in St. Mary's University that teach Philosophy Edit
at St. Mary's University, San Antonio, TX
are you Caitlin Gilson?

06/02/2011
good
SMC1311 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

The Best, but she is longer at stmu

05/10/2011
good
SMC1311 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Absolutely love Dr. Gilson. I actually thought about becoming a Major after her class. Very understanding with students.

12/24/2010
good
SMC1311 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Amazing. She's always really into what she is saying and keeps you interested. When writing your papers it doesn't have to be super formal like other teachers. It's okay to ask questions and not understand everything.

12/19/2010
good
PL3342 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Absolutely mind-blowing class. I am really glad I took it considering metaphysics is the foundation for any philosophy course. It reaffirmed my belief in God and the fact that I exist. Very approachable about the paper.

12/16/2010
good
PhiloMeta Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Gilson is a gift from every monotheistic and polytheistic God. In alphabetical order but not necessarily in order of importance: Allah, Aphrodite, Bahai, Braman and the multiple arm Goddess. One thing, don't try to take notes it is futile, just listen and enjoy. Talks fast, more like a conversation. Amazing Prof. By far the best at STMU.

10/30/2010
good
PL3342 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

One of the best teachers at St. Mary's. Dr. Smith-Gilson is intelligent and makes classes exciting. My best memory is her pretending to sob when I didn't know the movie It's a Wonderful Life. She explained the problem of Evil in Jimmy Stewart's character and then when I found out about my FASTS acceptance got me the DVD. Unforgettable classes!

05/07/2010
good
PHIL3360 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Gilson is the alpha & omega

04/09/2010
good
PL3000 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Prof. Gilson is all around wonderful teacher and person. I am a graduating senior and she has changed me. Class is unforgettable she walks around with her eyes closed and makes funny impressions! She is brilliant. You sit overwhelmed at first and then start making connections. She really cares for her students. My suggestion, take all her classes!

12/06/2009
good
philo3342 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Prof. Smith-Gilson is the best, I loved this class! I learned so much and she is unbelievably funny,not one boring moment. Always patient and answers any question no matter how difficult. Obvious she loves teaching and her students. The poetry handouts were great, my new favorite line "fools raised on whipped cream":)Thanks for a great semester!

06/18/2009
good
PL3300 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

She is the best professor I ever had, her and Dr. Sherra Theisen are the best philosophy professors in the world. I learned so much from Dr. Gilson. I know that I will use her teachings in the realm of academics and non-academics.

04/25/2009
good
Phil4312 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Gilson is a great professor 2nd class with her. She makes philosophy not just tolerable but interesting. I think she might be a mad genius.

04/12/2009
good
PL1310 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

She is the type of professor that wants everyone to leave with an A. I usually don't pay attention in class so I end up studying the reviews she gives before each exam. I still end up with over 100%. Super easy professor but you still learn a lot while having fun.

04/08/2009
good
PL1310 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Awesome professor. Has great energy and keeps things interesting. She is very helpful, especially on the reviews for tests. No real homework, just alot of reading but she finds interesting materials. I would take her for every philosophy class if i could.

04/03/2009
good
Philb Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

She is a great professor. Take her if you have the chance. She will work with you if you are having trouble understanding. Her goal is to have you walk out of class with an A.

11/23/2008
good
IntroPhil Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

She's a great teacher who gets excited about philosophy. Likes to be dramatic and walk around the class room. Doesn't take attendance, and doesn't use a textbook. Only gives 3 tests and reviews for all of them!

08/20/2008
good
PL3300 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Favorite philosophy class at StMU! She may SEEM tough at first because she is "deep" and uses philosophical language, but she is VERY willing to help and LOVES to be asked questions. She never makes you feel dumb for asking anything. Her tests are not hard, she gives a review the day before (memorize the review and your'e set!) Great class!

08/14/2008
good
Phil3360 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Incredible class, Prof. Gilson is hysterical, really smart and explains everything so well. Thanks for a great course!

07/29/2008
good
Philo1310 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Gilson definitely knows her stuff and isn't afraid to stick it to the bible preaching "philo department". She's captivating and knowledgeable, don't be afraid to start an rebuttal with her, she'll give you a run for your money. Overall amazing teacher.

07/04/2008
good
PL1310 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Prof. Gilson is simply amazing! she made the class exciting and was always helpful. Best ever.

07/02/2008
PL1311 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Wow. This class was completely useless. I learned nothing. Her notes were impossible to follow, just random scribble across the board. Only reason I passed the class is because before every tests, she supplies lengthy reviews to study. It's a lot of reading, but it was really the only way to get by. Her lectures and notes are just too hard to follo