in New York University that teach English Edit
are you Matt McClelland?
B+

07/01/2014
good
WTEscience Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Matt is indeed lifechanging. He will help you to understand and think about your writing in a way that no other professor has ever been able to. He is unbelievably helpful, if you go to him. Will allow infinite corrections on your papers. You essentially work for the grade you want until you get it. Not easy but not impossible. Great class and guy!

05/06/2014
WTE Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Great guy, very cool, calm and collected. Really entertaining as well. However, the class's are useless, hes way too pretentious at times, and the examples are terrible. Why are the walls blue in this essay? hell write an essay about that, BUT THEYRE JUST BLUE. He will ravage your gpa, unless you write George Orwell.

08/16/2012
good
WTE002 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

I came into this class as a transfer student, so initially I was not too stoked about having to take a freshman class. However, Matt made the class quite enjoyable. He's a really cool guy with a great sense of humor. His class can tend to be quite rigorous with about 1 to 2 essays per week but if you put a lot of effort into it you should be fine.

06/03/2012
good
WTE101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

I took the science version of WTE and Professor McClelland was the greatest.I learned so much about myself while in the class and as a result, I became a better writer. He pushed to work extra hard and there were times we sat bouncing ideas off of each other for a couple hours. Take his class and you won't regret it

05/04/2012
good
WTE101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I remember looking at these posts before I enrolled and debating either taking an easy teacher or taking this guy, and be challenged. I've never been happier with a decision. I took the science version; the workload is tough, but so unbelievably worth it. Matt will be the best professor I ever have. My life was changed just as the other posts say.

12/14/2011
good

Matt is very eccentric, definitely not your typical english professor. But dear gawd, his classes were so interesting. I literally felt....enlightened after each class. He really tries to help you become a better writer, so his marking may seem a little harsh at first.

07/10/2011
good
WTESci Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

As w/ every WTE class, the workload is heavy but Matt makes it so worth your time. He might seem a bit off his rocker at first but that is part of his charm and you get used to it. Very helpful, willing to stay after for ?'s, wicked sense of humor, & he requires office hrs for every paper so u are guaranteed feedback. Great guy, I learned a lot

02/24/2011
good
WTE101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

He really is not THAT difficult. He is tough when it comes to grading your essays, but he gives you as many chances as you want (until the last day of class) to revise. Make sure you do not leave them for last minute and you will get a good grade.

12/16/2010
WTE0140 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

TAKE HIS CLASS! It's extremely difficult but you will get so much out of it. He makes you think in a whole new way which can be frustrating at first but ultimately you will be thankful. I walked out his class every day with my mind blown. Literally changed my life.

04/26/2010
good

Matt McClelland is the professor I respect most after my first year at NYU. His class has definitely "deepened" my writing. Each of his classes taught me something new, and he always seemed to speak with a philosophical tone that could be hard to understand, but was nevertheless cool. He is a smart guy and always gave me great advice for my papers.

04/16/2010
WTE101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

This is the same person who posted the quotes earlier. Those were meant not as insults, but to grab the attention of prospective students. We love Matt! Because his class is so quirky and interesting :) I'm sorry feelings were hurt.

04/14/2010
good
WTEmap Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Great Professor with a great sense of humor. Very helpful and makes you think outside the box. For the first time in my life, I can actually say that I enjoy writing.

11/04/2009
WTE101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

He is a cool guy, but definitely difficult grader... As long as your willing to put in a LOT of work, maybe just maybe you can pull of an A-.

11/02/2009
WTE1 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Prof McClelland is a GREAT profressor, but his classes are really difficult. It's really impossible to get a good grade, unless ur a real good writer. BUT, you'll seriously get something out of his classes. He's so interesting and makes you really think about sh*t

05/11/2009
good
WTEmap Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Absolutely incredible professor. My favorite class I've ever taken. If you're interested in writing and want to improve yours, take his class. He's tough because he expects a lot out of you, but if you're committed, you'll walk away a better writer and grateful as hell for having him. He changed my outlook on writing and on life. Great experience.

04/30/2009
good
WTE101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Matt is hands down the best professor/teacher I have ever had. His class was extremely tough, don't get me wrong-- but in a semester, he has taught me more about thinking than any mentor. TAKE HIS CLASS!!!! You will be a better writer because of it. Plus, he's funny and eerily like Jack Nicholson.

04/30/2009
good

Awesome professor. I'm definitely not the best writer, but he taught me so much. I felt like a really learned something from a class that I was dreading taking. Great class discussions that really contributed to my learning and development as a writer.

03/31/2009
good

I am a terrible writer... I tried sooooo hard in this class just wish to get a decent grade(was planning to Ace this class before, but he makes it impossible), but i think i will fail... he is a good teacher, every time i walk out his classroom i feel enlightened, but his grading is a great turn-off and make you want to puke on him

03/18/2009
WTE101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

If you care about your grade and your GPA, do not take this class. It is literally impossible to do well. If you want to spend most of your time frustrated and trying to understand what Matt is trying to teach you, go for it.

01/21/2009
WTE101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

HE is a terrible, stuck up professor. Lectures were boring and he is a HARD grader. Dont take his class, you can find a better professor out there who makes sense unlike him.