in Ryerson University that teach Music Edit
Gillian Turnbull
Professor in the Music department
at Ryerson University, Toronto, ON
are you Gillian Turnbull?

01/06/2014
good
MUS101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: A

GILLIAN'S THE BEST

01/06/2014
good

Gillian is a fantastic professor. Her listening tests and midterms were very easy because she posted the exact information needed to succeed. If you get this prof you should consider yourself blessed. She is so helpful and kind. I am so happy I chose this elective. I would definitely take a class with her in the future.

08/07/2013
good
CMUS505 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Friendly and a somewhat lenient marker however the real problem lies with the content. Most of it is boring and her slides do not help either (no formatting; white background with TONS of memorization for tests). This class is DIFFICULT for those not used to music theory as many difficult terms are used. Easy projects/ essay but DIFFICULT tests.

06/25/2013
good
MUS101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

She may seem nice, but when I asked her out she said no.

12/04/2012
good
MUS211 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

God bless this woman! She is by far one of the sweetest ladies I have ever come across. Never met a prof who cares this much abt his/her students' success.

12/03/2012
good
MUS101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

absolutely amazing! spent 5 hours on the essay and ended up with 80%. if you actually try , you'll get A's. I didn't but she I still ended up with an 80. Pray that she teaches next year because she said her contract might be ending soon !

08/31/2012
good
MUS401 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Great Prof. Extremely helpful, very flexible with deadlines and due-dates. She is an easy marker as long as you pay attention in class and do the work. One of the best ones at Ryerson.

08/15/2012
good
MUS505 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I LOVE GILLIAN. That's what she makes you call her, too. I will never take a music class that isn't taught by her. She makes sure everyone understands and gives a lot of extra help for assignments. She's so funny and loves what she teaches. One of the best profs I've ever had. Usually ends up extending the final essay deadline.

06/27/2012
good
CMUS211 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

She's awesome!!! THE BEST PROF AT RYERSON! She's extremely helpful and nice! She makes the course interesting and I would definitely take another course with her!

06/18/2012
good

She's so pretty and pleasant! She is nice, very clear and helpful. She makes the course very interesting to learn! :)