in College of William and Mary that teach Art Edit
are you John A. Lee?
B+

01/10/2014
good
Art 211 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

He loves what he does and tries to help you any way he can. You do not need to be an expert to enjoy this class. He's engaging with his students and will go to each student at least once per class to guide them. He's particular about what he wants. You will have to invest a lot of time in the studio. He's given me a new appreciation for art.

01/16/2013
good
ART2D Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Solid teacher, he'a little hard to understand sometimes but once he explains himself again, it makes sense and he actually values art for what it is instead of making it just instruction. You'll learn as much as you want, grading is on improvement not quality. Take him for GER or actual interest, good either way.

12/07/2012
good
ART315 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

A great professor with a defined method that is insightful and interested. Although constraining in that he only teaches a certain impressionist way of seeing, Lee's teaching leaves from for creativity within the realization of the projects. I was very happy with his class and would definitely take another course with him.

12/28/2011
good
art211 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

He is a very tough grader when it comes to art. Projects are a bit boring but my skills had improved by the end of the class. Would not recommend for a GER.

12/11/2011
good
ART211 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Came in with drawing experience but still learned a lot. The projects he gives us are often tedious (we spent over nine hours drawing a box for one project), but nonetheless I learned a lot and my drawing and painting skills have improved. I wouldn't recommend this class to someone who just wants to fulfill a GER

05/31/2011
good
ART211 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

i came into this class with a little drawing experience, and i learned so much from him. he helped me appreciate the 2D world of art more! he's a very good teacher, and i think many can expect to learn a lot, at least learn from a different perspective!

03/29/2011
good

He's a great guy, gives constructive feedback, and makes hilarious comments if you're listening. He's serious about improving your art, and you'll definitely get better over the course of the semester. I thought I knew how to draw going in, but re-learned lots of techniques. Bottom line, if you're interested in the class, he's a great professor.

03/20/2011
good
Art211 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Even though I draw fairly well, this class was not an easy A. I put a lot of effort outside of class to do well on the homework assignments. At least there was no "final" drawing assignment. The professor was helpful, but seemed too focused on his own technique of drawing and most of the lass consisted of drawing boxes and toilet paper.

11/04/2010
good
ART211 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I absolutely adore John Lee. He goes out of his way to help students and is just an all around great guy. His dry sense of humor always kept me hanging on to his every word. The class was challenging, but I love art so I did well. As long as you try hard, listen to what he says, and show improvement, you'll do fine.

02/11/2010
good

First of all, he's REALLY gorgeous. Second, he's knowledgeable. He's also one of the most passionate professors I've ever met. And he will set you up with all you need to know to succeed in art with fundamental skills.

01/15/2010
good
Art2D Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

This guy is very quiet but he has a lot to tell you if you ask about the art. He uses a very classical method of teaching 2D Foundations, starting with lines and figures, measuring the still life etc.. if you are serious about getting your basics right, take him.

05/18/2009
good

He's actually very nice and grades mainly based on improvement and effort. Some of his concepts are hard to grasp but if you seek for help he will do his best to help you. If you have to miss class, then he will go out of his way to help you make up work you missed in class. Overall, he really cares about his students, he gives second chances!

10/25/2008
good

He's a stoic, quiet guy, but he's actually nice. When he explains concepts, sometimes it's difficult to understand because it's, well, art, but true effort shows and if you work hard, you'll get a good grade. I spend about 4-7 hours on art assignments, and I get relatively good comments, but that's just me. He's funny, but you have to listen close.

09/02/2008

He started off by telling us that just because it's an art class, it will "not be easy", and that even if we do all the work and can draw "like Michael Angelo" the most he'll give is a C unless our work is truly "dynamic". Our assignment was to draw 6 feet that express emotion (A sad foot? A happy foot? A jealous foot?)... I dropped out.

08/12/2008
ART211 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A