Cara Deleon at California State University Chico

Cara Deleon

Number of ratings 14 / Average Grade:  A Submit a correction

5/7/14

CDES 216 342

Cara is a bit cold. You have to seek her out if you need help, which is fine, but it's very much a "get it done and get out" kind of system with her. I've taken two and she's not super proactive/involved/present in the classes she teaches. Audio & documentary were both easy though.

7/16/12

cdes342

My favorite teacher at Chico State. Very helpful, so go in to talk to her. She makes a three hour class bearable.

6/2/12

Doc4131

I had Cara for 216, and recently 342. She is pretty laid back. I didn't learn much in 342 that I couldn't learn on my own. She doesn't actually teach you anything - to be frank. I did the production track, and I put more time into the class than any other class in my college career - I got a B... so, unless your her friend your not getting an A

12/14/10

CDES216

Cara is a pretty easy going and awesome teacher. She's not the best lecturer, but luckily the class is mostly about the projects. Definitely recommend CDES 216 for people who would rather work on fun projects than take a lot of tests. Don't buy the book. It's terrible and what's in the book is also in her lectures.

5/17/10

CDES464

I had Cara for 216&464. She is, understanding, fun, and an all around good person. When you get to know her well enough she almost becomes a friend. She is meticulous about certain assignments but it makes you try harder and pays off. Take advantage of her office hours too and get to know her. BTW, the 464 final is a class trip to the movies

10/21/09

CDES303

Her ppts aren't always clear, so ask if it doesn't make sense! But overall I had a good time. Never bored and let us out early alot! Things to know about her: 1)likes to go through material quickly. print out her slides and take notes on it. 2) study the lectures. she isn't big on testing on the reading.

8/8/09

CDES216

Interesting Class. She's awful at lectures, but her good looks help. She is kinda full of herself but nothing that isn't ignorable. Take it with her, she makes it seem really easy. Don't buy the book, just check out someone else's or skim through the part you want at the library. She only asks about 2 or 3 questions about the book. Good teacher.

2/12/09

CDES216

Cara is awesome. I'm glad I took this class in the Fall semester. Occasionally she'll wear some low cut tops. Makes it hard to pay... what was I talking about again?

1/13/09

Cara's da bomb!

1/2/09

CDES216

Are we talking about the same person? Audio has been one of my favorite classes! It's hard, but I learned a lot and she was always willing to help. Great class and teacher!

12/22/08

CDES303

This lady has a real chip on her shoulder. I don't know if it's how she was taught, but she can be incredibly rude to both students and even other faculty members. She'd probably be a better elementary school teacher. You can't treat college students like they're in 4th grade.

11/13/08

CDES303

Young professor, so she has an ego that can be irritating. The class is easy if you care, its basically Media English 101. The mandatory attendance is lame, especially when all course material is online. Also, class ALWAYS runs late and she gets pissed if you try to leave. Kinda inconsiderate when I had a class immediately across campus!

5/9/08

CDES303

was dreading this class, but she made it interesting

5/6/08

CDES302

she is always smacking her gum!!! thinks she knows everything, and is god's gift to the world! she doesn't present material in a way that we can relate it to today. She presents its as best as she can in her way of growing up, which was 10-15 years before our time, if you were born in the mid 80's. try to take a different class if you can!

More Communication professors at California State University Chico