Jeannie Judge at University of Massachusetts

Jeannie Judge

Number of ratings 43 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

11/21/11

EngLit1

Very nice, but very old-fashioned. He lectures are straightforward, but can be boring and difficult to listen to. He exams are extremely easy to study for, but she doesn't give you enough time to complete them and she knows it.

1/22/11

HISofELIT

Super super nice. Not an easy A but really nice and helpful. I didnt particularly enjoy the class but I think I would have if I were an English major.

11/23/10

ENGAAA

This class was useless. I took Brit Lit 1 with her, and I always zoned out because I had no idea what she was talking about. The first 2 classes were fine because she gave extensive notes and I learn better that way. Then she switched to lecture style without even a powerpoint and was unclear on what she wanted from the exams.

11/19/10

EnLit1

She's a nice person, but the class is boring and seems to take forever. The grading is based on essay-exams. She will give you a "study guide" a week before the test letting you know what the questions will be on.. My least favorite class because of how boring it is, and it is definitely my hardest. She is a nice woman though.

11/18/10

ENG267

Professor Judge comes across as an understanding and sweet little old lady, but when my grandfather passed away and the funeral was the same day as a quiz, she refused to let me make it up. Also note that if you are taking her Shakespeare class, she focuses 99% of the time on the histories, barely touching the comedies and tragedies.

9/16/10

ENG291

she so saucy.

4/23/10

ENGBL1

Very sweet but difficult teacher. Spat out Brit Lit I notes at high speed making things difficult to copy, had a tendency to go off on religious tangents (probably grew up in Catholic school). Show up for tests half an hour early; she allows students to start 10-15 mins early and may give extra credit (you'll need it, tests are long and hard).

1/24/10

CWrit300

I took her for my College Writing 1 class and she definitely improved my all around essay writing ability. She's tough, but fair. If you put in the time she'll notice.

12/26/09

HIST101

she taught hist of english 101 and she was great. she helped me out alot and enough i was supposed to fail dat class, she gave me a C cuz i proved to her i have been trying my hardest. she's A+++++

5/4/09

ENG201

I took her for Literature and women..some of the books are awful, some are good, but you definitely need to read to get anywhere. Gives a few pop quizzes, 3 tests and 1 paper. Easy if you just go. Nice lady too!

12/1/08

ENG17th

I had her for 17th Century Lit. I REALLY liked her, and she knows a TON about the material she teaches. She helped to make all the poems we read very interesting. He papers are relatively easy but her tests are pretty difficult. As long as you understand the material though you should be okay. I'd definately reccomend her.

11/1/08

Engmany

She's a great teacher bu her tests are almost impossible to complete withinthe time limit. If you stay on top of your readings and go to class you should be okay. Not an easy A class!

10/17/08

Eng101

She's great so long as you read... she will help you and is flexible withs chedules but does take attendance. I love her, i'd recommend her highly.

5/12/08

EN201

She's better than the last teacher I took this class with. She really goes in depth on the works and it's really helpful especially if you take notes and study.

1/27/08

ManyLIT

Judge is fabulous! Take any classes you can with her!

8/15/07

brit2

She was wonderful and was obviously passionate about what she teaches. Very clear and engages the classroom. Also, she is a fabulous dresser. I mean Her clothes are just adorable and for a woman of her ages she pulls them off remarkably!

11/6/06

CW101

very easy class, a lot of reading... longest paper i did was like 5 pages but it was researching or whatever... she's unintentionally funny and sometimes gets off topic to talk all sort of things... as long as you do the readings and try to talk in class you'll be all set... her exams are based on the readings so they're not too hard (if u read)...

4/3/06

Women Writers

Not a bad class, but she's really flaky. I wish she'd stay on top of the syllabus - the one week we got ahead of the syllabus she just considered EVERYONE ahead of the syllabus. I didn't turne in a response paper by accident - I had missed a previous class and when I emailed her she didn't mention anything about it. then surprise!! a paper was due!

11/13/05

English Lit 1

She's funny, her class is always entertaining. She does give a lot of reading, and her exams take a lot of writing and detail. You can do well in this course without too much trouble.

9/16/05

CW I

Tried to argue againts slightly off beat points in my essays with historically inaccurate points. All she ever did was tell stories about her grandkids for 50 minutes and send you on your way without ever actually teaching a thing. A real nice lady and she did eventually change my F's to B's when i proved her wrong, but all in all a really sweet nice old fool.

More English professors at University of Massachusetts