Craig Warkentin at SUNY Oswego

Craig Warkentin

Number of ratings 66 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

10/16/13

POL 319

Dr. Warkentin is probably the best professor in the department. Really cares about how students are doing and that they understand the material. I am truly thankful to have had him so many times, really makes me passionate about what we do.

12/10/12

POL363

GREAT PROFESSOR! He knows how to take dense material and make tolerable. Although I really was not that interested in the class, I still enjoyed going because he was so helpful.

1/9/12

WST300

Professor Warkentin is an amazing professor! If you do the work, and follow the book, then you'll be fine! He's very helpful and always explains all of the assigned papers in detail. There were about 5 papers in this class, and if you pay attention in class, they are easy! He's strict about APA citations and references, so make sure you do it right

12/5/11

WST300

This class is more of an introductory course to WST than WST200. It was ridiculously easy, but I HATED the way he taught. He ONLY does group work. I don't learn anything from that. The best part of the course was the movies, because it didn't involve him talking and group work.

10/18/11

GLS309

Easily one of the best professors at Oswego, if not the best. The guy is brilliant and is willing to go above and beyond to help you. I've taken many classes with him and he remains my favorite professor.

12/8/10

POL300

I've actually taken many classes with Warkentin, 300 in my final semester. He is the best professor a student could ask for. He challenges,inspires and encourages. Yes, the writing can be challenging, but it only helps you. My first class with him helped me to discover my passion for intl affairs. I'm now studying IR in grad school. Take him!

11/17/10

GLS301

By far one of the best professors at SUNY Oswego. I've not only taken one class with him but several. His classes are not lecture based. If you don't like class discussion he is not for you. He is very strict about citations but this has help to improve my writing style. He has taught me as well as inspired me to make change in the world.

11/7/10

Pol201

He's the least intellectually inclined professor in the department, that's for sure. He's not big into teaching either, just "get into groups and discuss the text" type. He could not care less what you have to say, but cares everything about how you cite it. He's highly unorganized at times and totally useless when you ask questions. Avoid him!

6/6/10

GLS301

He is all about can you jump through my hoops, not do you understand the material. Unclear and absolutely in love with him self and his voice. This class will do you no good in life its completely pointless. But not that much work, just lots of reading.

2/9/10

WST200

Great professor. Funny and shows great films. Not much homework.

11/7/09

pol209

prof Warkentin's classes focus on discussions which really helped me to internalize the main concepts. Very interesting and relevant information. Book is an easy read and the IR simulation game reinforces the entire semesters lessons.

4/13/09

WST300

AMAZING!!! He is such an awesome professor. We only have papers so if you are better at writing then taking multiple choice tests this is your class. The book is used at EVERY class meeting so make sure you buy it. Basically, if you go to class, put a little effort into the papers...you will do very good!! He is such a nice guy and veryyyy helpful!

2/16/09

POL209

This class was alright. The first half was boring and tests were tough. You need to read the text! Second half was a simulation on International Politics and I looked forward to it! Great experience.

2/5/09

POL209

Great Professor. It was great engaging in class discussions and learning about his views when it comes to international issues. Tests were very easy and not a extreme load of writing to do.

12/29/08

POL209

Very good professor, I'd recommend to anyone that has to take a class in Politics. Classes go by fast. 3 tests, 2 current events that are 1 page, 2 papers that are 3 pages. Not too much work and very helpful if approached.

12/4/08

Pol209

He helps prepare political science majors for their career and does not continue high school style teaching. He is late for class because he is always helping out students. He is a great professor in my opinion.

5/12/08

POL300

Dr. Warkentin is the best professor I have ever had. If you give him a chance and you do your work and you really, really try hard, he will reward you. Yeah, he's a stickler about grammar and he doesn't stand there and tell you what to think, but that makes you a better student. If you aren't lazy, I strongly suggest you take his classes.

12/23/07

GLS200

Great class....

12/23/07

GLS200

Dr. Warkentin is a great professor. I had him as a freshmen for GLS 200. I had no clue what to expect coming as the youngest and less experienced in the class. Dr. W was helpful not only as my professor but also as an adviser. I would/am taking another class with him.

12/16/07

Pol209

Basically all group work and some videos. I enjoyed the group discussions.. but after having them every day it got a little boring.. but over all a decent class

More Political Science professors at SUNY Oswego