Amanda Uvalle at Mt. San Jacinto College - All Campuses

Amanda Uvalle

Number of ratings 14 / Average Grade:  A Submit a correction

8/31/14

ENGL-103

Maybe Uvalle's class helped other people...just not me. Stuff I learned from her was what I observed and practiced myself as a 13 year old. Consequentially, I felt like I was being trained a "proper" way to think in the most unimaginative of ways. Otherwise, Uvalle is OK. Just too difficult for a "Easy A," though against the odds I got one.

11/15/13

english 101

she made me fear English ...I thought I would never be able to pass it. I approached her to ask what I could do better. Needless to say, she was absolutely no help.

8/7/13

Eng 103

I have taken 60 units many hard classes(micro,A&P,chem,Eng101)had a 4.0 untill this class. completed all assignments,read everything,took every quiz, missed no classes. all essays proofed by another English professor prior to turning in. Couldn't write the way she wanted everything came back with needs more development. Recieved a B

1/5/13

Eng101

Very tough teacher to get an A in. You will never be able to get a perfect on anything since her grading is very subjective. Rough Draft and Final Draft essays are due every other week. DO NOT TAKE THIS TEACHER!!!

4/29/12

ENG101

Awesome professor! Very personable and friendly. She uses the text book every class period, for every homework assignment, and for in class essays so the textbook is a definite requirement. Gives a lot of homework and essays but is very helpful and is always willing to answer any questions. Would definitely take her again. Great teacher!

12/4/11

Eng101

Such a good class and teacher. I would take a class with her again. There is a lot of work, but if you apply the notes she give you its cake.

1/3/11

ENGL106

A LOT of homework, best not to take this class with a full or overloaded schedule. Hard grader on the papers, do all the homework - lots of quizzes, and go to every class and you should be okay

1/24/09

Eng101

She is a really good teacher and quite fun, as well. I would recommend her, but be prepared for a heavy work load.

12/20/08

Engl4082

She is awesome!!! My first college experience was with her in English 101. You MUST take her class! Be prepared to pay attention and work. She is super nice and often amusing. I'd take ANY class she is teaching! Take her, you will learn a lot and love it!

11/10/08

ENG101

She is very good. She will get on you if you do not complete your work. You must pay attention and show up to class or you will miss valuable assignments. Very personable! I liked her a lot!

4/28/08

Eng101

She is time demanding and kind of hard to please, but if you keep up on the reading and do your essays, you'll be fine.

4/17/08

Engl101

She is a very good teacher; A lot of assignments but she makes sure everybody learns from her class.

4/17/08

Engl101

3/1/08

Eng101

Assigned a Profile Essay on Thurs.,due on Tues.,after a 4 day weekend.Wanted interviews and to go to the place profiled at least twice.In my opinion,gave enough time for mediocre work,but expected perfection.Not my style of learning

More English professors at Mt. San Jacinto College - All Campuses