in Oklahoma City Community College that teach Sociology Edit
Professor in the Sociology department
at Oklahoma City Community College, Oklahoma City, OK
are you Whitney Rudkin?

04/24/2013
SOC 1113 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Professor Rudkin seems like a good person but she is not the best teacher. She is scattered most of the time, constantly behind schedule, and spent large amounts of time revisiting past lectures. If she returns to teach at OCCC I'd only recommend her intro class to non-sociology majors as you may not learn a solid foundation for future classes.

12/18/2012
good
Soc2063 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

She is really knows the law. When she starts spitting out case briefs hold on to your hat! Read the text before you get to class or you'll be lost.

12/14/2012
good
SOC2063 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

She really knows her stuff! Excellent professor, really cares about students and the students progress. Has a real passion for teaching and it shows. Would love to attend more classes with her as professor. I really enjoyed how she went beyond the text and used different sources. Fantastic professor!

12/04/2012
SOC2063 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

She knows a lot about the subject, but does not follow the syllabus at all. Attendance is very important. She is unorganized and needs to be organized. It was a fly by the seat of her pants mentality. Staying on point is difficult for her. Needs to be prepared to cover all material she assigned. At times-she went over same info as prior class.

06/02/2012
good
Soc1113 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I had her a couple of years ago for soc. She pushed me to get involved in the Civic Honors Program and I ended up getting a full time position at the place I volunteered. "PAD YOUR RESUME" LOL....she's awesome!

05/24/2012
good

Professor Rudkin cares about her students. She covered every chapter in the text. Sometimes she thinks faster than she can talk, but she really knows her stuff. I feel ready for the CJ Program. COME TO CLASS PREPARED!

05/23/2012
good
soc2023 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I loved her!!!!! She was so great so helpful and she really cares about her students she is hilarious and you can talk to her about anything and she shows how much she really cares about every student. Had so much fun in her class and i am taking her again next semester. She is truly one of the greatest professors i have ever had so happy i had her

02/25/2012
good
soc2013 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

We have a lot of group projects and discussion. She makes you do a lot of critical thinking. I know she genuinely cares about my success. Don't see much of that these days.

01/10/2012
good
SOC1113 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

She is absolutely the best professor ever!!!! She explains everything so it is easy to understand. She gives out reviews for the tests. Attendance is important, and if you are early on test day sometimes she reviews you!! She cares so much about you actually learning the material. It would be hard to fail this class if you show up and listen to her

12/30/2011
good
Soc1113 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

If you show up to class and do assignments, it would be hard to fail this class. Attendance is a biggie! She cares about her students.

11/09/2011
good
soc1113 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

She has a lot of class discussion. You can tell she really cares about the students. She will try to get you to do volunteer work. Fun class. Attendance important.

10/13/2011
good
SOC1113 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

My favorite teacher! She really cares about the students and gets us involved in the classroom. Changing my major to Soc:)

07/08/2011
good
SOC1223 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Definitely my favorite class of the semester. I love sociology, and she made social problems even better! Very big on class discussion. Read the text and learn how to think critically.

01/30/2011
good
SOC1113 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

She was wonderful and very easy. made class fun! the only class i really enjoyed last semester and i have no interest in sociology! she is very helpful in every way as long as you come to class. She has many resources to offer!

11/16/2010
good
Soc1113 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

She encourages class discussion and plays devil's advocate to make us think on our feet. This is one class I really enjoy coming to.

11/16/2010
good
Soc1113 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

She really cares about the students. She has a passion for teaching and makes me think about important issues in life. I wish she taught more classes!

11/11/2010
good
SOC1113 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

She is a very good in class professor. Gave questions and answers on the test the day before our test. never had any homework! only thing i had to do was the journals due after thanksgiving! This was my blow off easy class for sure.

08/12/2010
good
soc101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Truly enjoyed the class. She responded quickly to my emails

04/28/2010
good
introSoc Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

She has a nice laugh! But anyway, Professor Rudkin is actually pretty good. I enjoy this class very much because of the subject, and her. Something is still missing though. Something in the teaching. It's not what I expected. I expected more in depth learning.

01/29/2009
SOC1113 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I took this online. She takes a very long time to respond to most e-mails, if she does at all, like everyone else said. The class itself in not that difficult, as long as you do the work. All of the tests are multiple choice, but answers often stray from the text, so pay attention and tell her. She will correct your grade when necessary.