in El Camino College that teach English Edit
are you Joy Zhao?
B-
11/06/2014
good
English 1A Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A
"There for you" "Skip class? You won't pass." "Inspirational"

Dr. Zhao is an amazing professor. Her classes get a little boring and lengthy, but she is so clear, kind and compassionate about her work. She cares about her students and gives out so much extra credit. The class is extremely easy; you have to TRY to not get a good grade. I recommend her to anyone.

10/04/2014
good
English-1A Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A
"Big time extra credit" "Amazing lectures" "Inspirational"

If you're a freshman, need to take English 1-A, and want an easy-A, by all means choose her. So far the class has been dead easy. The class can actually be pretty motivating and self-discovering, considering we mostly talk about what we want to be in life, while simultaneously learning grammar rules. She's really nice and patient. Arriba Jalisco.

08/22/2014
good
Eng1A online Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

She is a really good professor, gives a lot of work, respond e-mails very quickly, and understanding. This class is for those who want to work their butt out, so there is no time to lay back in her class. Overall I enjoyed and learn so much in her class.

08/17/2014
good
ENG1A Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

The professor Zhao always replied to my private messages when I needed help. Her class isn't easy but you learn a lot. I thought I was failing but it turns out I was actually doing good so I know anyone can pass this class haha. I would take another online class with her :). Discussions are hard but anyone can do them just take your time.

05/24/2014
good
English 1C Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: B

I took her Spring 2014 at El Camino Im going to be honest at the beginning i was completely lost but she was very helpful. You just have to be very organized and manage your time very well to be successful in the class. She is a very helpful teacher I would recommend to take her=-)

05/23/2014
good
English 1C Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: B+

Initially, I took this class because it was necessary in order to transfer. However, I am extremely glad I took this class. She is an amazing, kind, understanding, and helpful teacher. I took her online class and even if you were like me last minute at midnight doing hw she was right there with you answering questions and helping anyway she could(:

05/23/2014
good
ENGL 1 C Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: A

Took 1A through Zhao also. Very thorough classes. I learned a lot from both of her classes. Tough but fair - plus you will take away a lot from her classes if you put in the work. If you follow the instructions and do the assignments, you will get a good grade and be happy you took the class.

05/15/2014
good
Eng 1A Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

One of my favorite all-time teachers, she is very intelligent and educated and it shows. On top of all that, you can tell she genuinely cares for her students. I am glad I signed up for this class.

05/15/2014
good
ENG 1A Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Outstanding communication skills with students along with help with with preparing students for assignments in class and online. Dr . Zhao is also easy to reach through email.Any questions pertaining to tests and homework, Dr. Zhao will most definitely help students in any way possible.

02/28/2014
English 1C Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

This is the worst online class I have taken. This professor has put too many time constraints on an online class. Why am I spending so much time on the discussion portion of the class? You get two tries for a test but you don't get the results of the first to improve. I strive for A's but I am willing to accept a C to be free of this class.

01/21/2014
good
ENG1A Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Honestly people.. I don't know what your problem with her is... she tries to be funny, she is helpful, 100+++ bonus points. If you don't get an A you are retarded. The only time she gets frustrated is when people act like idiots in class.. we all know who those few are that drive teachers crazy. Act like an adult and she will treat you as one.

01/07/2014
english 1A Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Honestly, she is very confusing with her assignments.. But she is very easy A+. If u need to take eng 1A... just take her. She will be frustrating and confusing to reason out..but easy A i tell u. Just go to class everyday and do what she tells u to do... there's no trick or trap.make sure to do the bonus assignments!theres over 100 bonus points!

12/19/2013
English 1A 6410 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

She is smart and well educated but she has a strong chines accent, therefore, she is extremely difficult to understand. Forget asking her to clarify anything because her explanation will confuse you even more and if you express your confusion, she'll get very agitated with you and others. She does not realize how difficult she is to understand.

12/11/2013
English 1a Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

She was a terrible teacher. So rude and not helpful AT ALL!!! I would email and try to keep in contact to better understand questions and she would always reply with a rude one word response. For example - I emailed her asking how i could do better in her online class. she responded "I have faith in you" thanks for teaching me nothing.

06/17/2013
ENG1A Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Very kind professor. She does try to make the class easy. However, she does not explain the assignments well sometimes it gets confusing. She grades the essays kind hard. ATTEND CLASS EVERYTIME TO GET BONUS POINTS. Easy A if u do all the work she assigns in time.

06/08/2013
good
English 1C Taken for Credit:No Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Professor Zhao is a very caring teacher. She wants her students to succeed. Enjoyed her course online pretty challenging to me but she explained everything. Enjoyed her class! She also offers tons of extra credit

05/15/2013
English1A Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

She doesn't know how to explain what her assignments are. She has a problem with being focused. She skips from subject to subject.When asks to clarify, she still can't explain. What she teaches (sometimes) has nothing to do with English

02/01/2013
ENG1C4622 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

This is an online course. Lots of assignments. She grades hard but provides opportunities for extra credit. Feel free to question her MLA references as she was wrong on ellipses and she may be wrong on others--just double check first! Tests: copy first (of 2) chance and then look up the answers--no way you can do test in time allotted.

12/08/2012
ENGL1C Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Worst teacher I have ever had. Confusing, contradictory instructions, not helpful with feedback, is late on grading. She is teaching a class on critical thinking and logic, but is illogical, insults the students with her comments, changes requirements as the class proceeds. She should not be teaching a college level course.

11/28/2012
good
Eng1C Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I took her online because I am a lazy person and I get distracted super fast. She was easy but A LOT of work. I was not expected so much writing because it's online. But other than that it's very easy.