, and truly loves teaching and loves her students. 3 exams, 1 presentation, and 1 easy field research, and 2 case analysis for easy points. She is super understanding and flexible.

6/5/13

Veena is the best professor I have had at CSULA. I had three classes with her, she is so sweet. I love you Veena;)

Mgmt 474

Veena P. is a great profs. Yes, she does give a lot of work; however, expect to learn in the process. She is always ready to teach and it shows because she is very passionate about the subject. If you are lazy & do not want to learn, then do not take her class. However if u want a challenge and learn at the same time, then take her classes.Luv Her

MGMT 474

Veena has been an inspirational teacher-because of her I am an HR Coord in a reputable company. All it took was 1 HR class with Veena and I was hooked-since then I have based my schedule on her class availability. No I do not get As in her class, no it is not easy but I have learned more in her classes then all of my CSULA classes combined. U ROCK!

Mgmt 474

Veena is absolutely the best professor I have taken at CSULA. She is so passionate, engaging, and friendly. She cares very deeply for her students, and is always willing to help us out. Class is super easy, as long as you pay attention to her lectures. 3 tests, 1 group project, and a few in-class assignments. Definitely recommend her!

3/27/13

MGMT 471

I love Veena! This is the 2nd class I have had with her and will be taking another one next quarter. She is super helpful and is passionate about teaching. 3 exams, 1 group project (no presentation), and 2 group in-class activity with presentations that are real quick and simple.

1/2/13

MGMT473

I Love Veena! She is a Great professor and very passionate of her area of study. She is very clear and very helpful. Tests are not that hard, mostly powerpoint and some textbook, but she tells you exactly where to study in the book. Taking her again next quarter.

12/12/12

MGMT473

She is one of the best prof at CSULA. I would definitely take her again. No need to get the book. Read the powerpoint and make notes and you will do good in class. 2 projects,3 inclass activities,2 tests and a final. Class is fun. Make sure you have a GOOD group

9/18/12

MGMT477

My 3rd class with Veena, very sweet and helpful professor. She holds several degrees, but I'v only taken her for HR classes. She is great! I've learned a lot from her and am very appreciative for that! Take her if you can, you'll enjoy the class no matter what the subject is. I'm glad I've discovered this professor.

9/18/12

MGMT471

If you're serious about HR, take her, she is very knowledgeable and wont bore you to death with lectures. Class is fun, there is good amount of work, but it's not hard, but somewhat time consuming, but hey it's a 400 class, so dont expect to slack around and get a good grade.

More Management professors at California State University Los Angeles