Lamont Yeakey at California State University Los Angeles

Lamont Yeakey

Number of ratings 128 / Average Grade:  C+ Submit a correction

4/1/14

Hist 352

Worst teacher ever! He is extremely unorganized and goes off of tangents. He doesn't go over any of the readings and both of the tests are made up of several essay questions that he's not nearly specific enough about for the way he grades. If you can help it, avoid this class.

3/17/14

History 352

He's very knowledgeable and knows what he's teaching, he goes off on a tangent, doesn't really teach until a week before the midterm. Gives extensions. The amount of reading is ridiculously a lot and EXTREMELY overwhelming, only take him if you're taking like 2 classes and NO job. Don't ask or answer questions, he'll make you feel dumb.

3/5/14

Hist 352

WORST PROFESSOR EVER AT CSULA! AVOID HIM AT ALL COST!!!!

12/23/13

Hist 352

He was one of my favorite professors simply because of how passionate and knowledgeable he was on the subject matter. If you listen to the lectures, show an interest, and do all of the reading you will have no problem passing the class. Not to mention all of the extra credit you can do!

11/13/13

History 352

DO NOT TAKE!! He is rude and does not help at all. He is always late to class, unorganized, boring, and his testing is not based on his lectures. Try to avoid him.

11/1/13

HIS352

He is the worst professor I have ever had. the day before the midterm he was just beginning to pass out the info that we were required to know FOR the midterm. He has not started lecturing on any info at this point and is rude when you ask questions. Good luck trying to follow him for he goes off on random tangents that have no relevance.

7/5/13

hist 352

Excellent professor who expects students to learn

6/25/13

Hist202B

Horrible professor, goes off topic a lot. Answers a simple question with an essay. I passed somehow even though I did horrible in every test... I really don't know he graded us. Take him only if you don't care about college. We were behind by 4-5 weeks on the 10th week.

3/5/13

history 202

This guy expects the students to know everything and when you don't give him the answer he is looking for he will put you on the spot. He always puts students on the spot. Terrible professor. We are behind and he is not specific when it comes to studying. Way to much reading. Grades harshly. Don't get this professor. You will regret it.

3/5/13

HIST 202B

WORST PROFESSOR EVER!!! Do not get this teacher. I memorized the definitions from the book and when it came down to the quizzes and tests he gave each of them 1.5-2.0 out of 5! When I asked what exactly we should study he wouldnt even help he just said look at the syllabus. Would not help me. We were 3 weeks behind and his lectures were irrelevant

6/9/12

HIST352

I think he is a good professor. He is a little unorganized, but he is funny and helpful. I am currently taking him and he gives a study guide for the midterm and final. Midterm is a take home and another portion in class. The test was just like the study guide for midterm and we only had to pick 6 terms we wanted and an essay question.

10/20/11

hist202

worst professor in the state of California

10/3/11

HIST380

One of the hardest professors I've ever had, I'm still very surprised that I somehow managed to get an A grade. For this guy, you need to take word-for-word notes on his lectures, because he grades tests hard if your answer deviates from his EXACT words for definitions/events. He's a good guy, he's just very old and closed-minded, so play along.

6/3/11

HIST202B

Hard class but definetely worth it and reccomend it to everyone. He offers numerous extra credit assignments, and provides a study guide for the midterm and final. If you actually study it has almost everything on the test. It is a lot of reading, but the key to the class is EFFORT. He really knows his stuff and wants to share it.

12/4/10

Hist202b

He only talked about the Great Depression and the civil war, even though he is testing us for WW2, Vietnam war, and everything else. very unorganized, puts me to sleep. oh yeah and he is always late!

12/2/10

ETHS132

This teacher is useless i received no help whatsoever, never had a study guide, never received a decent lecture..completed every extra credit assignment and was later told only a few would count. extremely disorganized and always late. if you value your gpa DON'T TAKE HIM!!

11/15/10

HIST202

I read the books (3) and studied my notes. I still failed a quiz and midterm. I studied very hard. He's very disorganized.

7/30/10

EthSt121

He was my professor at GCC for Ethnic Studies 121. It was a 5 week course. The subject matter itself is not too bad and he is actually very funny... if you can understand his jokes. We watched alot of movies and all his quizzes are multiple choice and he offers SO much extra credit its unbelievable. I finished with an A in the class. :)

7/21/10

Ethni121

His understanding of Ethnic Studies is shallow. He is unorganized, not prepared for class, does not teach from the textbook and is always 20 to 25 minutes late for class

7/18/10

202B

HE IS A HORRIBLE PROFESSOR!!! HE SHOULD BE FIRED IMMEDIATELY!! HE WAS A WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY

More History professors at California State University Los Angeles