in SUNY Oswego that teach Political Science Edit
Professor in the Political Science department
at SUNY Oswego, Oswego, NY
are you Craig Warkentin?

11/07/2014
14766 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: Rather not say
"Tests are tough" "Get ready to read" "Tough Grader"

He is the worst professor I have had since transferring here two years ago. He gave me multiple zeros on exams back just for minor mistakes. He does not give partial credit and does not help or explain things well. Stay away from him at all costs.

10/16/2013
good
POL 319 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Warkentin is probably the best professor in the department. Really cares about how students are doing and that they understand the material. I am truly thankful to have had him so many times, really makes me passionate about what we do.

12/10/2012
good
POL363 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

GREAT PROFESSOR! He knows how to take dense material and make tolerable. Although I really was not that interested in the class, I still enjoyed going because he was so helpful.

01/09/2012
good
WST300 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Professor Warkentin is an amazing professor! If you do the work, and follow the book, then you'll be fine! He's very helpful and always explains all of the assigned papers in detail. There were about 5 papers in this class, and if you pay attention in class, they are easy! He's strict about APA citations and references, so make sure you do it right

12/05/2011
good

This class is more of an introductory course to WST than WST200. It was ridiculously easy, but I HATED the way he taught. He ONLY does group work. I don't learn anything from that. The best part of the course was the movies, because it didn't involve him talking and group work.

10/18/2011
good
GLS309 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Easily one of the best professors at Oswego, if not the best. The guy is brilliant and is willing to go above and beyond to help you. I've taken many classes with him and he remains my favorite professor.

12/08/2010
good
POL300 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I've actually taken many classes with Warkentin, 300 in my final semester. He is the best professor a student could ask for. He challenges,inspires and encourages. Yes, the writing can be challenging, but it only helps you. My first class with him helped me to discover my passion for intl affairs. I'm now studying IR in grad school. Take him!

11/17/2010
good
GLS301 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

By far one of the best professors at SUNY Oswego. I've not only taken one class with him but several. His classes are not lecture based. If you don't like class discussion he is not for you. He is very strict about citations but this has help to improve my writing style. He has taught me as well as inspired me to make change in the world.

11/07/2010
Pol201 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

He's the least intellectually inclined professor in the department, that's for sure. He's not big into teaching either, just "get into groups and discuss the text" type. He could not care less what you have to say, but cares everything about how you cite it. He's highly unorganized at times and totally useless when you ask questions. Avoid him!

06/06/2010
GLS301 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

He is all about can you jump through my hoops, not do you understand the material. Unclear and absolutely in love with him self and his voice. This class will do you no good in life its completely pointless. But not that much work, just lots of reading.

02/09/2010
good
WST200 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Great professor. Funny and shows great films. Not much homework.

11/07/2009
good
pol209 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

prof Warkentin's classes focus on discussions which really helped me to internalize the main concepts. Very interesting and relevant information. Book is an easy read and the IR simulation game reinforces the entire semesters lessons.

04/13/2009
good
WST300 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

AMAZING!!! He is such an awesome professor. We only have papers so if you are better at writing then taking multiple choice tests this is your class. The book is used at EVERY class meeting so make sure you buy it. Basically, if you go to class, put a little effort into the papers...you will do very good!! He is such a nice guy and veryyyy helpful!

02/16/2009
POL209 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

This class was alright. The first half was boring and tests were tough. You need to read the text! Second half was a simulation on International Politics and I looked forward to it! Great experience.

02/05/2009
good
POL209 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Great Professor. It was great engaging in class discussions and learning about his views when it comes to international issues. Tests were very easy and not a extreme load of writing to do.

12/29/2008
good
POL209 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Very good professor, I'd recommend to anyone that has to take a class in Politics. Classes go by fast. 3 tests, 2 current events that are 1 page, 2 papers that are 3 pages. Not too much work and very helpful if approached.

12/04/2008
good
Pol209 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

He helps prepare political science majors for their career and does not continue high school style teaching. He is late for class because he is always helping out students. He is a great professor in my opinion.

05/12/2008
good
POL300 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Warkentin is the best professor I have ever had. If you give him a chance and you do your work and you really, really try hard, he will reward you. Yeah, he's a stickler about grammar and he doesn't stand there and tell you what to think, but that makes you a better student. If you aren't lazy, I strongly suggest you take his classes.

12/23/2007
good
GLS200 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Great class....

12/23/2007
good
GLS200 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Warkentin is a great professor. I had him as a freshmen for GLS 200. I had no clue what to expect coming as the youngest and less experienced in the class. Dr. W was helpful not only as my professor but also as an adviser. I would/am taking another class with him.