in University of Tennessee - Knoxville that teach Biology Edit
Gladys Alexandre
Professor in the Biology department
at University of Tennessee - Knoxville, Knoxville, TN
are you Gladys Alexandre?
B-

05/10/2014
BIO 148 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: B

I'm an honors student majoring in Biochemistry. She is very interested in her subject, but she expects you to make difficult connections right after subject material is introduced. Exams vary in difficulty. Just be prepared, and don't slack ever. Lots of pop Clicker quizzes. AP Bio would have been very useful. I didn't want a B in a 100-course.

04/28/2014
good
bio148 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: A

She is such a sweet teacher!! She is also extremely smart, it's unbelievable! The material can be difficult at times, but she makes it understandable. She jokes a LOT and makes boring subjects very interesting!! I love her so much. I definitely recommend her as a teacher! By the way, she is french and has the cutest accent ever! Love her to pieces.

01/15/2014
BIO 140 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Very difficult professor. This was a 100 level course and she expected us to be on a 400 level. I've always been good at Bio until I was a student in this course with her. She was very difficult to understand and little to no help. When I emailed asking for help,she would only tell me what I was doing wrong and was super rude. AVOID AT ALL COSTS!

12/11/2013
Bio 140 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: C-

Dr. Alexandre is an awful teacher. A week before the final she decided to make the exam 13 questions, all short answer, and no partial credit. AVOID AT ALL COST. Your GPA will thank you.

11/15/2013
Biology 140 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: C+

If you can avoid taking this class from her, I seriously recommend it. Even if you learn all of the concepts, the exams are impossible because she makes them more research based.

11/11/2013
BIO 140 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: C+

I heard multiple times that this class is not hard. However, I took this and had two professors, Dr. Alexandre being one of them. She is so smart and just expects everyone to be on her level. I attend every class and study a ton for the tests and still struggle to pass. I have heard of MUCH easier professors for this class so I suggest taking them!

08/12/2013
good
BIO 148 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

It is an honors course and so it was difficult. She did a good job trying to make it manageable and not boring. I did have to put in a lot of time studying. The lab work was hard sometimes and things would stack up quickly. That being said she is a still a great teacher.

05/09/2012
good
Bio148 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Great teacher, know how to make really dry subjects interesting. Usually says something hilarious once a week. Lab section is hard with a bad TA. Quizzes before almost every lecture on blackboard and clicker quizzes during EVERY lecture. Tests are kinda rough and final for my class was quite difficult; however, she is great and I learned a lot.

04/16/2012
good
Bio148 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

If you need to take Bio 140, I highly suggest you take honors 148! She is hilarious and very engaging. Make sure you read the textbook because only going to lecture will not be enough to get an A on tests.

09/26/2011
BIOL140 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

If I had studied and read the book more then I would have made an A. She is a good teacher and knows the material. You just have to put forth effort. Getting a B requires little to no effort. You have to go to class AND study.