in University of Texas at Arlington that teach Biology Edit
Lee Ann Frederick
Professor in the Biology department
at University of Texas at Arlington, Arlington, TX
are you Lee Ann Frederick?
11/25/2014
1441 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: A-
"Tests? Not many" "Tests are tough"

We only had four tests including the final. She drops one but her test are kind of hard. Her lectures are pretty boring. I don't go to class because it's more effective to use that time to study on your own. She posts the Power Points and helpful things online. I wouldn't take her class again.

11/20/2014
good
BIOL 1441 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: A+
"Amazing lectures" "Hilarious" "Big time extra credit"

She is awesome. Biology is a heavy loaded class period, but she is giving all the help she can! Gives extra credit, so come to class. You WILL have to work for an A, but lectures, study tools, and everything you need is given to you.

11/20/2014
good
BIOL 1441 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A
"Amazing lectures" "Inspirational" "Would take again"

Her tests are based solely on the lectures and slides, but I would still read the book. She also gives you TONS of resources online that will definitely help you pass the class. Extra credit is given out to encourage attending lectures, which are recorded! I would encourage to look over the recordings before an exam to refresh your memory.

11/04/2014
1442 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A
"Tests are tough"

She has a habit of telling you to know certain topics for her tests, and then she doesn't include them in her exams. After that she will put stuff on the exam that she told you not to pay attention to. Told us the first exam would be all multiple choice. It was 12 multiple choice, something like 30 fill in the blank, and two essay reponses

11/04/2014
1442 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: B-
"Tough Grader" "Get ready to read" "Tests are tough"

I'm sure that she means well. I just didn't like her attitude. To me she seems very stuck up and self centered. I had her fro the Spring 2014 semester, and school was postponed until 10:30 am due to the ice storm. Our class was at 9:30 am, so everyone assumed that the test was put off. She emailed us at 9:00 am to tell us to come take it anyway.

10/29/2014
good
1441 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A
"Hilarious" "Would take again" "Skip class? You won't pass."

I love her. She made me realize my passion for Bio. You need to study like crazy,but it's worth it.

10/23/2014
good
BIOL 1441 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Frederick is a great teacher, but I just do not understand biology in general and I struggled because of it and had to withdraw from the class. If you want a great teacher, she is the one. If you are expecting to pass with flying colors, I hope you do better than I do.

09/25/2014
good
Bio 1441 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A
"Would take again" "Amazing lectures" "Respected by students"

One of the best "teachers" I've had at UTA. She puts a lot of effort into the teaching aspect of her professorship and respects her students. Highly recommend. (Oh, and yes it's a little tough, but it's Bio after all).

07/12/2014
good
BIO 1441 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Frederick is one of the best teachers I've ever had! The amount of material on each test can be overwhelming, but if you study the powerpoint slides a week or so ahead, you'll be okay. The tests can be tough, so you must work hard independently to be successful in her class. An A in her class is not easy, but it is attainable.

02/23/2014
good
Biol 1441 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Take her class if you truly want to understand biology. She tells you everything you need through her lectures. After class listen to her echoes until you can fully comprehend. You must spend no less that 9 hours a week to make an A so hard work is a must. I am so thankful because Dr Frederick gave me a great foundation for biology.

01/13/2014
BIO 1441 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Professor Frederick is a very helpful professor. However in a 50 min class, it was very hard to follow her at times. This class was tough, and her tests are very confusing. I would not take BIO with her, but I do believe that you learn alot from her class.

12/14/2013
good
Biol 1441 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Frederick is a great teacher. The only reason I made a B in her class was because I slacked off in the beginning of the year and my first two exam grades (a B and a C) in addition to my bio lab grade (B) couldn't make up for the two A's on the last exam and the final. Study for her class and attend her lectures. Sometimes she gives extra credit

12/13/2013
good
BIOL 1441 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Frederick is by far an amazing professor. She goes out of her way to make sure you understand the material. If you study hard and attend class you should definitely receive an A in this class!

12/12/2013
good
BIOL1441 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Frederick's class was my favorite this semester as a freshman nursing student. Her tests are very straight forward on the information and powerpoints given in lecture. It was also extremely helpful that the lectures were recorded online. Reading the textbook is helpful in understanding but not necessary. I would definitely recommend her.

12/10/2013
good
Biol-1441 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Okay to give it to you straight, it is a hard class but she is a good teacher. You need to go to class, even thought its not mandatory, and pay attention! If you put time into it you can get a good grade, she is good at explaining what she expects and she is good at teaching! Take her but be prepared to work for your grade. She is really nice too!

11/23/2013
good
Biol 1441 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

She is very nice! Explains the information in a way where the students can understand. She is available during office hours or you can ask questions during class. Funny! Highly recommended!

11/21/2013
good
BIOL 1441 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Very good professor. She know's her stuff and is very straightforward in what she requires for her students to know for each exam. Know the powerpoints very well and you should do well on the test. She gives you everything you need, so it's your own fault if you don't take advantage of her resources and ace the exams.

07/22/2013
good
BIOL 2457 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Definitely knows her stuff and really breaks things down to an easier level so you can grasp the concepts. Tests are tough but are very straight forward so if you know the material, you'll be fine. Just from personal experience, keep track of your assignments, grades, etc on a DAILY basis. If there's a mistake, don't wait to long to say something!

04/26/2013
good
Biol 1442 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Frederick is a great professor! I took her for both BIOL 1441 and 1442 and as I have moved on with my undergraduate career as a pre-dental student I have not met another biology professor that is near as good as she is. Her classes are not easy As, you will have to study but I can assure you that you will learn the material.

04/15/2013
good
Biol1441-04 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

A very nice professor and a great teacher. the test are very hard but she does everything trying to help out students. study hard, you will pass. NOT AN EASY CLASS. you really have to study extra hard.