Anne Magro at George Mason University

Anne Magro

Number of ratings 29 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

7/7/13

ACCT 351

Pretty much everyone here is right. Avoid at all costs unless you want to work really really hard for a C and mess up your GPA.

12/31/10

Acc351

She's rude and does not care about students. Very disorganized. Does not know how to teach although she's smart at tax . Mason should have fired her a long time ago. Avoid her by all means !!!

12/21/10

ACCT351

Prof. Magro is the best taxation teacher out there but she expects a lot maybe even too much, but you learn a lot in her class. Read the book, work out the class problems and the group problems and you will be fine. The project is time consuming but it is worth while. I really enjoyed this class believe it or not. Good luck.

12/21/10

ACC351

Magro class is very time consuming. The exams were hard. It's hard to get A, but it's not impossible to pass. You will do well if you read the text book before class and practice with the group problems. This is a hardest C I have ever had. Highly recommend Magro if you want to learn.

12/2/10

acct351

Well, I was smart and dropped early & there is a group project.(?) I had a impression of her as rude/ and out to prove herself smart by failing you BAD! It is a hard subject as it - don't make it harder on yourself - seriously- from class one: "I am going to give you hell - for your own good" - just bad mojo!!!

10/18/10

Acct351

You won't pass this class. Don't even both er trying.

8/29/10

Acct351

This professor is bright, but nobody will argue that teaching isn't for her. I don't think she was meant 2 b a teacher. Textbook is useless and has 2 many details if u decide 2 read all chanpters. Her slides were a joke, u'll get to see them.. She doesn't reply to emails and answers ur questions only if u ask them face to face. b prepared

8/16/10

ACCT351

Highly unrecommended! I just needed this class to graduate and still failed me. She gets students to stay in her class by promising a curve, yet she gives you like 8 points. Unless you want to work really hard for a C, don't take her..its not worth it..don't waste your time or money.

7/19/10

ACCT351

Read all comments. It says it all. She purposely enjoys making exams impossible to fail students. I slept with this book studying, woke up studying.

6/9/10

acct351

Keep away from her!! You don't trust a student who took the class 3 times? Go ahead and take this class with her. Come back after you fail miserably and rate her... see ya.

5/12/10

Acc351

She has no idea how to teach. Her exams are from mars. They are not even close to what a CPA exam looks like. She just gets this satisfaction from making students life miserable. WE ARE FREAKING ACCOUNTING STUDENTS NOT TAX STUDENTS. SOMEONE NEEDS TO TELL HER THAT. you can tell that she used to get picked on in school. NO MAGRO.

2/19/10

ACCT351

Her purpose in life was to fail as many accounting students as possible. I feel that most professors want to take anger out on the students and fail as many as possible, to show how smart they are. Thanks Magro for making my life miserable.

12/27/09

Acct351

Magro is by far one of the best Accounting teachers are GMU. Accounting is hard. You actually have to study to get the grades. She will help you any way she can so you can learn the material. Wonderful person and professor! Compared to other GMU accounting professors, she's amazing!

12/18/09

ACCT351

Magro is one of the best professor at Mason. She makes you study and study hard. Suffer to learn but makes sure you learn. Iagree that after taking the first exam I thought that I will fail this class. I had two options gave it my level best or give up. I took my chances and gave it the best shot--->"A" I have at the end...cont...

12/16/09

Act351

Yeah I agree " no more Magro" I feel what you said. She also told us if we surrvived the first two test the final is easy. Every one will get A and B Yeah. I hate Magro's class, stay away or you will suffer. Yes, no more tax and no more Magro.

12/16/09

acct351

I hate this beach. I did good on my tests and my final today. knowing I am passing her class so I warn you all not to take her class. I pass because I pretend to come to her office hours. I also stayed for extra classes. It was nightmare, Yeah no more Magro. BTW she cureves big.

10/25/09

acct351

I am an A student in all accounting courses i took. Extremly hard class this one. Seems imposible to graduate when take see the exams. An unbeleiveable way of treating students who are planing to graduate; If they wana make something hard on us, they should do that in early accounting classes so we dont scrow up our job offers lined up.

10/18/09

acct351

You feel like you learn a lot from her class hey you can't do well in her test. Good or no good professor? That is the question.

10/18/09

Acct351

Anne is a good professor, but her first test is too hard. Hope that her future tests will be more reasonable.

1/16/09

ACCT351

I just want to leave a fair comment that we took her exams in tax class for summer with Zadeh. I got a feel for what everybody was talking about, and yup, they were not lying, she gives unfair exams. NO MATTER HOW MUCH TIME YOU SPEND STUDYING, IT IS NOT WORTH IT.

More Accounting professors at George Mason University