Marcia Tipton at Milwaukee Area Technical College

Marcia Tipton

Number of ratings 34 / Average Grade:  A Submit a correction

5/27/14

lifespan psych

Dr. Tipton was awesome!! She made it a point to get us to understand the content of the class!!! If i could take her as an instructor again!! i would...she's amazing and i'm going to miss her!! :-)Fredy

5/27/14

PSYCH201

great prof, knows how to make class interesting.

5/16/14

Dr. Tipton was awesome

5/15/14

PSYCH-231--226

Dr. Tipton is an excellent professor.

4/1/14

238 lifespan

Dr. Tpton was great. She used her own life to help you understand what she was doing. She gave our class a lot of extra credit . If you go to class everyday and attempt to learn you can come out of her class with no less that a B

3/6/14

PSYCH231

She was absolutely terrible. The tests never matched with the content learned in class. She talked too much about her personal life. Was very short with people and showed up on her own time. She canceled without notification and her presentations were ludicrous. I have never had a professor as unorganized as she was. I care about my education.

11/21/13

psych238

Great teacher, I love her.

10/22/13

Dr. Tipton uses her personal and family experience that relate to the course content. She is fair and uses videos, animations, class discussions to help make the class come alive. I highly recommend the course. It is only midterm and I'm looking forward to the rest of the semester!

5/20/13

psych 238

Dr.Tipton does nothing but talk about her family through the whole course. however she did go over the power points none of it was on the test when you question her she gets very upset PLEASE DONT TAKE HER CLASS!!!!

3/31/13

physic 186

Dr.Tiptoe was a great teacher I really understood a lot more about life after takin her class and I would recommend her to anyone I enjoyed the way she used her personal family experiences to relate to the lessons at hand I felt an even more deeper sence of responsibility to my children and and family again Dr tipton was great!!!!

1/8/13

Psych238

Ms. Tipton is a great instructor if you're a person that learns through experiences. She connects the vocab/themes with real life situations. Class was always inspiring and this class definitely helped me become a better student. I took Intro to Psych with her and that's what made me take her again for my Life Span Psych class. She's a BOSS! :D

12/24/12

psych199

For a professor who is so strict on due dates and attendance she sure is never on time to class or feedback on assignments. She has absolutely zero respect for her student's time and effort. Lectures were straight from the book and literally read off of it along with repeated personal stories, often irrelevant to class discussion.Wouldn't recommend

12/18/12

a188

dr.Tipton she help me out a lot with my understand life veiw, she always is ready to listen to you and just because she have her degree she still treat you as a person. and when she ask u if you read your lessons please make sure you do because everything she talks about and what she say you need to know you will have to know it. Thanks Dr. b bless

12/13/12

PSYCH188

Ms. Tipton is a well exampled professor when it comes down to her lectures. If you don't do what is assigned to you that how you fail. There is 3 major exams and 3 group projects make sure you pick someone that will be in class every time or your stuck doing it by yourself...which is still easy to do if your not a procrastinator lol...!

11/2/12

Psych238

I have mixed feelings on my experience with Dr. Tipton. She is an absolutely PHENOMENAL lecturer.. I could listen to her talk all day long. However, her exams were difficult (very specific w/ some errors), majority of projects were groupwork, and her grading scale is rigid. Great course, but pretty tough if you want to ensure a good grade!

8/25/12

psych188

I love Dr. Tipton she makes me want to do better.

9/21/11

psych201

Dr. Tipton is an amazing professor!! I would most definatly reccomed students to take her class!! She is there to help you with class problems, along with personal issues!!

5/30/11

tipto231

Mrs. Tipton is a very good teacher. She knows her stuff. When you cant understand the chapter shes right there to help you gain understanding.

5/20/11

Psy604

This teacher really made psychology come a live for me.She was easy to understand and explained all materials. I like the fact that I got all required work up front.

5/19/11

psy238

Most of the lectures didn't help with the tests. A lot of the material the teacher went over was irrelevant to anything that the exam contained. I felt that the lectures were a waste of time.

More Psychology professors at Milwaukee Area Technical College