in University of South Carolina that teach Economics Edit
at University of South Carolina, Columbia, SC
are you Robert Carlsson?
1.6

03/12/2010
SCHC335F Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

If you happen to enjoy being insulted and confused then by all means take this class. Definitely the worst academic experience of my life so far. I overlooked the bad reviews and took him anyway- BIG MISTAKE. I wouldn't wish him upon anybody. Don't subject yourself to such a godforsaken experience. You've been warned.

04/06/2009
SCHC335D Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I went into this honors economics class without knowing a thing about the professor or economics. He is the most intimidating teacher I have ever had. I dreading being asked questions or seeing my grades. Nevertheless, I'm glad I took it. He gave me a class that truly answered the question: Why should I give a damn? I'll never do it again, though.

05/15/2006
good
ECON 221/2, 321 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Carlsson is an amazing professor! Difficult yes, but afterward you have a solid grip on the concepts. He teaches so that you understand, rather than just memorize, theories. A great foundation for econ majors or anyone who actually wants to make sure they know the material. Can't say enough good things about him!

05/04/2006
good
Econ 321 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Best Professor I have ever had for Econ. Period. Yes he's hard, but he gives you such an amazing background in Econ that all the courses after him are a breeze. I think most people got stuck on the realization that Econ actually requires some mathematical thought, but he helps you through that.

05/04/2006
econ322 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

05/01/2006
ECON 224 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Wow. I just got out of his exam and all I can say is: Clown Show. Even a good understanding of economics, which I don't have, wouldn't have helped me. I literally made every answer up. This jackass is intentionally confusing and loves watching his students struggle. I might as well have taken a dump and handed it in. This guy is a fanny bandit.

04/30/2006
ECON 224 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

His teaching strategy is "You're an idiot." He makes it a point to lead you into trick questions only to have you answer correctly, change your mind, and get yelled at. Of course, you live in a "hermetically sealed bubble," so you can't really be expected to answer anything correctly anyway. AVOID HIM LIKE THE PLAGUE! (No, really, kill yourself.)

04/30/2006

Prepare to be insulted the second you walk in the door. He ONLY asks trick questions the entire class and make you feel like you're worthless. His assignments take 5-plus hours to get right and they are insanely hard. The book will not help. He has ZERO PATIENCE. I've spent the entire semester slaving away for this class and I still might fail

03/01/2006

If you don't have to take it, don't. The class was difficult, tests were ridiculously long and never completed, and the exam was horrible.

01/05/2006
good
Econ 224 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

The toughest part was the quizes given every other day, they could be easy but sometimes they were a real shot in the pills. Perhaps also doesn't give enough time on regular tests and quizes, plenty on the final though. The class is rarely boring, and if your schedual isnt too busy you should be able to B this class with little trouble.

12/23/2005
ECON 224 Honors Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

This class requires a lot of outside work as well as personal interpretation. He does not teach but expects you to teach yourself. I started getting help at the end and if you approach him outside of class he is minimally helpful, but I would not recommend this class to anyone.

12/13/2005

This professor is just awful. He doesn't care about his students, and he's not helpful at all.

12/11/2005

DUDE, this guy is a F%$kin jerk! He is the worst professor i have ever had. Please, for the love of God, do not take him!

12/11/2005
ECON Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

HE IS HORRIBLE-DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT TAKING HIM

12/10/2005
ECON 224 honors Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Carlsson is a horrible professor. He gets angry when students aren't prepared, but he doesn't tell you what to read. His assignments are long and convoluted, and his tests are equally as bad. Basically, he's an ass. DO NOT TAKE THIS CLASS!!!

12/01/2005

This guy is the worst dam teacher I've ever had at this school. He just rambles on during class. Don't expect him to teach you anything because you need to teach yourself everything out of the book. He is a crabby old man to make things worse. His tests are way too hard. I got a B in Econ at Seton Hall but will be lucky to finish with a C here

11/29/2005
Econ Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

This guy's high up on the academic food chain so he doest give a**** how many students he fails. He rambles on and on about nothing and wont help you if you need it. Take this class if you want to but dont say I didnt worn you.

11/15/2005
good

Announces no grading policy at the beginning, nor throughout the semester. Challenging class and he teaches by application, not memorization. Final grade is likely to be based on effort and individual progress. Still makes himself available to his students and offers help, but leaves the responsibility up to the student, in terms of work.

11/14/2005

It would help if the guy actually spent some class time discussing the subject instead of talking about hypothetical and unrelated situations. Very unclear about the topic at hand. Horrible teacher. Avoid at all costs.

10/06/2005
good

After four years at USC, I must say that Dr. Carlsson is the best professor I have had. I would say that half of everything I learned in college came from this man. Truly incredible.