Carol Karian at Fullerton College

Carol Karian

Number of ratings 10 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

9/10/13

CDES 201

For the CDES 201 clas online you need to put a lot of time in but she is a very good teacher and responds to email very quickly. There are a lot of deadlines so do not get behind. This class is well worth your time if you are willing to work hard.

8/28/13

CDES 201

I took her online "Child in the home and community" class. No textbook required. LOTS of deadlines. This class will take up ALOT of time so don't take it if you can't commit. I slacked a little and got bored so I ended up with a C. Beware b/c She'll call you out in an email sent to everyone in your group if you're missing assignments.

7/23/11

CDES201F

I took the online class, and you have to meet multiple deadlines! I missed a test because of a time confusion and she wouldn't let me retake it so I ended up with a C. If you take her, be prepared to meet multiple deadlines and receive 5 points for 10 postings. Quantity over quality. Don't understand why she doesn't have just 1 due date per week.

2/14/11

CDES201

I took two classes with her. I thought she was fair. She has much more practical knowledge about different situations that may arise with children than my other teachers in this department. This makes a huge difference in the quality of the class! You do have to do all the assignments, and do them on time, but you should pass fine if you do.

12/2/10

cdes201f

I am currently taking her online Child in Home and Community class and I love it. She is an amazing online teacher!

2/1/10

CDES201

Tests were hard even when I studied for them but with Bs and As on them and doing all your homework (which can take some time) will get you to pass. Lectures are boring since she loves to talk about her family but you have to go to class, one class missed takes away a lot of points. Offers extra credit!

12/10/09

CDES201

Very nice person and a dedicated teacher. Attendance is mandatory. No quizzes. Many in class activities- miss the class, miss attendance points and the activity! She let us use notecards on her tests- USE THEM!!! Her tests are impossible to pass without them. She uses many examples from her family, which was actually charming.

1/2/09

CDES201

I took her online and had to struggle the whole semester. Even though I passed this class I learned nothing. The assignments were worth 1.0 to 0.5pts despite the fact they were long and difficult. Her tests were worth a huge portion of the class and very difficult to understand. She is also judgmental and rude. Hard to contact or communicate w/her.

5/28/08

CDES151

I didn't enjoy this class. All she does is give you a recap of the chapters you read for hw. Spends far too much time discussing family matters. Prides herself about not giving tests but miss one class and you lost a LOT of points. Was a nice person up until people started dropping/not showing up, then she took out her bitterness on the rest of us

3/26/08

CDES151

LOVE HER!!!!! This is the BEST class!! Personal stories are soooo helpful in understanding children and their development. She is personable and completely fair. She warns you of her criteria in the first week and if you don't follow it, you'll feel it in your grade. Great class! You'll enjoy yourself!!

14202119