in St. Mary's University that teach Philosophy Edit
at St. Mary's University, San Antonio, TX
are you Caitlin Gilson?

06/02/2011
good
SMC1311 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

The Best, but she is longer at stmu

05/10/2011
good
SMC1311 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Absolutely love Dr. Gilson. I actually thought about becoming a Major after her class. Very understanding with students.

12/24/2010
good
SMC1311 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Amazing. She's always really into what she is saying and keeps you interested. When writing your papers it doesn't have to be super formal like other teachers. It's okay to ask questions and not understand everything.

12/19/2010
good
PL3342 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Absolutely mind-blowing class. I am really glad I took it considering metaphysics is the foundation for any philosophy course. It reaffirmed my belief in God and the fact that I exist. Very approachable about the paper.

12/16/2010
good
PhiloMeta Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Gilson is a gift from every monotheistic and polytheistic God. In alphabetical order but not necessarily in order of importance: Allah, Aphrodite, Bahai, Braman and the multiple arm Goddess. One thing, don't try to take notes it is futile, just listen and enjoy. Talks fast, more like a conversation. Amazing Prof. By far the best at STMU.

10/30/2010
good
PL3342 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

One of the best teachers at St. Mary's. Dr. Smith-Gilson is intelligent and makes classes exciting. My best memory is her pretending to sob when I didn't know the movie It's a Wonderful Life. She explained the problem of Evil in Jimmy Stewart's character and then when I found out about my FASTS acceptance got me the DVD. Unforgettable classes!

05/07/2010
good
PHIL3360 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Gilson is the alpha & omega

04/09/2010
good
PL3000 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Prof. Gilson is all around wonderful teacher and person. I am a graduating senior and she has changed me. Class is unforgettable she walks around with her eyes closed and makes funny impressions! She is brilliant. You sit overwhelmed at first and then start making connections. She really cares for her students. My suggestion, take all her classes!

12/06/2009
good
philo3342 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Prof. Smith-Gilson is the best, I loved this class! I learned so much and she is unbelievably funny,not one boring moment. Always patient and answers any question no matter how difficult. Obvious she loves teaching and her students. The poetry handouts were great, my new favorite line "fools raised on whipped cream":)Thanks for a great semester!

06/18/2009
good
PL3300 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

She is the best professor I ever had, her and Dr. Sherra Theisen are the best philosophy professors in the world. I learned so much from Dr. Gilson. I know that I will use her teachings in the realm of academics and non-academics.