Showing Professors...
in Purdue University - West Lafayette that teach Sociology Edit
Professors
  • Load More
Becka Alper
Professor in the Sociology department
at Purdue University - West Lafayette, West Lafayette, IN
are you Becka Alper?
Overall Quality
4.2
Average Grade
N/A
Hotness
Helpfulness
4.0
Clarity
4.3
Easiness
3.0
Helpfulness
0
Clarity
0
Easiness
0
Top 20 Tags for this Professor

See how other students describe this professor.

Choose your tags
3 Student Ratings
Rating Class Comment
08/11/2011
average
2 Helpfulness
3 Clarity
2 Easiness
SOC100 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Excessively anal about small useless details. Over the top for a 100 level course, not very friendly or approachable.

04/19/2008
good
5 Helpfulness
5 Clarity
3 Easiness
SOC220 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Alper is very helpful. Tests are given based on comprehension of material, so you really need to understand the sociological theories she is teaching. Has mandatory office hours (twice sometime through the semester, worth 5% of your overall grade). Final is a dissertation paper worth 15% and tests are typically worth 15-20% of your overall grade

03/06/2008
good
5 Helpfulness
5 Clarity
4 Easiness
SOC220 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Good professor. Very helpful. No final (dissertation-like paper using social theories instead). Occassional in-class assignments but other than that just reading assignments. Tests are built to evaluate if you actually UNDERSTAND the material, not memorized the definitions. Overall a great professor

Were these reviews helpful? Help out your fellow students
Rate this Professor
date Class Note
Are you sure you want to delete this note? Once deleted, we can't bring it back.
×

Thank you for submitting your note.

Close ×